ADVERTISEMENT

Trump: If Kamala (mispronounced....again) will lie to you so brazenly about Joe Biden's mental capacity, she will lie to you about anything.

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
She can never, ever be trusted.

Trump lies since Kamala Harris became the front runner on the Republican ticket. Not all, but a decent collection.

In his press conference from Mar-a-Lago

"We're substantially leading in the polls"- Polls at the time he said this showed and continue to show a tight race. It's arguable you could even say Trump had a substantial lead over Biden.

"I'm leading fairly big in swing states. In some polls, I'm leading very big."- Polling shows he's behind in some swings states and has marginal leads in others. Unless the word "big" has no meaning, all of this is a lie.

"She was the first one defeated" speaking of the 2020 Democratic race for nomination - Ten others had dropped out before Harris did.

“And I'm no Biden fan, but I'll tell you what, from a constitutional standpoint, from any standpoint you're looking at, they took the presidency away. … And they took it away.” - Two things here. He means the nomination not the presidency as Biden is still POTUS. The Constitution says nothing about how parties choose their president. Harris was chosen according to the Democrat party rules.

"They said they're going to use the 25th amendment" - The 25th amendment would be used if Biden's cabinet members felt he was unfit to be POTUS, and congress then voted to remove him from the office. It is not used to take him out of running for POTUS. This has never been something a Democrat has raised that I can find. A few Republicans brought it up, but not Democrats. They were bringing it up in terms of removing Biden from office. Again, it has nothing to do with preventing a candidate from running.

“She couldn't pass her bar exam.”- Harris passed her bar exam on the second try. California has a very hard bar exam. Each state's state portion of the exam is different and less than half pass it on the first try in California. She did pass it on the second try. Those trying to pass on the second try have less than a fifty percent success rate.

“I know Josh Shapiro. He's a terrible guy. And he's not very popular with anybody.” - Shapiro, like Kemp in Georgia, has an approval rating of over 60% in his state of Pennsylvania. This would mean he has people from across the aisle that approve of his leadership.

“What did she have yesterday? 2,000 people? If I ever had 2,000 people, you'd say my campaign is finished. It's so dishonest"- Harris has had ten thousand or more at every rally she had held to that point.

"You wouldn't have had Oct. 7th of Israel (if I were still POTUS)"- This is pure speculation just as it is with saying Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine. But unlike Ukraine (where Putin would have been less worried about NATO expansion under Trump), Hamas had no reason to think Trump would do anything different than Biden that would've made them think twice about striking Israel. Trump's policies actually infuriated Hamas and Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank even more than most POTUS by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The former US POTUS that were the most ardent supporters of Israel never did this. The original boundaries, which Israel accepted when forming their state, only included a portion of Jerusalem but not all. They occupied East Jerusalem (supposed to be Palestinian land) after the 1967 6 Day War. In 1980 they proclaimed the whole of Jerusalem as their capital city. But the US along with everyone else in the world only recognized Tel Aviv as capital. Trump changed this in 2017.

“The weight of a car, the weight of a truck, they want all trucks to be electric. Little things that a lot of people don't talk about. The weight of a truck is two-and-a-half times, two-and-a- half times heavier.” - A battery for a truck would increase the weight by 30%, not 250%. I currently live in a country where electric cars are quite popular and electric buses for public transportation are becoming more popular. There seems to be little problem with the transition.

“We're leading in Georgia by a lot. We're leading in Pennsylvania by a lot.”- even using the most broad definition you can find for "a lot" and using the most Republican friendly polls you can find, this just isn't factually true. Trump has never had a substantial lead in Pennsylvania ever. He won PA over Clinton by less than 1 percentage point. He lost PA to Biden by 1.2 percentage points.

“So I won Alabama by a record. Nobody's ever gotten that many votes. I won South Carolina by a record. You don't win Alabama and South Carolina by records and lose Georgia. It doesn't happen.”- Well obviously it did. Georgia is less white than Alabama and S. Carolina. Georgia is younger than S. Carolina and Alabama. Non white voters are more likely to vote Democrat. Younger voters are more likely to vote Democrat.

“Of course there'll be a peaceful transfer. And there was last time.” - Do we really need to go over this one? I still say gaslighting is not really a term that should be used for media or politician lies, but this would be about as close as it gets in terms of someone trying to get you to deny what you actually see happening. Still, it's not personal enough to actually be gaslighting.

"Nobody was killed on Jan. 6th"- Ashley Babbitt was killed. An officer died of a stroke a day later. Not uncommon for middle aged and older people involved in stressful situations to have heart attacks or strokes a few day after the stressful event. A cop lost an eye, several others have injuries they will deal with for the rest of their lives and several have committed suicide since the event which their loved ones think was influenced by the assault on the Capitol.

“And, you know, it's very interesting, the biggest crowd I've ever spoken to. … The biggest crowd I've ever spoken before was that day (Jan. 6th)."- The biggest crowd Trump has ever spoken to was at his inauguration. And even the truth of that crowd's numbers wasn't big enough for him. Had to lie about that one as well.

“If you look at Martin Luther King, when he did his speech, his great speech, and you look at ours, same real estate, same, everything, same number of people. If not, we had more. …You look at the picture of his crowd, my crowd, uh, we actually had more people.” - MLK's audience was five times as big as Donald Trump's Jan. 6th rally.

“We have a Constitution. It's a very important document, and we live by it. She has no votes.” - There is nothing in the Constitution about how a party goes about choosing their candidate.

“As you know, and I think it's when I look for 52 years, they wanted to bring abortion back to the states. They wanted to get rid of Roe v. Wade and that's Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, and everybody. Liberals, conservatives, everybody wanted it back in the states. And I did that.” - One of the most divisive Supreme Court rulings, both when it was ruled the constitution protected women's right to choose and when it was ruled that the constitution did not. It may literally be the most divisive issue in American politics and he says everyone wanted Roe V. Wade gone. You can't make it up.
“I think that abortion has become much less of an issue. It's a very small.” - He lives in an alternate reality.

“Previous to [Virginia Gov.] Glenn [Youngkin], the governor, he said the baby will be born, we will put the baby aside, and we will decide with the mother what we're going to do. In other words, whether or not we're going to kill the baby.” - A lie in two different ways. This is not the VA governor who said this. And this misses some very key context. VA governor Ralph Northam had his quotes taken out of context. He was talking about a third trimester abortion performed when a fetus isn't viable or so severely deformed life wouldn't be possible for very long. At this point, ignoring this is intentional and nothing more than riling the base up with a lie.

“She wants to take away everyone's gun.” - She wants a ban on assault weapons. That's not all guns.

“She's been very, very bad to Israel, and she's been very bad and disrespectful to Jewish people.” - Trump offers not one shred of proof here. Harris is married to a Jew. Has hosted and celebrated Jewish holidays in her house. He has tried to say she will try to block Israel from obtaining and using US weapons. But there is no proof of her ever saying this and the Biden administration has posted several times that she supports Israel and their right to defend their country.

“Well, I know Willie Brown very well. In fact, I went down in a helicopter with him. We thought maybe this is the end. We were in a helicopter going to a certain location together and there was an emergency landing.” - According to Brown, he's never been in a helicopter with Trump. Trump was in a helicopter with another Black man who looks nothing like Brown and they had to do an emergency landing.

“This was not a pleasant landing, and Willie was— he was a little concerned. So I know him. I know him pretty well. I mean, I haven't seen him in years. But he told me terrible things about her.”
“He was not a fan of hers very much at that point.”
- Brown also denies ever discussing Harris in a negative way with Trump and supports her candidacy for POTUS. It is unlikely that Holden would've said anything about Harris (as if Trump is just mistaking the two men) as he was a city councilman in LA at the time. Harris had just accepted an assistant DA job in the SF Bay area when the helicopter flight took place.

“Our tax cuts, which are the biggest in history… .”- Trump's 2017 tax cuts, as a share of the economy, would barely make the top ten all-time.

“The polls have suggested, there are some polls that say we're going to win in a landslide.” - This was not even true the weeks between Biden's terrible debate performance and Harris' becoming the front person on the ticket. Not one poll has suggested such.

“...they're paying 50, 60, 70 percent more for food than they did just a couple of years ago.” - Not true. Consumer Price Index says grocery prices have gone up 25% since before COVID and 21% since Biden became POTUS. Wages have gone up 17% since Biden took office. Bad? Yes, but greatly exaggerated by Trump.

The Strategic National Reserve is “virtually empty now. We've never had it this low.”
“He's sucked all of the oil out. Essentially the gasoline to keep the, to keep the price down a little bit. … But you know what? We have no strategic national reserves now. He's emptied it. It's almost empty. It's never been this low.”
- Another lie. The reserve has more than half of the barrels it had at its highest point in history under the Obama administration. Quick fact: Since the oil reserve was started under Jimmy Carter, the only Republican to leave less oil in the reserve than what was there when they came into office? That's right. Donald J. Trump.

"I see her going way down on the polls now.” - Harris was gaining then and still gaining now.

“A lot of the MAGA, as they call them, but the base. And I think the base is, I think the base is 75% of the country, far beyond the Republican Party.” - Trump has never gotten 47% of the popular vote. Romney got more than 47%. Gore got more than 47% both in losing efforts. Trump needs to do a better job of getting his base out to vote and getting them to read ballots properly it seems.

“They're either really stupid, and I don't believe they're stupid, because anybody that can cheat in elections like they cheat is not stupid.” - More than 60 cases were brought by Trump and his team claiming voter fraud. Almost all were lost due to lack of evidence. His own DOJ investigated and found nothing, at least nothing that would come close to overturning the election.

At NABJ conference: “She was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black and now, she wants to be known as Black,” Trump said. “So I don’t know, is she Indian or is she Black?”- Harris has always identified as Black while acknowledging her Indian heritage well. She went to a historically black university. There is no evidence of her ever denying she's Black.

On his social media this past weekend “Has anyone noticed that Kamala CHEATED at the airport? There was nobody at the plane, and she ‘A.I.’d’ it, and showed a massive ‘crowd’ of so-called followers, BUT THEY DIDN’T EXIST!.” - This has been proven false countless times. Fox was covering the event live and the crowd was in their camera shots. Sad really.

Last edited:
Kamala said she had a chicken biscuit for breakfast when it was in fact sausage.

Btw is Biden still running circles around her haven’t heard her asked a question in a few weeks
Yeah, it just does you no good because your guy lies.

Two things and it's so simple:

1. Border

2. Inflation

Everything else is either a lose or at best, a break even. And though he doesn't need to, he will lie about those things as well.

Honestly I stopped when you accused a stroke of murdering someone…. Military personnel, in a stressful situation.
I didn't accuse anyone of murder. You might want to read again.

Trump lies since Kamala Harris became the front runner on the Republican ticket. Not all, but a decent collection.

"We're substantially leading in the polls"- Polls at the time he said this showed and continue to show a tight race. It's arguable you could even say Trump had a substantial lead over Biden.

"I'm leading fairly big in swing states. In some polls, I'm leading very big."- Polling shows he's behind in some swings states and has marginal leads in others. Unless the word "big" has no meaning, all of this is a lie.

"She was the first one defeated" speaking of the 2020 Democratic race for nomination - Ten others had dropped out before Harris did.

“And I'm no Biden fan, but I'll tell you what, from a constitutional standpoint, from any standpoint you're looking at, they took the presidency away. … And they took it away.” - Two things here. He means the nomination not the presidency as Biden is still POTUS. The Constitution says nothing about how parties choose their president. Harris was chosen according to the Democrat party rules.

"They said they're going to use the 25th amendment" - The 25th amendment would be used if Biden's cabinet members felt he was unfit to be POTUS, and congress then voted to remove him from the office. It is not used to take him out of running for POTUS. This has never been something a Democrat has raised that I can find. A few Republicans brought it up, but not Democrats. They were bringing it up in terms of removing Biden from office. Again, it has nothing to do with preventing a candidate from running.

“She couldn't pass her bar exam.”- Harris passed her bar exam on the second try. California has a very hard bar exam. Each state's state portion of the exam is different and less than half pass it on the first try in California. She did pass it on the second try. Those trying to pass on the second try have less than a fifty percent success rate.

“I know Josh Shapiro. He's a terrible guy. And he's not very popular with anybody.” - Shapiro, like Kemp in Georgia, has an approval rating of over 60% in his state of Pennsylvania. This would mean he has people from across the aisle that approve of his leadership.

“What did she have yesterday? 2,000 people? If I ever had 2,000 people, you'd say my campaign is finished. It's so dishonest"- Harris has had ten thousand or more at every rally she had held to that point.

"You wouldn't have had Oct. 7th of Israel (if I were still POTUS)"- This is pure speculation just as it is with saying Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine. But unlike Ukraine (where Putin would have been less worried about NATO expansion under Trump), Hamas had no reason to think Trump would do anything different than Biden that would've made them think twice about striking Israel. Trump's policies actually infuriated Hamas and Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank even more than most POTUS by recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The former US POTUS that were the most ardent supporters of Israel never did this. The original boundaries, which Israel accepted when forming their state, only included a portion of Jerusalem but not all. They occupied East Jerusalem (supposed to be Palestinian land) after the 1967 6 Day War. In 1980 they proclaimed the whole of Jerusalem as their capital city. But the US along with everyone else in the world only recognized Tel Aviv as capital. Trump changed this in 2017.

“The weight of a car, the weight of a truck, they want all trucks to be electric. Little things that a lot of people don't talk about. The weight of a truck is two-and-a-half times, two-and-a- half times heavier.” - A battery for a truck would increase the weight by 30%, not 250%. I currently live in a country where electric cars are quite popular and electric buses for public transportation are becoming more popular. There seems to be little problem with the transition.

“We're leading in Georgia by a lot. We're leading in Pennsylvania by a lot.”- even using the most broad definition you can find for "a lot" and using the most Republican friendly polls you can find, this just isn't factually true. Trump has never had a substantial lead in Pennsylvania ever. He won PA over Clinton by less than 1 percentage point. He lost PA to Biden by 1.2 percentage points.

“So I won Alabama by a record. Nobody's ever gotten that many votes. I won South Carolina by a record. You don't win Alabama and South Carolina by records and lose Georgia. It doesn't happen.”- Well obviously it did. Georgia is less white than Alabama and S. Carolina. Georgia is younger than S. Carolina and Alabama. Non white voters are more likely to vote Democrat. Younger voters are more likely to vote Democrat.

“Of course there'll be a peaceful transfer. And there was last time.” - Do we really need to go over this one? I still say gaslighting is not really a term that should be used for media or politician lies, but this would be about as close as it gets in terms of someone trying to get you to deny what you actually see happening. Still, it's not personal enough to actually be gaslighting.

"Nobody was killed on Jan. 6th"- Ashley Babbitt was killed. An officer died of a stroke a day later. Not uncommon for middle aged and older people involved in stressful situations to have heart attacks or strokes a few day after the stressful event. A cop lost an eye, several others have injuries they will deal with for the rest of their lives and several have committed suicide since the event which their loved ones think was influenced by the assault on the Capitol.

“And, you know, it's very interesting, the biggest crowd I've ever spoken to. … The biggest crowd I've ever spoken before was that day (Jan. 6th)."- The biggest crowd Trump has ever spoken to was at his inauguration. And even the truth of that crowd's numbers wasn't big enough for him. Had to lie about that one as well.

“If you look at Martin Luther King, when he did his speech, his great speech, and you look at ours, same real estate, same, everything, same number of people. If not, we had more. …You look at the picture of his crowd, my crowd, uh, we actually had more people.” - MLK's audience was five times as big as Donald Trump's Jan. 6th rally.

“We have a Constitution. It's a very important document, and we live by it. She has no votes.” - There is nothing in the Constitution about how a party goes about choosing their candidate.

“As you know, and I think it's when I look for 52 years, they wanted to bring abortion back to the states. They wanted to get rid of Roe v. Wade and that's Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, and everybody. Liberals, conservatives, everybody wanted it back in the states. And I did that.” - One of the most divisive Supreme Court rulings, both when it was ruled the constitution protected women's right to choose and when it was ruled that the constitution did not. It may literally be the most divisive issue in American politics and he says everyone wanted Roe V. Wade gone. You can't make it up.
“I think that abortion has become much less of an issue. It's a very small.” - He lives in an alternate reality.

“Previous to [Virginia Gov.] Glenn [Youngkin], the governor, he said the baby will be born, we will put the baby aside, and we will decide with the mother what we're going to do. In other words, whether or not we're going to kill the baby.” - A lie in two different ways. This is not the VA governor who said this. And this misses some very key context. VA governor Ralph Northam had his quotes taken out of context. He was talking about a third trimester abortion performed when a fetus isn't viable or so severely deformed life wouldn't be possible for very long. At this point, ignoring this is intentional and nothing more than riling the base up with a lie.

“She wants to take away everyone's gun.” - She wants a ban on assault weapons. That's not all guns.

“She's been very, very bad to Israel, and she's been very bad and disrespectful to Jewish people.” - Trump offers not one shred of proof here. Harris is married to a Jew. Has hosted and celebrated Jewish holidays in her house. He has tried to say she will try to block Israel from obtaining and using US weapons. But there is no proof of her ever saying this and the Biden administration has posted several times that she supports Israel and their right to defend their country.

“Well, I know Willie Brown very well. In fact, I went down in a helicopter with him. We thought maybe this is the end. We were in a helicopter going to a certain location together and there was an emergency landing.” - According to Brown, he's never been in a helicopter with Trump. Trump was in a helicopter with another Black man who looks nothing like Brown and they had to do an emergency landing.

“This was not a pleasant landing, and Willie was— he was a little concerned. So I know him. I know him pretty well. I mean, I haven't seen him in years. But he told me terrible things about her.”
- Brown also denies ever discussing Harris in a negative way with Trump and supports her candidacy for POTUS. It is unlikely that Holden would've said anything about Harris (as if Trump is just mistaking the two men) as he was a city councilman in LA at the time. Harris had just accepted an assistant DA job in the SF Bay area when the helicopter flight took place.

“Our tax cuts, which are the biggest in history… .”- Trump's 2017 tax cuts, as a share of the economy, would barely make the top ten all-time.

“The polls have suggested, there are some polls that say we're going to win in a landslide.” - This was not even true the weeks between Biden's terrible debate performance and Harris' becoming the front person on the ticket. Not one poll has suggested such.

“...they're paying 50, 60, 70 percent more for food than they did just a couple of years ago.” - Not true. Consumer Price Index says grocery prices have gone up 25% since before COVID and 21% since Biden became POTUS. Wages have gone up 17% since Biden took office. Bad? Yes, but greatly exaggerated by Trump.

The Strategic National Reserve is “virtually empty now. We've never had it this low.”
“He's sucked all of the oil out. Essentially the gasoline to keep the, to keep the price down a little bit. … But you know what? We have no strategic national reserves now. He's emptied it. It's almost empty. It's never been this low.”
- Another lie. The reserve has more than half of the barrels it had at its highest point in history under the Obama administration. Quick fact: Since the oil reserve was started under Jimmy Carter, the only Republican to leave less oil in the reserve than what was there when they came into office? That's right. Donald J. Trump.

"I see her going way down on the polls now.” - Harris was gaining then and still gaining now.

“A lot of the MAGA, as they call them, but the base. And I think the base is, I think the base is 75% of the country, far beyond the Republican Party.” - Trump has never gotten 47% of the popular vote. Romney got more than 47%. Gore got more than 47% both in losing efforts. Trump needs to do a better job of getting his base out to vote and getting them to read ballots properly it seems.

“They're either really stupid, and I don't believe they're stupid, because anybody that can cheat in elections like they cheat is not stupid.” - More than 60 cases were brought by Trump and his team claiming voter fraud. Almost all were lost due to lack of evidence. His own DOJ investigated and found nothing, at least nothing that would come close to overturning the election.

At NABJ conference: “She was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn Black and now, she wants to be known as Black,” Trump said. “So I don’t know, is she Indian or is she Black?”- Harris has always identified as Black while acknowledging her Indian heritage well. She went to a historically black university. There is no evidence of her ever denying she's Black.

On his social media this past weekend “Has anyone noticed that Kamala CHEATED at the airport? There was nobody at the plane, and she ‘A.I.’d’ it, and showed a massive ‘crowd’ of so-called followers, BUT THEY DIDN’T EXIST!.” - This has been proven false countless times. Fox was covering the event live and the crowd was in their camera shots. Sad really.
So I take it you will be voting for Kamala to be the president and walz as the vp, correct?

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC

This one is bad even for you. I admit trump lies. But passing some of those off as lies is as disingenuous as what the media did after covering the first debate.

You realize the ads run by the Dems didn’t include one piece of truthful information. You act like this is abnormal these days. Never see you go after that with the same passion. Or even admit it.

Jean Pierre’s lied for 2 years about joes health. Lied for 2 years about a secure border. Anytime Peter doocey asked her a question a lie would follow. If she answered at all.

I will pick two. And debunk them. Willie brown would never lie. He carried on an affair when he was 60 with a 29 year old Harris. Got her where she is today. He still supports her. 🙄 Another. There have been polls that suggested he would win in a landslide. There have been some that say he may lose too. 🤦‍♂️ tds gone wild. A bonus. Taking automatic rifles is still taking people’s guns. He didn’t get specific. You did. Double bonus. Pretty much common knowledge now that Nancy treated Joe with the 25th amendment. And Kamala would have carried it out. Quite the coup. Dem journalists have been all over that one it is so bad.

Glad to see him do a q and a. All you require your candidate do is be able to read. That is quite the standard you hold there kckd

Last edited:
Too Long to Reply to all but will do a few.

1 and 2 - Certainly could be true, he should have the latest internal polls. I really have no idea who is winning and who is not. I don't trust many of the polls at this point as i think too many have an agenda in trying to get Harris's campaign up and going.
3 - Close enough, she dropped out before the voting started
4 - They forced Biden out, cut off his money and MAY have done more threatening or sweetening of the deal, unethical for sure (this may come out at some point, will be interesting)
5 - If Biden didn't drop out of the race they may have (about a 60% chance they would have) used the 25th amendment
6 - Normal Pass rate of California bar exam is 65% range for 1st time, so she is definitely not in elite company

I'll stop there, is there MUCH Hyperbole and embellishment in those comments for sure, but don't really have any issues with first 6 statements made. In fact, don't see much difference in what folks are throwing at him and Vance. CNN said he lied about Karmala being the Boarder Zsar, OK, if that is the standard then line Harris and Walz and hold them up to the same standard.

3 - Close enough, she dropped out before the voting started
If 10 others dropped out before her, that's not "close enough" to her being "the first one defeated". It's a lie. Plain and simple. Call the thing the thing. Stop giving trump a pass. If it was Biden or Harris saying the same thing some would want them burned at the stake.

Notable names that dropped out before Harris (7 people): swalwell, O'Rourke, insley, hickenlooper, Gillibrand, Tim Ryan, Bill de Blasio.

6 - Normal Pass rate of California bar exam is 65% range for 1st time, so she is definitely not in elite company
I know plenty of good attorneys, some Ivy league grads, who didn't pass the bar exam the first time. I know plenty of bad attorneys who passed the bar on their first try. Passing the bar is not a barometer of one's intelligence/elite status (as evidenced by some I know who went to ivy league law schools and failed the bar exam on try 1..one of which missed 1 question on the LSAT)

Taking automatic rifles is still taking people’s guns. He didn’t get specific. You did.

Trump got pretty specific in saying "She wants to take away everyone's gun"..."everyone" means "everyone". Can't get more specific than that.

I don't own any automatic weapons. She's not taking anything from me. So....no....she is not taking away "everyone's gun". It's a lie. Stop covering for trump.

Willie brown would never lie. He carried on an affair when he was 60 with a 29 year old Harris. Got her where she is today. He still supports her. 🙄
Since we are focused on the truth here. Wille Brown and his wife separated in 1981 and did not live together or reconcile at any point after that time.

Brown and Harris dated in the 1990's, more than a decade after Brown and his wife separated. They never attempted to hide their relationship because Brown was unattached. Calling that an affair is extremely disingenuous at best and a lie at worst.

Kind of like the photo of Montel William, Harris and Montel's daughter that you tried to pass off as some sort of kinky threesome.

If 10 others dropped out before her, that's not "close enough" to her being "the first one defeated". It's a lie. Plain and simple. Call the thing the thing. Stop giving trump a pass. If it was Biden or Harris saying the same thing some would want them burned at the stake.

Notable names that dropped out before Harris (7 people): swalwell, O'Rourke, insley, hickenlooper, Gillibrand, Tim Ryan, Bill de Blasio.

I know plenty of good attorneys, some Ivy league grads, who didn't pass the bar exam the first time. I know plenty of bad attorneys who passed the bar on their first try. Passing the bar is not a barometer of one's intelligence/elite status (as evidenced by some I know who went to ivy league law schools and failed the bar exam on try 1..one of which missed 1 question on the LSAT)

Trump got pretty specific in saying "She wants to take away everyone's gun"..."everyone" means "everyone". Can't get more specific than that.

I don't own any automatic weapons. She's not taking anything from me. So....no....she is not taking away "everyone's gun". It's a lie. Stop covering for trump.
Same thing. Play on words. Is trump taking the country backwards? Putting people in chains. Is he taking away your freedoms or your democracy. No.

Plus people that believe in gun rights know assault rifles would just be the beginning. This is why people fight so hard. Next is handguns. That is where the progressive left wants to go. That is a long standing principle. I know you are a middle grounder, but this is what you are putting into office.

There has to be gun regulation. No issue with that, but it is a slippery slope. Sorry it just is. You give a mouse a cookie. They are going to want some milk too.

Since we are focused on the truth here. Wille Brown and his wife separated in 1981 and did not live together or reconcile at any point after that time.

Brown and Harris dated in the 1990's, more than a decade after Brown and his wife separated. They never attempted to hide their relationship because Brown was unattached. Calling that an affair is extremely disingenuous at best and a lie at worst.

Kind of like the photo of Montel William, Harris and Montel's daughter that you tried to pass off as some sort of kinky threesome.

This is more of the story. That wasn’t public knowledge till recently about Willie’s estrangement. He was still married. Call it whatever you want. I understand it was known and it wasn’t someone breaking up a family. He was 60 she was 29. What he said above is all you need to know. Same with her relationship with Montel. My point is she isn’t someone of character. Never has been. And yes neither is Trump. That isn’t the way she is being painted by the msm. You know this.

I think it will be interesting to see how it plays with women. It is a risky strategy. But I know a ton of women that don’t care for someone rising to power how she made it happen. I don’t think it will fly over well with soccer mom’s they are competing over. We are going to find out.

Lord, they certainly used trumps romantic history against him every chance given.

Same thing. Play on words. Is trump taking the country backwards? Putting people in chains. Is he taking away your freedoms or your democracy. No.

In no way is it a play on words (or, more commonly known as, a "pun") when you blatantly lie. He straight up lied on 2 of those points. When he says "everyone" does he mean police officers and military personnel as well? Would they not be included in "everyone"? Does "first" mean number 11 for Trump? Does he have a different method of counting than rest of us? No....he lied. Call him out.

We have to stop covering for our preferred candidates and call balls and strikes equally. That goes for Harris/Biden/etc. If they are lying....call them out. I'm sick of people/media covering for trump ("that's just trump being trump"/"he doesn't really mean that"). It's exhausting.

There is a "we need to go back to the way things were" mentality from trump and the GOP (not all...but a majority of GOP feel that way). That is literally backwards. We all need to come together for the future.... because it's gonna happen whether we like it or not....and the future of America is white people WILL be the minority voting bloc and very soon (like 3-4 election cycles). Some are concerned/scared about that....I am not one of those people. I welcome the change and celebrate the diversity that's coming.

I'm convinced most of us agree on about 75/80% of the issues. The other 20/25%, the disagreement is more than likely in the execution of how to solve the issue rather than the issue itself.

"Putting people in chains"....I agree...that's slightly over the top (but he does want mass deportation so it's not completely off the mark). Same with "taking away freedoms" (though I'm convinced there will be a push to end gay/interracial marriage if trump wins...and that's taking away people's freedoms/going backwards).

My problem with trump is he is known to abuse any power given to him/skirt the rules as much as possible. And if he wins in November I'm convinced he will abuse the executive power that he feels has been granted to him by the recent SCOTUS ruling (he thinks he has absolute immunity...his words....not mine). An unchecked Trump is a scary proposition.

Plus people that believe in gun rights know assault rifles would just be the beginning. This is why people fight so hard. Next is handguns. That is where the progressive left wants to go. That is a long standing principle. I know you are a middle grounder, but this is what you are putting into office.

There has to be gun regulation. No issue with that, but it is a slippery slope. Sorry it just is. You give a mouse a cookie. They are going to want some milk too.

The assault weapons ban in the 90s didn't lead to confiscation of all firearms. Why not reenact that legislation? I admit I'm not old enough to understand the pros and cons there. But if Obama didn't take our guns, no one is taking our guns.

I proudly support our right to own a gun....but within reason (well regulated has to mean something right?). In my opinion, there is no good reason for citizens to own an automatic weapon. None....no civilian application whatsoever. Don't get me wrong....they are fun to shoot and you can't help but scream "murica!" when you do it...but outside of military application...I don't see the point. I agree with you some regulation is needed. But I fail to see the slippery slope here. Too many 2A Dems out there.

In no way is it a play on words (or, more commonly known as, a "pun") when you blatantly lie. He straight up lied on 2 of those points. When he says "everyone" does he mean police officers and military personnel as well? Would they not be included in "everyone"? Does "first" mean number 11 for Trump? Does he have a different method of counting than rest of us? No....he lied. Call him out.

We have to stop covering for our preferred candidates and call balls and strikes equally. That goes for Harris/Biden/etc. If they are lying....call them out. I'm sick of people/media covering for trump ("that's just trump being trump"/"he doesn't really mean that"). It's exhausting.

There is a "we need to go back to the way things were" mentality from trump and the GOP (not all...but a majority of GOP feel that way). That is literally backwards. We all need to come together for the future.... because it's gonna happen whether we like it or not....and the future of America is white people WILL be the minority voting bloc and very soon (like 3-4 election cycles). Some are concerned/scared about that....I am not one of those people. I welcome the change and celebrate the diversity that's coming.

I'm convinced most of us agree on about 75/80% of the issues. The other 20/25%, the disagreement is more than likely in the execution of how to solve the issue rather than the issue itself.

"Putting people in chains"....I agree...that's slightly over the top (but he does want mass deportation so it's not completely off the mark). Same with "taking away freedoms" (though I'm convinced there will be a push to end gay/interracial marriage if trump wins...and that's taking away people's freedoms/going backwards).

My problem with trump is he is known to abuse any power given to him/skirt the rules as much as possible. And if he wins in November I'm convinced he will abuse the executive power that he feels has been granted to him by the recent SCOTUS ruling (he thinks he has absolute immunity...his words....not mine). An unchecked Trump is a scary proposition.

The assault weapons ban in the 90s didn't lead to confiscation of all firearms. Why not reenact that legislation? I admit I'm not old enough to understand the pros and cons there. But if Obama didn't take our guns, no one is taking our guns.

I proudly support our right to own a gun....but within reason (well regulated has to mean something right?). In my opinion, there is no good reason for citizens to own an automatic weapon. None....no civilian application whatsoever. Don't get me wrong....they are fun to shoot and you can't help but scream "murica!" when you do it...but outside of military application...I don't see the point. I agree with you some regulation is needed. But I fail to see the slippery slope here. Too many 2A Dems out there.
I couldn’t help but like your last paragraph. Well done. It never ends at just one thing. That is the problem. It isn’t guns that are the problem. It is the people getting them. Make that more difficult imo.

The rest of the post I agree with. My main point is both sides need to do a question and answer about how their policies will work. Currently only jd Vance is doing this. That is it. He is taking gotcha questions from everyone. Until then they can use lie after lie. Which they both are. I know you hate Trump. But just look at the ads. They tell the story. One group is putting things out there. The other is responding with an ad saying none of that is true. The most liberal senator is now flip flopping everywhere. What does that tell you. What she truly believes is unelectable

when axios, the guardian and NPR are saying woah, you may have stepped over the line, altering headlines? wow

Boy I love reading all of this commie propaganda. Better than the Marvel comics!

When have you ever called out Biden, Harris, Pelosi etc? I am asking for examples posted on this board.

You say that the ban in the 90’s did not result in guns being taken away.
That is a terrible argument because there are a lot things we could do in the 90’s and we cannot do now.

This one is bad even for you. I admit trump lies. But passing some of those off as lies is as disingenuous as what the media did after covering the first debate.

You realize the ads run by the Dems didn’t include one piece of truthful information. You act like this is abnormal these days. Never see you go after that with the same passion. Or even admit it.

Jean Pierre’s lied for 2 years about joes health. Lied for 2 years about a secure border. Anytime Peter doocey asked her a question a lie would follow. If she answered at all.

I will pick two. And debunk them. Willie brown would never lie. He carried on an affair when he was 60 with a 29 year old Harris. Got her where she is today. He still supports her. 🙄 Another. There have been polls that suggested he would win in a landslide. There have been some that say he may lose too. 🤦‍♂️ tds gone wild. A bonus. Taking automatic rifles is still taking people’s guns. He didn’t get specific. You did. Double bonus. Pretty much common knowledge now that Nancy treated Joe with the 25th amendment. And Kamala would have carried it out. Quite the coup. Dem journalists have been all over that one it is so bad.

Glad to see him do a q and a. All you require your candidate do is be able to read. That is quite the standard you hold there kckd
Go Dawgs!

That is a terrible argument because there are a lot things we could do in the 90’s and we cannot do now.
I'm curious. What are you referencing when you suggest there are a lot of things we could do in the '90s that we can't do now? From where I sit, liberals have only added to the legal options now versus then.

I'm curious. What are you referencing when you suggest there are a lot of things we could do in the '90s that we can't do now? From where I sit, liberals have only added to the legal options now versus then.
images

When have you ever called out Biden, Harris, Pelosi etc? I am asking for examples posted on this board.
I will admit that I could do better to call them out here. I won't deny it. I don't do it as much here but I do in other circles where I have these discussions. But I'm also one that doesn't hang on their every word either.
What specifically could you do in the 90s that you can't do now? Smoke in a restaurant? Greet someone at the gate at the airport? I'm confused at the relevance here...

Not sure it's a terrible argument. Seeing as....the ban didn't take all guns away like some are worried about. We aren't reinventing the wheel here....

I couldn’t help but like your last paragraph. Well done. It never ends at just one thing. That is the problem. It isn’t guns that are the problem. It is the people getting them. Make that more difficult imo.

The rest of the post I agree with. My main point is both sides need to do a question and answer about how their policies will work. Currently only jd Vance is doing this. That is it. He is taking gotcha questions from everyone. Until then they can use lie after lie. Which they both are. I know you hate Trump. But just look at the ads. They tell the story. One group is putting things out there. The other is responding with an ad saying none of that is true. The most liberal senator is now flip flopping everywhere. What does that tell you. What she truly believes is unelectable
Appreciate the dialogue. My 80/20 rule in effect haha.

We will agree on most things....it's the execution where the rubber meets the road.

I won't disagree that on the surface....Harris is not a great candidate. But....she has one thing going for her right now that puts the main issue of the election to bed....her age. Most voters were worried about the age of both trump and biden. Harris solves the problem that we likely don't have a president die in office due to age. I will admit I was in camp "replace Harris" as VP. Been surprised at the groundswell of support that she's getting.

I just wish we had a functioning GOP that would combat the full Dem agenda. Not all GOP ideas are bad....same can be said about Dems. Thankfully...2 squad members got bounced in primaries this year. Need some of the GOP crazies to suffer the same fate. We need to get back to compromise and not trying to see who can get more engagement on Twitter.

The single story from my childhood that most blows my kid's minds is that I used to smoke on flights as a young teenager and no one so much as thought twice about it.
I was about to post the same thing. Blows my kids minds. Teachers and students lighting up together. Packaged as a snack break for those who didn’t smoke. I did not partake. But it was a good time to defile my body in another way with a Fanta orange or grape. Smoking would have likely been better for me.

I will admit that I could do better to call them out here. I won't deny it. I don't do it as much here but I do in other circles where I have these discussions. But I'm also one that doesn't hang on their every word either.

What specifically could you do in the 90s that you can't do now? Smoke in a restaurant? Greet someone at the gate at the airport? I'm confused at the relevance here...

Not sure it's a terrible argument. Seeing as....the ban didn't take all guns away like some are worried about. We aren't reinventing the wheel here....
Yes you are! Leave the 2nd alone.

Sorry I have been busy this evening. I said that more in Trump like manner. But there are a lot of concerns like using the wrong pronouns, misgendering, trying to figure out when it is okay to follow the science and when it is not, wondering what my kids are being told and encouraged to do by the school that should be teaching versus trying to indoctrinate that them in the insanity of the far left social agenda. Fortunately they can tell the difference between a man and woman. They realize that males should not participate in female sports. Saying these types of things 4 years from now may land me in jail.

Sorry I have been busy this evening. I said that more in Trump like manner. But there are a lot of concerns like using the wrong pronouns, misgendering, trying to figure out when it is okay to follow the science and when it is not, wondering what my kids are being told and encouraged to do by the school that should be teaching versus trying to indoctrinate that them in the insanity of the far left social agenda. Fortunately they can tell the difference between a man and woman. They realize that males should not participate in female sports. Saying these types of things 4 years from now may land me in jail.
I have LGBTQ friends and family and have never encountered the pronoun or misgendering issue. Have you? Have your children? How about someone you know well who has a story?

I'll admit to finding the new use of pronouns excessive and, frankly, annoying, but I'm happy to call someone whatever their preference is as long as they are not jerks when they first communicate this request. But again, I've never had the experience, and I lived in midtown Atlanta for thirty years.

My kids were in public school in Atlanta, and we didn't have a single instance of attempted indoctrination. Regardless, we are comfortable as parents that they get what they need at home to have a strong sense of right and wrong and how to apply that to different circumstances. Now that we are in private school in SC, they are more likely to hear right-leaning comments from teachers, and when it has happened, we discuss it over dinner and talk through it. We don't tell them what to think but are proud of how they draw their own conclusions.

I'm quite sure the things you described above happen, I just have zero sense for how widespread it is and thus what kind of problem it actually is. Generally speaking, I am supportive of allowing people to live however they want to live as long as they apply the golden rule and do the same. It's amazing to be that same sex marriage wasn't fully protected by the SCOTUS until 2016 and I feel VERY strongly about any backsliding on that specific issue, which I think is absolutely a threat right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: kckd and celticdawg
I have LGBTQ friends and family and have never encountered the pronoun or misgendering issue. Have you? Have your children? How about someone you know well who has a story?

I'll admit to finding the new use of pronouns excessive and, frankly, annoying, but I'm happy to call someone whatever their preference is as long as they are not jerks when they first communicate this request. But again, I've never had the experience, and I lived in midtown Atlanta for thirty years.

My kids were in public school in Atlanta, and we didn't have a single instance of attempted indoctrination. Regardless, we are comfortable as parents that they get what they need at home to have a strong sense of right and wrong and how to apply that to different circumstances. Now that we are in private school in SC, they are more likely to hear right-leaning comments from teachers, and when it has happened, we discuss it over dinner and talk through it. We don't tell them what to think but are proud of how they draw their own conclusions.

I'm quite sure the things you described above happen, I just have zero sense for how widespread it is and thus what kind of problem is actually is. Generally speaking, I am supportive of allowing people to live however they want to live as long as they apply the golden rule and do the same. It's amazing to be that same sex marriage wasn't fully protected by the SCOTUS until 2016 and I feel VERY strongly about any backsliding on that specific issue, which I think is absolutely a threat right now.
I understand what you are saying. Your perspective is in my opinion shortsighted. I have not had the pro noun issue yet. The LGBT issue is not with what individual people do on their own and in their own homes. My issue is with the expectation that I must view things as they do and celebrate it with them. I do not agree with how some people parent their children or run their business. But when they affecting me and my family I will make it be known. I might stop doing business with them or not let my children play with their kids. That is my choice and it should be my choice.
My youngest daughter has had a teacher tell her a lot of political thoughts and has sided with the Palestinians in her class. I have a friend whose daughter had to play a volleyball team with a biological male on the other team.
4 years ago would you have thought that biological males could play on a girls team or compete in the Olympics as a woman? Things change very fast and there is no telling what it might look like 4 years from now.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven

Are you OK?

That’s what all commies ask.
So no good argument I take it? Just name calling?
Nothing major really. Just tyranny. Same reason it was put in place in the first place

And you can just save me the “the military could just wipe you out”. As if that’s a good reason
A tyrannical government in 2024 is WAY different than 1700s. "The military could just wipe you out" has to be considered, no? I'm pretty certain that if a tyrant had the backing of the US military, they wouldn't stop because Jim Bob has 3d printed AR 15 in his possession...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT