ADVERTISEMENT

Todd

I think there is legitimate gripe on NBCs choice of hiring Ronna. She brings nothing to the table, and will (her words) say what she is paid to say. She is a "Yes" girl.

She carried trump's election denial water....you don't get a pass for that. She should just go work for fox or newsmax.

I think there is legitimate gripe on NBCs choice of hiring Ronna. She brings nothing to the table, and will (her words) say what she is paid to say. She is a "Yes" girl.

She carried trump's election denial water....you don't get a pass for that. She should just go work for fox or newsmax.
And Jen Psaki brings more? I’m not a fan or foe of Ronna but certainly appears as qualified as 3/4 of the journalists and paid opinion makers across all the networks. Todd doesn’t even appear that talented to me, if NBC ‘s brass had any balls they would at minimum sit him for a few weeks. His predecessor was really good and was a moderate liberal….

And Jen Psaki brings more? I’m not a fan or foe of Ronna but certainly appears as qualified as 3/4 of the journalists and paid opinion makers across all the networks. Todd doesn’t even appear that talented to me, if NBC ‘s brass had any balls they would at minimum sit him for a few weeks. His predecessor was really good and was a moderate liberal….
I didn't say that about psaki...not a fan of hers and never really have been. She puts off a condescending vibe....

But Ronna regurgitated the RNC company line that the election was stolen. She doesn't deserve a platform to continue to spread trump's lies. She has no credibility and doesn't provide a "conservative perspective". Her perspective would be "autocratic"...

That's not the point.

That's not the point.
What is the point then?

Her election denialism most certainly is a point of contention and adds context to the gripe. She's a liar. Plain and simple. She shouldn't be allowed to spread those lies to a broader audience and be compensated for it.

Did you see her interview? Her "take one for the team" comment was a good look at who she really is...she will say whatever she is paid to say, regardless of it's truthfulness.

NBC stepped in it here for sure... CNN is probably happy she didn't accept their offer.

• Haha
Reactions: poochpup
What is the point then?

Her election denialism most certainly is a point of contention and adds context to the gripe. She's a liar. Plain and simple. She shouldn't be allowed to spread those lies to a broader audience and be compensated for it.

Did you see her interview? Her "take one for the team" comment was a good look at who she really is...she will say whatever she is paid to say, regardless of it's truthfulness.

NBC stepped in it here for sure... CNN is probably happy she didn't accept their offer.
The point is the Left hired ppl like Michael Steele, who hates Trump, and Stephanopoulos, who had no experience. They have zero professionalism or desire for any type of diversity of thought.

Reactions: Section220Dawg
The point is the Left hired ppl like Michael Steele, who hates Trump, and Stephanopoulos, who had no experience. They have zero professionalism or desire for any type of diversity of thought.
If you think this is about experience as a journalist you missed the point of why people are not happy with the decision to hire her....that has very little to do with it.

Diversity of thought is one thing. Hiring someone whose loyalty is to the all mighty dollar is another. She is not credible. She adds no diversity of thought.

If you think this is about experience as a journalist you missed the point of why people are not happy with the decision to hire her....that has very little to do with it.

Diversity of thought is one thing. Hiring someone whose loyalty is to the all mighty dollar is another. She is not credible. She adds no diversity of thought.
They're not happy because she's not one of them like Michael Steele or Nicole Wallace. The meltdown is childish and absurd.

They're not happy because she's not one of them like Michael Steele or Nicole Wallace. The meltdown is childish and absurd.
No. It is because she's a liar. And basically said she will say anything for money (take one for the team comment).

Reactions: willdup
What is the point then?

NBC and most media outlets are attempting to deny a candidate in a future election, ...I think that is more terrible than denying results of a past elections

NBC and most media outlets are attempting to deny a candidate in a future election, ...I think that is more terrible than denying results of a past elections
NBC isn't denying anyone anything. They hired Ronna to be that opposing voice; I applaud them for their thought process.

However, their colleagues at NBC are not happy with the hire. They have that right. And in this case I agree with them. Plenty of evidence to support it.

In my opinion, if you are looking for diversity of thought, hiring a known liar and mouthpiece for trump is not the right move. There are better options.

Reactions: nice marmot
NBC isn't denying anyone anything. They hired Ronna to be that opposing voice; I applaud them for their thought process.

However, their colleagues at NBC are not happy with the hire. They have that right. And in this case I agree with them. Plenty of evidence to support it.

In my opinion, if you are looking for diversity of thought, hiring a known liar and mouthpiece for trump is not the right move. There are better options.
Oh, good grief. NBC, Chuck Todd, Kristen Welker and many other supposed impartial, straight news journos at NBC spent the better part of 4 yrs spewing partisan stories they knew were false, including the Russian propaganda line about the laptop. (Pure election interference.)

Let's not even get started on MSNBC. We KNOW Steph lied during his time as a Clinton apologist when he tried to discredit Paula Jones. We know Psaki stone cold lied from the podium as O and Biden's mouth piece. This has nothing to do with McDaniel and everything to do with trying to prevent anyone from pushing back on NBC's ability to use their air as a tool of the establishment.

They aren’t happy because she was a significant promoter of the single biggest and most destructive lie in our political history and she is entirely unrepentant.

She was lying, she knew she was lying, and she made a conscious decision to “take one for the team” in pursuit of money and power.

The GOP would like to convince the country that, despite a total failure to find any meaningful fraud at all, Trump’s fraud lies are just politics as usual. That’s gaslighting, and I’m guessing it’s going to be a meaningful contributor to yet another electoral underperformance in November.

They aren’t happy because she was a significant promoter of the single biggest and most destructive lie in our political history and she is entirely unrepentant.

She was lying, she knew she was lying, and she made a conscious decision to “take one for the team” in pursuit of money and power.

The GOP would like to convince the country that, despite a total failure to find any meaningful fraud at all, Trump’s fraud lies are just politics as usual. That’s gaslighting, and I’m guessing it’s going to be a meaningful contributor to yet another electoral underperformance in November.
So if Trump wins Georgia by 125,000 to 150,000 votes in 2024 with the change in absentee voting regulations; specifically ID verification for absentee voting just as F2F, does that make some of Trump’s “fraud lies” as you say move to the well he might have had a point category? For record, I thought he and many of his supporters went over the top with their claims but felt there was most likely real ballot fraud in Fulton, Pittsburgh, Detroit and a few other places. @ willdup made a fair point in saying it could only move needle so much without being detected or exposed. Some republicans pollsters think it swung Georgia by 125K votes, pollsters that have some credibility. If GA’s race is razor thin in 2024, I’ll move my way of thinking but if Trump wins Georgia by 125K or more and Biden wins Pennsylvania and Michigan then we all might take these fraud claims much more seriously. With the millions of $$$ poured into some of these swing states I think the chance of significant fraud should not be so systematically dismissed.

So if Trump wins Georgia by 125,000 to 150,000 votes in 2024 with the change in absentee voting regulations; specifically ID verification for absentee voting just as F2F, does that make some of Trump’s “fraud lies” as you say move to the well he might have had a point category? For record, I thought he and many of his supporters went over the top with their claims but felt there was most likely real ballot fraud in Fulton, Pittsburgh, Detroit and a few other places. @ willdup made a fair point in saying it could only move needle so much without being detected or exposed. Some republicans pollsters think it swung Georgia by 125K votes, pollsters that have some credibility. If GA’s race is razor thin in 2024, I’ll move my way of thinking but if Trump wins Georgia by 125K or more and Biden wins Pennsylvania and Michigan then we all might take these fraud claims much more seriously. With the millions of $$$ poured into some of these swing states I think the chance of significant fraud should not be so systematically dismissed.
I’m trying to make sure I understand the scenario here.

Are you suggesting that a veritable army of Dem foot soldiers may have collected and cast many tens of thousands of fraudulent votes in multiple states and the only way this could be detected is by inferring fraud through vote composition changes between 2020 and 2024 in different states?

There wasn’t a single disgruntled or scared participant who blew the whistle on this large scale and illegal operation during the multitude of investigations?

There isn’t anyone credible who is still asserting there was massive fraud in 2020. It’s literally down to proven liars like Dinesh D’Souza and True the Vote, who promised they had proof of fraud, wouldn’t hand it over to the proper authorities in GA so it could be investigated, were sued by those same authorities, and when they lost the court case and were compelled to produce this “proof”, had to admit that their promised proof didn’t exist.

This has happened over and over again since the last election, particularly when court and threats of perjury are in play.

From my perspective, I don't see trump's tent getting any bigger than it was in 2020. I actually see it shrinking.

November will be interesting. Whoever wins Georgia does not do so by winning over new voters, they did so by not pissing off the most voters. I think alot of folks sit out this year as they don't want to watch the sequel, which some will say "see! the new laws worked and 2020 was a sham!". I think turnout might actually be lower than 2022. But that's just me...

There is a whole new generation of voters that have come online since 2020 and 2022. I think they will make their voices heard. Will be interesting to see the splits on how they vote.

They aren't happy bc she's associated with Trump. She didn't buy into the Russia hoax and she doesn't have TDS. No other reason.

I’m trying to make sure I understand the scenario here.

Are you suggesting that a veritable army of Dem foot soldiers may have collected and cast many tens of thousands of fraudulent votes in multiple states and the only way this could be detected is by inferring fraud through vote composition changes between 2020 and 2024 in different states?

There wasn’t a single disgruntled or scared participant who blew the whistle on this large scale and illegal operation during the multitude of investigations?

There isn’t anyone credible who is still asserting there was massive fraud in 2020. It’s literally down to proven liars like Dinesh D’Souza and True the Vote, who promised they had proof of fraud, wouldn’t hand it over to the proper authorities in GA so it could be investigated, were sued by those same authorities, and when they lost the court case and were compelled to produce this “proof”, had to admit that their promised proof didn’t exist.

This has happened over and over again since the last election, particularly when court and threats of perjury are in play.

Just to make a few general comments as food for thought:

Recounts and audits are NOT the same thing. The only AUDIT that occurred was in Cobb County which had the most sophisticated signature verification software in the state. Don't think anyone expect any change in results there. We were told something similar would occur in Fulton County, it never did. If a signature audit would have been done in Fulton County for 2020, i think one side or the other could have rested their case.

The PEW Institute, before they shut down their commentary on the 2020 election said that statistically speaking they got results from some swing precincts in Pennsylvania and Michigan that were UNEXPLANABLE as compared to similar demographic precincts in other states. I heard that verbatim from one of their analyst on a talk show the week following the election. Two weeks later, they shut down all public comment from their analysts

Several Republican Strategist and pollsters that cover Georgia, publically said the same thing. Their analyst precinct by precinct were severally skewed when you compared Fulton County in 2016, 2020 and 2022. 2022 reverted back to the 2016 and 2018 trends VS the 2020 results. i also heard this from (Towery is the Georgia pollster) on a national radio broadcast. Something very similar was relayed to me from a local Republican politican from a different source.

Some of The Trump defense in the Fulton County trail will be made from a statistician that will say that some of the results from the 2020 election in certain precincts in Fulton County are outside from the standard deviation from his / her analysis.

I don't discount you comments concerning the magnitude of absentee voting harvesting and / or fraud that would have to occur to move the needle by 50,000 or so votes in some of the swing states.. Seems illogical to me as well. But states continuing to allow absentee voting without any real verification (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin) makes me pause and consider what might could occur AND why the reluctance to make any changes.

Lets see what vote swings occur in Georgia in 2024 in Fulton County and Georgia as a whole for Biden and Trump. Will it be an apple to apple comparison for 2020 to 2024, absolutely not, but Georgia is the only swing state that made significant law changes on absentee voting over the last few years. As Kemp said to promote the change in voting law, lets continue to make it easy to vote but almost impossible to cheat, I'm not convinced that is the case across many of these swing states.

My prediction today is Trump wins Georgia by 100K or more votes and wins Az and Nevada but loses Michigan, Penn and Wisconsin. Trump loses the 2024 election based on absentee voting in those 3 swing states.
I hope that does not occur, i prefer one of the candidates wins significantly but don't think that will be the case. I have a low opinion of both of them.

From my perspective, I don't see trump's tent getting any bigger than it was in 2020. I actually see it shrinking.

November will be interesting. Whoever wins Georgia does not do so by winning over new voters, they did so by not pissing off the most voters. I think alot of folks sit out this year as they don't want to watch the sequel, which some will say "see! the new laws worked and 2020 was a sham!". I think turnout might actually be lower than 2022. But that's just me...

There is a whole new generation of voters that have come online since 2020 and 2022. I think they will make their voices heard. Will be interesting to see the splits on how they vote.
"From my perspective, I don't see trump's tent getting any bigger than it was in 2020. I actually see it shrinking."

Absolutly no disagreement there. i also don't think the magnitude of minority or independent voters are going to go out of their way to vote for Biden in 2024, he has been a disaster and there is little if anyone that truely disagrees with that assertion. i think Biden will lose more votes in Georgia than Trump will. I think the "new voters" that have come on line will be insignificant in this election in Georgia based on the quality of candidates they have to chose. The absentee votes will not be there in 2024 in Georgia to put Biden over the top as it was in 2020. In other states i think it will be.

She carried trump's election denial water....you don't get a pass for that. She should just go work for fox or newsmax.All
All of man says what they’re paid to say. And they are all yes people. No way that many people can all come up with the exact same talking points on a daily basis. There is never any real debate or discussion. You’re either on board or you’re not welcome.

Exploring legal options? Sure. Doesn't mean she will sue. And if she does, what are the damages? Uphill battle...
But it means she didn't say it was my fault and did in fact call her attorney. So, in a matter of a couple of days when she did nothing but fulfill the terms of her agreement, she was unceremoniously dumped by NBC and her agent. I see a settlement in her future.

come on man, she is the walking talking personification of TDS

she literally dropped her name in order to not trigger Trump re: Romney

THAT is deranged.
Not sure of your point, but you and the other posters who support the meltdown of the NBC staffers are the very definition of entitled wusses. You sound exactly like the pussified college kids who demand safe spaces. The editorial portion of a news channel is by definition supposed to be neutral to the point where viewers decide after hearing both sides. Even Fox does this. But that's not what college kids can handle anymore and it's not what the new Left believes either.

I'm still not convinced Trump can win, but it's looking more and more likely as your side looks and acts more and more deranged.

Reactions: doerunn
come on man, she is the walking talking personification of TDS

she literally dropped her name in order to not trigger Trump re: Romney

THAT is deranged.
Critics said McDaniel took her deference to Trump too far when she reportedly stopped using the name Romney at his suggestion. McDaniel said that’s a “false story,” as she hasn’t changed her name.

“He joked about it with my husband,” McDaniel said of Trump. “And my husband was like, ‘Hey, it’s nice to not have my name forgotten.’ My husband was thrilled about it, and the president knows that I emphasize the McDaniel more.”

She added: “The president and I have disagreed about things. We have robust discussions. We have a great relationship. But there’s no person on the planet who would tell me, ‘Change your name’ — even the president of the United States — and I would say, ‘OK.’ ”

McDaniel did stop using Romney professionally when she got to the RNC, in part because as Michigan chair, people often dropped the “McDaniel” when introducing her, she said.

-- Melissa Nann Burke, Detroit News Washington Bureau, 02/06/2018

Not sure of your point, but you and the other posters who support the meltdown of the NBC staffers are the very definition of entitled wusses. You sound exactly like the pussified college kids who demand safe spaces. The editorial portion of a news channel is by definition supposed to be neutral to the point where viewers decide after hearing both sides. Even Fox does this. But that's not what college kids can handle anymore and it's not what the new Left believes either.

I'm still not convinced Trump can win, but it's looking more and more likely as your side looks and acts more and more deranged.
keep telling yourself this.

Reactions: jlstone412
Critics said McDaniel took her deference to Trump too far when she reportedly stopped using the name Romney at his suggestion. McDaniel said that’s a “false story,” as she hasn’t changed her name.

“He joked about it with my husband,” McDaniel said of Trump. “And my husband was like, ‘Hey, it’s nice to not have my name forgotten.’ My husband was thrilled about it, and the president knows that I emphasize the McDaniel more.”

She added: “The president and I have disagreed about things. We have robust discussions. We have a great relationship. But there’s no person on the planet who would tell me, ‘Change your name’ — even the president of the United States — and I would say, ‘OK.’ ”

McDaniel did stop using Romney professionally when she got to the RNC, in part because as Michigan chair, people often dropped the “McDaniel” when introducing her, she said.

-- Melissa Nann Burke, Detroit News Washington Bureau, 02/06/2018
sure, take her word for it.

Reactions: jlstone412
sure, take her word for it.
Ronna McDaniel/Chuck Todd's word for it? Hummmm, I'll take neither.

I'm no fan of Ronna McDaniel and not sure how she ended up as the top spot at the RNC but if your mission is to report on politics, it would seem a former chair of the RNC just might be able to give your viewers some pertinent information. Hell, I might even tune in to DNCNBC if they had a segment with Psaki and RM debating immigration, budgeting and foreign policy but NBC couldn't stand the idea of a moderate pub on their air because of the orange man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT