ADVERTISEMENT

Trump connects to working class Joe’s…

DawgWCK

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2001

I filled up @ Sam’s today and the attendant had a Trump cap and pointed to it and smiled. I smiled back and SMH. It’s really amazing, his core are mostly solid hard working folks who I like being around, I don’t understand the reverence or connection but good gravy it’s there.

I think the connection is obvious. There is a sizeable majority of Pub base voters that have been getting played by the statist that have controlled the party since Bush 1. This base doesn't understand why we can't enact sensible immigration policy. Why our fed gov spends 20K per yr per person in the U.S. and we had pols that wouldn't demand that our allies pay their contractually obligated amount for their own defense and they give away the taxpayer's treasure like it's an unending supply of treasure created for their folly. Why we kept allowing ourselves to become more and more dependent on China's manufacturing and hostage to ME energy and on and on.

So, while Jeb was speaking Spanish at his rallies and promising the same Dem lite policies that have lead us down the road to financial collapse, Trump was promising to curb regulations and free trade into our markets for those that didn't reciprocate. While Trump's predecessor was fully involved with hands up, don't shoot and if I had a son, Trump was preaching back the blue as well as sentencing reforms that gave deserving inmates a another shot. And when Trump actually accomplished a campaign promise of repealing the clusterboink ACA, it was Pubs that had also promised to repeal that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Trump still enjoys over 50% of Pub support because he has consistently taken policy positions (basically identical to the Tea Party platform) and then fought for those objectives. Yeah, most people hate his bluster and negotiating tactics but for a small business owner like me, I can look past bad manners if the politician is working for policies I support instead of promising to support those policies and jumping right back in the cesspool as soon as the votes have been counted. The sooner the Pub brass figures out WHY Trump has a loyal base and that the days of business as usual are over, the sooner we can move on from Trump but until then, Trump is going to carry a majority of the party.

Last edited:

I filled up @ Sam’s today and the attendant had a Trump cap and pointed to it and smiled. I smiled back and SMH. It’s really amazing, his core are mostly solid hard working folks who I like being around, I don’t understand the reverence or connection but good gravy it’s there.
It's easy, those Americans who have reverence for the best traditions that make our country so great to begin with will ALWAYS identify with him.

The "Us vs Them" debates perpetuated en masse is just Kabuki Theater and one MUST drill much deeper to understand the dynamics of what's happening in our society. It gets much easier to understand when you can at least make an intelligent effort to connect to all the dots, particularly with regards to who wants him to succeed and those who want him to fail.

Trump has endured one witch-hunt after another since 2015 at the behest of the Democratic Party? Why? Because they are just following orders...

Follow the the money, I'm talking about the BIG MONEY and who stands to lose and who stands to gain...

When an a "America First" President like Trump stands between the filthy rich donor classes and other financial speculators and their abilities to maximize their financial gains and pad their net worth, that a serious problem, especially if it empowers the working/middle classes.

Follow the money. Forget about the names of politicians and their "R" or "D" affiliations and connect the dots..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT