ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Put "MAGA" in the Dust Bin?

elderdawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Fairview, NC
I am not talking about the policies that MAGA stands for, but the label itself. Take away that label and the liberal media won't know who to attack. Attacking candidates and blue collar/middle class American voters for being for "Main St over Wall St.", creating mfg jobs, energy production, controlled immigration/border, etc. won't be as easy since that is probably a political majority and mainstream, not the right-wing extremist label that they try to pin on MAGA voters.

Last edited:
I am not talking about the policies that MAGA stands for, but the label itself. Take away that label and the liberal media won't know who to attack. Attacking candidates and blue collar/middle class American voters for being for "Main St over Wall St.", creating mfg jobs, energy production, controlled immigration/border, etc. won't be as easy since that is probably a political majority and mainstream, not the right-wing extremist label that they try to pin on MAGA voters.

Psst
Might want to spread the word

As one of the resident libs, I'd like to give my 2 cents on this topic of MAGA policies. There are no MAGA policies, just conservative policies that Trump has attempted to rebrand as his own to give the impression that he is the Republican party. He has done nothing policy-wise that is revolutionary or moved the GOP in a different direction.

Last edited:
As one of the resident libs I'd like to give my 2 cents on this topic of MAGA polices. There are no MAGA policies, just conservative polices that Trump has attempted to rebrand as his own in order to give the impression that he is the Republican party.
This just isn’t true. I am on record saying we need to divorce ourselves from him. He still had several policies that pubs haven’t done before. Including some for minorities. Just google Jim brown and trump. Or ray Lewis and trump. Those are things that weren’t done before. Or go and call Jim brown a liar. His policies in some cases were innovative. And really common sense. He is too polarizing. This mid term is Americans telling you we are split. You don’t win by becoming more adversarial imo. Love him or hate him, this is what made him president. But imo no longer what we need in a leader now. His common sense thinking at times would be nice to see. In the meantime, I am afraid trump is going scorched earth on everyone. Which will be entertaining and suck at the same time. But denying what he accomplished is the same as denying what he has done wrong.

Last edited:
@elderdawg how would you fix it? Most of the non sense you see is paid actors. Bay News 9 in Tampa area goes to USF recruits & pays students. Then can run on news cycle beginning at 4pm daily. There’s not enough local news for a 4pm-6:30pm news cycle daily.

Don, meet Dustbin:

Fhr-avjWYAAEoiY

Reactions: magnolia93ugagrad
As one of the resident libs I'd like to give my 2 cents on this topic of MAGA polices. There are no MAGA policies, just conservative polices that Trump has attempted to rebrand as his own in order to give the impression that he is the Republican party.
rent free

Reactions: Section220Dawg
You are wrong there. There is a reason the establishment GOP is so scared of Trump releasing the populist genie out of the bottle. If you think there is no new Republican base, and it is just made up of the old base, you are not paying attention to the growing numbers of blacks, Hispanics, and former dems like myself, who have walked away from the Dems and their shift to deranged policies, and towards America 1st policies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT