ADVERTISEMENT

Trans adults should be banned from school property immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in that case, christianist bigots, too
If a Christian follows God’s Word, how can a Christian be a bigot?

So are you saying the creator of the universe is a bigot in regards to His own creation? Interesting.

I cannot tell God what He meant, no matter my feelings. He loves His creation. The sin of man he hates. Sin is not man, but is inherent in every man.

So should I be a liar or be true to God’s Word? Help me out here. Feelings don’t matter. Sin matters as it separates us from God. He does not desire to be separated from us, but He loves us. The consequence is on us.

The problem could be solved or greatly diminished if our schools had armed teachers. Many teachers would elect to be trained with a firearm , others wouldn’t . These spineless , evil creatures that would try to shoot at school children & teachers will not go to schools that have signs posted ,stating that their faculty are armed.

The problem could be solved or greatly diminished if our schools had armed teachers. Many teachers would elect to be trained with a firearm , others wouldn’t . These spineless , evil creatures that would try to shoot at school children & teachers will not go to schools that have signs posted ,stating that their faculty are armed.
We had 7 concealed at one point at our school. All schools should.

No, wait, we should ban guns in schools. That would solve the problem.
Point to ponder: Over 90% of mass shootings occur in "gun free zones."

FsVzpqQWcAAu3Hj

Most public schools should have campus police that carry guns. So there are armed security there for the most part.
I agree that they should have, but this is far from universal. In the past couple of years especially, shrinking police budgets and staffing, as well as the actions of some school boards, have forced resource officers out of many schools. In some places, the resource officers are now unarmed and must call for armed backup if there is a need.

In my own area, I have seen the school systems go from full time dedicated resource officers on school campuses just a few years ago, to part time, then to on-call only.

Last edited:
Not sure about that….got a daughter that teaches, if she was faced off with a shooter I’m afraid she would hesitate and get her azz shot or killed. She has no business carrying a gun because of who she is.

Me, I’d put a cap in dat azz without any second thoughts & go have a few beers and a steak later.

All teachers don’t have the mental makeup to be carrying….as in all people don’t.

Doors locked and armed security would be a better solution to me imo.

Last edited:
Not sure about that….got a daughter that teaches, if she was faced off with a shooter I’m afraid she would hesitate and get her azz shot or killed. She has no business carrying a gun because of who she is.

Me, I’d put a cap in their azz without any second thoughts and go have a few beers and a steak later.

All teachers don’t have the mental makeup to be carrying….as in all people don’t. Those that do, I agree.

Doors locked and armed security would be a better solution to me than imo.
He didn’t say all teachers. There are plenty like you who could be armed. In addition, in your first example I would ask you this…do you think she would be spared from a shooter like this if she was unarmed? That doesn’t seem to be how these things go. Therefore wouldn’t you think it would be better for her to be armed with a firearm and training than just relying on the mercy of an insane person? Something to ponder.
You are correct on doors. Most schools have gone to locked steel doors. As you can see from the video, this school had glass doors which is not good. There are various steps that can be taken to harden these targets and we should focus on that first and foremost.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
He didn’t say all teachers. There are plenty like you who could be armed. In addition, in your first example I would ask you this…do you think she would be spared from a shooter like this if she was unarmed? That doesn’t seem to be how these things go. Therefore wouldn’t you think it would be better for her to be armed with a firearm and training than just relying on the mercy of an insane person? Something to ponder.
You are correct on doors. Most schools have gone to locked steel doors. As you can see from the video, this school had glass doors which is not good. There are various steps that can be taken to harden these targets and we should focus on that first and foremost.
1) “He didn’t say all teachers”……originally addressed: “All teachers don’t have the mental makeup to be carrying”

2) “you think it would be better for her to be armed”?….no, as already stated above….. her chances to live or die are better without a gun than with.

Last edited:
Reactions: nice marmot

Me, I’d put a cap in their azz without any second thoughts and go have a few beers and a steak later.

All teachers don’t have the mental makeup to be carrying….as in all people don’t. Those that do, I agree.

Spot on IMO......I have a daughter that teaches as well. I know exactly what you mean.

Spot on IMO......I have a daughter that teaches as well. I know exactly what you mean.

My wife is a teacher. My mother is a retired teacher. My mother is law is retired teacher. None of them would be comfortable with a gun, in an active shooter scenario. So I don't agree with the idea of arming teachers in general. What I do agree with....and they do as well....

Having one person per hall (or whatever) designated, armed, and trained for these situations.

They already do something very similar, for situations where a student needs to be physically restrained. My wife was the one on her grade level for years. If there was a situation that required physical restraint, she was called to do it.

Seems like this could be done with firearms. Designated people with weapons secured in designated places.

Not perfect, I'll admit. But better than having no one.........or 1 resource officer to cover a whole school.

if they start requiring teachers to carry weapons......or even give them the option, I will be the first to advise her to move on. It would make the problem worse.

Hell, who knows...they cross that bridge, they may start allowing students to carry.

There are many reasons why most all major corporations (retail) do not allow employees to carry.....most of this applies to teachers too imo.

Lock all doors & use armed security (entrance), make it mandatory. Will it completely stop it??.....probably not, but it will certainly deter it

Last edited:
People have to keep in mind, individuals who are willing to do these types of crimes know odds are this is a "one way trip". So armed teachers don't really provide any deterrence to these crimes. At best you're hoping one of the armed teachers is good enough to stop the active shooter before they kill "too many" kids. That's not an acceptable COA in my opinion. Maybe in conjunction with other measures but definition should not be the only measure that needs to be put into place. We need measures that attack these crimes "left of boom" or before they happen not afterwards.

People have to keep in mind, individuals who are willing to do these types of crimes know odds are this is a "one way trip". So armed teachers don't really provide any deterrence to these crimes. At best you're hoping one of the armed teachers is good enough to stop the active shooter before they kill "too many" kids. That's not an acceptable COA in my opinion. Maybe in conjunction with other measures but definition should not be the only measure that needs to be put into place. We need measures that attack these crimes "left of boom" or before they happen not afterwards.
or stop them before they kill any kid
mos def need multiple armed folks in schools

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

well if she had a gun she would at least have a chance to do something .
without one everyone is dead

if they start requiring teachers to carry weapons......or even give them the option, I will be the first to advise her to move on. It would make the problem worse.
No one ever has suggested "requiring" teachers to carry weapons.

We don't have to guess or speculate on whether it would make things worse, we can just look to Utah where they have allowed anyone with a CCW to carry on school campuses for many years. That's teachers, admin and even parents. There is no record of any issue with a teacher shooting kids....or whatever your concern is.

Hypothetical…….I know her, she’s better off without one, not her job….or any of their jobs for that matter.

Up to others to protect her, her job is to teach….not come to school armed.

See response to Mitchelldawg.
in a perfect world yes

We don't have to guess or speculate on whether it would make things worse, we can just look to Utah where they have allowed anyone with a CCW to carry on school campuses for many years. That's teachers, admin and even parents. There is no record of any issue with a teacher shooting kids....or whatever your concern is.
some will argue just to argue
having multiple people armed to protect kids is what we need

Okay….never said anyone did, but I will spell it out 4 you.

If they required or even made it optional for teachers to carry….I would advise her to move on.

My “concern”??…… that should be obvious to you, my concern is my kid working in that type of environment.

Again, the best solution to me is to keep all doors/entry points locked, including classrooms….and have armed security.

My opinion shouldn’t affect or concern you….so do yourself a favor and not let it.

Last edited:
1) if a teacher is coming face to face with a shooter….they already have the drop on you, going for your weapon pretty much insures your fate.

I like the odds of someone talking them down better.

2) Crossfire is another consideration, additional innocents possibly being wounded or even worse….killed, if teachers armed.

3) some teachers that are armed, don’t have the experience as a trained retired police officer may have.

They may mistake an innocent person for a shooter and fire….shat happens. Innocents other than intended victim could be also be killed/injured.

4) Some just don’t have the mental makeup for all of this. Pretty sure you just make the problem worse.

As I earlier stated, if you start allowing teachers to arm …..what’s next, students??

No feasible solution will completely stop it, but I think teachers being armed will make it worse.

Again as stated before:

1) Lock all doors/entrances including classroom when school is in.

2) Hire armed security at the main entrance and possibly hallways.

Nothing is guaranteed, but it will curb most of it imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT