ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Travel baseball fundraising advice needed.

Cayle16

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
I coach my kids 9u travel baseball team and need some advice/suggestions on fundraising. I laughed at the notion of having to play travel baseball at such a young age until I saw how pitiful the local recreation departments were. We put together a local team and started playing last summer and hosted a tournament, had a raffle and did sponsorships with good luck.

This spring we made the jump to 8u kid pitch when 95 percent of the teams our age are still in coach pitch. We had really good success as our goal was to find the places where the competition would be good enough to make us fight to be .500. We weren’t looking for easy rings. It was the best move for our team and we really put ourselves on the map to be a small locally built team, but with the jump to kid pitch meant much higher tournament fees.

I hate fundraising. I hate it with a passion but the reality is the only way we can keep this team together is by grinding it out in the fundraising trail. We have players that come from very difficult situations and their only path to continue to play is unfortunately to raise funds.

We have done raffles (actually doing one now) hosted a tournament, football boards, sponsorships, and calendars with great success last year but it seems ALOT of the interest in those has dried up. We also do not have the option to host the tournament due to new liability rules at the local parks. The tournament was our biggest money maker last year.

I posted last year for ideas and took some of those suggestions and I greatly appreciate it. If anyone has any new, creative ideas please share.

Thank you all in advance!
Go Dawgs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.