ADVERTISEMENT

Trump on Rogan

Everybody should watch this in full. Three hours, long-form interview. It's amazing.
It is amazing the difference in someone who
Is smart and spent their careers communicating / negotiating to get stuff done. Versus canned politicians with handlers managing every sound bite. Avoiding questions. I don’t see how even a Kamala supporter after watching this can’t admit that this guy is more qualified

It is amazing the difference in someone who is smart and spent their careers communicating / negotiating to get stuff done. Versus canned politicians with handlers managing every sound bite. Avoiding questions. I don’t see how even a Kamala supporter after watching this can’t admit that this guy is more qualified
Don't worry, they'll find a way. As the saying goes, "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."

Everybody should watch this in full. Three hours, long-form interview. It's amazing.
I’m fifteen minutes in and will listen the entire interview during a long car ride today.

So question for you and my other friends on the thread who find the interview so fantastic. For the sake of argument, try and imagine you oppose another Trump presidency (impossible, I know, but give it a shot). From that perspective, is there anything about that first ten to fifteen minutes you might be critical of or find concerning?

I’ll be in the car driving to and from the state championship for Cross Country (my daughter is in 7th grade and competing on varsity, which is fun) so I won’t be back online until this evening. I will share my full thoughts then.

Reactions: MUSMDawgs
I’m fifteen minutes in and will listen the entire interview during a long car ride today.

So question for you and my other friends on the thread who find the interview so fantastic. For the sake of argument, try and imagine you oppose another Trump presidency (impossible, I know, but give it a shot). From that perspective, is there anything about that first ten to fifteen minutes you might be critical of or find concerning?

I’ll be in the car driving to and from the state championship for Cross Country (my daughter is in 7th grade and competing on varsity, which is fun) so I won’t be back online until this evening. I will share my full thoughts then.
Why do you claim Trump is a liar? Other than exaggerations, which all real estate ppl and pols do, what does he actually lie about? Then compare it to the whoppers spewed by ppl like Schiff and Raskin.

Reactions: ugadoc
Why do you claim Trump is a liar? Other than exaggerations, which all real estate ppl and pols do, what does he actually lie about? Then compare it to the whoppers spewed by ppl like Schiff and Raskin.
Huh? I mean, Trump is a notorious liar but I didn’t say anything above about that so I don’t know what you are referencing.

• Haha
Reactions: Athens is Heaven
From that perspective, is there anything about that first ten to fifteen minutes you might be critical of or find concerning?
Well, he talks about the View loving him before he beat Hillary, Apprentice stories, his first evening as President, and the Lincoln Bedroom. I have pretty good idea what you're going to say: His praise of Robert E. Lee as a military mind.

The irony is that if you continue to listen longer...Rogan references how people will misrepresent what Trump said there.

So question for you and my other friends on the thread who find the interview so fantastic.

FWIW, I said it is amazing and it is. I did not intend to make a judgement on the content. Three hours with a Presidential candidate days before an election is amazing. It's incredible insight and I wish every candidate and their VP would do something similar.

Well, he talks about the View loving him before he beat Hillary, Apprentice stories, his first evening as President, and the Lincoln Bedroom. I have pretty good idea what you're going to say: His praise of Robert E. Lee as a military mind.

The irony is that if you continue to listen longer...Rogan references how people will misrepresent what Trump said there.
No, no big issue with his comments about Lee, per se, or that he got the name wrong of which Lincoln son died while he was in office (it was Willie, not Tad).

Why do we give trump a pass by calling his lies "exaggerations"?

Reactions: shonuff253

I could find a bunch of stuff to criticize as I am sure you will. What I won’t find is any shred of evidence that Trump isn’t a smart guy who is very sharp and on his game, for three straight hours. Even if you hate every bit of that game (which is fine), I think you’ll have to concede that.

From a campaign standpoint, this will be a win given the reach of the podcast and his command for three hours. He didn’t need to move me, but I was legitimately a lot more impressed than I expected I would be.

Good luck to your daughter. How does she feel about men competing in women's sports? I hope that nonsense doesn't happen to her.

Huh? I mean, Trump is a notorious liar but I didn’t say anything above about that so I don’t know what you are referencing.
I'm just curious bc nobody ever cites an actual lie. Of course he exaggerates, as all pols do. He likes to use the words *greatest* and *best* a lot when describing something he did. But I'm asking for a Russia hoax level lie or a border agents whipping illegals type of lie or a mostly peaceful protest lie or a 9% inflation when I took office lie.

Cite the actual lies.

Fair enough, but it's a claim that a lot of ppl agree with. Kinda like, I did not have sex with that woman or I didn't inhale.
A lot of people believing something doesn't validate the lie.

If 1m people told you the sky was made of chocolate, they are still liars.

What I want to know from all you Trumpers who are complaining about grocery, goods and gas prices… please explain on 10-20% tariffs and up to 60% tariffs on Chinese imports are going to make things cheaper?

I honestly don’t think you or Trump know how tariffs work.

Also - explain how mass deportations is going to make life cheaper as well.

I’ll wait…

What I want to know from all you Trumpers who are complaining about grocery, goods and gas prices… please explain on 10-20% tariffs and up to 60% tariffs on Chinese imports are going to make things cheaper?

I’ll wait…
I’m not sure you do, but that’s okay. You’re not in charge. He did it last time and the economy exploded with no inflation.

Ask yourselves why the other side isn’t doing these interviews. And spare me the elitist leftist answer that they are “above” this sort of thing.

Why do we give trump a pass by calling his lies "exaggerations"?
As a small business owner, I'll give it a shot.

Yes, Trump bloviates, exaggerates, uses hyperbole as a normal pattern when speaking and sometimes lies. What Trump DOES NOT do is pretend to be someone else. Iows, what you see is what you get and he's pretty consistent on where he stands on each issue. Businesses can plan for the future with confidence that he won't pull a 180 and cost them millions or billions. Simply put, I DGAF if Trump says his inauguration was bigger than Obama's, if he believes mail in voting and 51 spies tainted the 2020 election and caused him to lose or if he says a really great economy was the best in our history.

I think Trump has demonstrated that he will renegotiate horrible trade deals if he says he'll negotiate for free but reciprocal trade. I believe Trump when he says he'll work to overturn the SCAM that is the ACA. I believe Trump when he says he'll work for tax and regulation policies that will attract business and jobs to our soil instead of running jobs overseas. I believe Trump when he says he won't get us involved in unnecessary wars and on and on.

Otoh, I don't believe the est Pubs any more than I believe Kamala Harris is now a supporter of fracking. I spent 40 yrs voting for "no new taxes" Pubs and guys like McCain that promised to vote to overturn the ACA. I'll gladly support an asshole with a huge ego that does what he says over a bunch of assholes with huge egos that promise sane governance but put us in 35 trillion debt and only promising more but sound really smooth while they are lying their asses off.

Last edited:
It is amazing the difference in someone who
Is smart and spent their careers communicating / negotiating to get stuff done. Versus canned politicians with handlers managing every sound bite. Avoiding questions. I don’t see how even a Kamala supporter after watching this can’t admit that this guy is more qualified
Liberals aren’t the brightest

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
A lot of people believing something doesn't validate the lie.
If Trump truly believes mail in shenanigans and 51 spies knowingly misleading the voting public as well as fake water pipes bursting during the vote count resulted in the election being stolen, then he might be wrong but expressing that isn't a lie. Otoh, Schiff reading a fake transcript into the congressional record as well as saying he held the smoking gun or DOJ officials swearing to a fraudulent document and presenting it to a secret court would be an example of lies that harm our democracy.

I’ll wait…
I think that is a fair question but not the best question. It is only focused on the short term affect the tariffs will have. The tariffs are a way to take some power back from the Chinese. It is mostly about control and the ability to negotiate. The tariffs in the short term will make prices higher. It will help US goods look more favorable in consumers eyes and allow them to make changes if necessary. If he does it correctly it could help long term prices as the Chinese will have to negotiate to more favorable terms. That would be best for our economy in the long term.
One of the best reasons I would think most people could benefit from a Trump presidency is he would be able to make changes that are better for the country as far as long term issues. He would not need to cater to groups for reelection purposes. Thus freeing him to make the hard decisions necessary for long term prosperity and getting the country back on sound financial footing. I am not saying he will do that but he could and I think he is the type of person who could best accomplish this.

I’ll wait…
I think he’s forgotten more about tariffs than you’ll ever know. If you actually listen to what he says , he tells you how they benefit the US.

Also the fact that so far we have spent $200 billion on illegals, getting rid of a shitload of them will save us billions . Our schools and hospitals are overrun with them and we can’t support them. Send them back to wherever the **** they came from. I find the open borders to be the most insulting thing this Administration has done, actually any Administration.

I think that is a fair question but not the best question. It is only focused on the short term affect the tariffs will have. The tariffs are a way to take some power back from the Chinese. It is mostly about control and the ability to negotiate. The tariffs in the short term will make prices higher. It will help US goods look more favorable in consumers eyes and allow them to make changes if necessary. If he does it correctly it could help long term prices as the Chinese will have to negotiate to more favorable terms. That would be best for our economy in the long term.
One of the best reasons I would think most people could benefit from a Trump presidency is he would be able to make changes that are better for the country as far as long term issues. He would not need to cater to groups for reelection purposes. Thus freeing him to make the hard decisions necessary for long term prosperity and getting the country back on sound financial footing. I am not saying he will do that but he could and I think he is the type of person who could best accomplish this.
Think it will also serve to bring more manufacturing jobs back to the US eliminating a lot of the tariffs anyway.

I’m not sure you do, but that’s okay. You’re not in charge. He did it last time and the economy exploded with no inflation.
“Exploded with no inflation” - prove your work, cite examples and non TikTok examples.

Inflation is caused by the imbalance of supply and demand. The govt, under Trump and Biden, gave a shit ton of money to businesses and individuals due to COVID. Supply chain issues in China due to their lockdown, companies that were profiteering from those times and the amount of money Americans had to spend on goods, cars, shoes, TVs etc etc caused inflation.

It’s not rocket science. BOTH Trump and Biden did it. I am not here claiming it was just Trump and point the finger. It’s the most basic of economic principles - supply and demand. Either side claiming it was ONLY the other side doesn’t understand.

I’ll wait…
He did tariffs last time he was in office and prices never went up and deportations will not be mass but will rid this nation of the criminals and gangs which will make this nation safer. That’s something the Dems don’t want because they hate the average American citizen.

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
I think he’s forgotten more about tariffs than you’ll ever know. If you actually listen to what he says , he tells you how they benefit the US.

I have listened to his rambling about tariffs and he states that the other side will pay for them (just like Mexico, right??)… the tariffs he is proposing are paid by the IMPORTER (the US) which will essentially automatically increase the price to the American consumer.

He is preying on people that do not understand, like himself and other un-educated whites (his base), basic economic principles.

Was unaware this was trump...

Wanna try to actually answer the question and stay on topic? Or just deflect?
Think I was saying all politicians lie. Trump is no different. Some of us are capable of realizing our side may tell an occasional white lie.

I have listened to his rambling about tariffs and he states that the other side will pay for them (just like Mexico, right??)… the tariffs he is proposing are paid by the IMPORTER (the US) which will essentially automatically increase the price to the American consumer.

He is preying on people that do not understand, like himself and other un-educated whites (his base), basic economic principles.
He has said how he will do this. He will bring energy prices down. This will trickle into everything we buy and do. Tariffs will bring money into our government meaning you can be taxed less. Not to mention, getting rid of the illegals dragging on the current economy. I think he will negotiate an end to a very expensive quasi war for us with the Ukraine. He will also put some fear back in China. I had lunch with a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force yesterday. He said he feels like a war with China is going to happen. Makes me worry.

Finally we can’t elect someone who is going to do the same shit pharm. I have seen people who have gone back to their Walmart grocery account. Check a receipt from 2020. Plug the same 30 items in for an online purchase today. 75 dollars then. 165 today. She said plain as day she wouldn’t change anything that happened over the last four years. It isn’t working. You have to try something different. Just common sense should tell you that.

Yeah the Democrats are preying on the elite educated brainwashed ignorant masses who are taught not to think for themselves but let big government do the thinking for you. Just stay on the plantation!

Reactions: Dawgdocindosta
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT