ADVERTISEMENT

Trump refers to his supporters as…

And this exact scenario is when your overiding character is considered. I never worry about such scenarios because character always wins in the end...it always comes out in the wash, you just have to play the long game.

I would imagine for you, these accusations would represent an exception and abiration...a deviation from the man you are known to be.

For Trump it is normative. He is a fool and destruction is in his wake.

Preacher, read Proverbs and then know you are defending the scorner / fool.
You people have no clue what character really is. If you vote for that person who is representing the Dems then you’re a confused individual who doesn’t know that they can’t even spell the word.

• Haha
Reactions: ChoppedWood
Its not my own set of facts... Its an exageration to point out the absurdity of a position, Rush used to do it all the time.

Somehow the Republican party has become an anti-governement party and any one who advocates for governement in form or function is a RINO.

There was acid rain. There are countries with trash in the street. Streams have been polluted. We absolutely need regulation. Do Democrats take it to far? Maybe. Do Republicans scare me with talk concerning deregulation? Absolutely.

There is a balance to everything.

Would deregulation help business? Sure. But there is also a cost to doing business the right way and we absolutely need that check in place.
Oh, I get it. You were just using an absurd exaggeration to point out what you consider to be an absurd exaggeration. What exactly was absurd about his statement below?

"Trump can call me anything he wants as long as he derails the nutcase regulation train, works to reduce taxes and reigns in the out of control DOJ. We don't need another closet Marxist trying to "fundamentally" change America."

-Cutting nutcase regulations? Certainly you would admit there are plenty of absurd regulations that need to be cut or changed?
-Are you saying his tax cuts were absurd? I believe the economy did pretty well under Trump's cuts and even increased tax revenues.
-Out of control DOJ? Do you really believe our DOJ isn't a little out of whack?

Well said. I was thinking about a response but you nailed it. You can no longer tell the RINOs from the Dems and that I cannot vote for.

So I get the sentiment, but I find that when I dig deeper most that make these statements are not holding those whom they call RINO's to traditional conservative positions. They are measuring them against populism.

To clarify... I said most...not you. I also did not say that Republicans have not deviated from conservative values.

I will say this...and I might regret it / change my mind... I do think the "RINO's are closer to traditional conservatism as opposed to the populist. For example...I'd take Romney over Gaetz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Oh, I get it. You were just using an absurd exaggeration to point out what you consider to be an absurd exaggeration. What exactly was absurd about his statement below?

"Trump can call me anything he wants as long as he derails the nutcase regulation train, works to reduce taxes and reigns in the out of control DOJ. We don't need another closet Marxist trying to "fundamentally" change America."

-Cutting nutcase regulations? Certainly you would admit there are plenty of absurd regulations that need to be cut or changed?
-Are you saying his tax cuts were absurd? I believe the economy did pretty well under Trump's cuts and even increased tax revenues.
-Out of control DOJ? Do you really believe our DOJ isn't a little out of whack?
Hmm... I won't completely concede...but fair enough.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
So I get the sentiment, but I find that when I dig deeper most that make these statements are not holding those whom they call RINO's to traditional conservative positions. They are measuring them against populism.

To clarify... I said most...not you. I also did not say that Republicans have not deviated from conservative values.

I will say this...and I might regret it / change my mind... I do think the "RINO's are closer to traditional conservatism as opposed to the populist. For example...I'd take Romney over Gaetz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
I don't believe we have the same idea of what a traditional Conservative looks like. Perhaps you can tell me what you think a traditional conservative looks like?

I could start with W's well circulated warnings of the three ism' - isolationsim, protectivism and nativism, all of which Trump has embraced. But...I know how W is percieved.

Here are a few marks of a traditional conservative that Trump has devaited from: (obviuously not original to me)

• Fiscal Responsibility
    • Traditional conservatives emphasize reducing government debt and limiting federal spending. Trump’s administration, however, oversaw significant increases in the national debt and enacted large-scale tax cuts without corresponding spending reductions, which contradicted the conservative focus on fiscal restraint.
  • Free Trade
    • Traditional conservatism generally supports free trade and global economic integration. Trump’s use of tariffs, trade wars, and protectionist policies, especially with China and the European Union, marked a sharp departure from the conservative commitment to free markets and free trade agreements.
  • Respect for Institutions
    • Conservatives traditionally place great importance on the preservation of institutions, norms, and the rule of law. Trump frequently challenged and undermined established institutions, including the judiciary, the press, and intelligence agencies, which deviated from the conservative respect for these pillars of democracy.
  • Limited Government
    • A cornerstone of traditional conservatism is the belief in limited government and minimal intervention in both economic and personal affairs. Trump, however, expanded executive power and implemented policies that increased government intervention in areas like trade and immigration, which contrasts with the conservative ideal of a restrained government.
  • Civility and Political Discourse
    • Traditional conservatives value civil discourse, decorum, and maintaining political norms. Trump’s often combative and divisive rhetoric, as well as his unorthodox communication style, represented a departure from the conservative emphasis on civility and respectful political engagement.
  • International Alliances
    • Conservatives have historically supported strong international alliances, such as NATO, and a leadership role for the U.S. on the global stage. Trump’s approach often questioned the value of these alliances, leading to strained relations with traditional allies and a more isolationist stance, which diverged from the conservative commitment to global leadership and cooperation.

Dude...listen to anyone who has ever worked closely with Trump. It's no "side". Its everyone that knows him.

The most damning case against him is that 40 out of 44 of his handpicked cabinet have declined to endorse him for President. 91%
How bout 92 percent of Kamala’s own staff quit, resigned or was fired over the last four years. Trump 72 percent while president. (Biden 78, if curious) Those are the actual people that work closest to them. Cabinet members were going to be pissed. He told you that going in. He was going to upset the apple cart.

Chop, it is a running joke in Washington with her employees. Blink once if you are ok. Blink twice if you need help. No bs. Go look it up. You might be surprised who the bigger asshole is.

How bout 92 percent of Kamala’s own staff quit, resigned or was fired over the last four years. Trump 72 percent while president. (Biden 78, if curious) Those are the actual people that work closest to them. Cabinet members were going to be pissed. He told you that going in. He was going to upset the apple cart.

Chop, it is a running joke in Washington with her employees. Blink once if you are ok. Blink twice if you need help. No bs. Go look it up. You might be surprised who the bigger asshole is.
Nope. Wouldn’t be surprised at all. She sounds terrible…. But y’all didn’t nominate her.

Reactions: zingerdawg
Nope. Wouldn’t be surprised at all. She sounds terrible…. But y’all didn’t nominate her.
Neither did a single Democrat voter. They pulled a coup and "appointed" her. So why you can hate Trump all you want, there is at least a shred of democracy left on the R side to zero on the D side.

Neither did a single Democrat voter. They pulled a coup and "appointed" her. So why you can hate Trump all you want, there is at least a shred of democracy left on the R side to zero on the D side.
No. They endorsed her. Then duly elected convention delegates nominated her. It’s pretty standard stuff.

Reactions: celticdawg
You have to remember we are not a democracy. We are a democratic republic. It’s to keep our elections from being unduly influenced by the dishonest and ill-informed.

You have to remember we are not a democracy. We are a democratic republic. It’s to keep our elections from being unduly influenced by the dishonest and ill-informed.
Oh! In other words you’re talking about the Democrats.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
This is the funniest post I’ve read all week.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

No. They endorsed her. Then duly elected convention delegates nominated her. It’s pretty standard stuff.
Absolutely nobody believes this to be true. It may be said, but it isn't true. They have no rules and live by no rules. They f@cked over Bernie in 2016 and later they admitted it. They will likely admit later they appointed the mental midget outside of their existing party rules.

I am well aware the country is a constitutional republic, but I was referring to the political party itself and I never referenced the country itself. The Dem party is not a Republic, nor a Democracy. Simply a WEF captured cult at this point.

"there is at least a shred of democracy left on the R side to zero on the D side."

Seriously sir?

First, a claim by a disgruntled, former staffer?

Next, no evidence, no support, just "I heard him say it, in private".....Anybody can claim they heard anything, in private. How can Trump defend himself? It's hard to prove you didn't say something...in private

Third, there is no context. IF he said something like that, from what perspective? All his supporters? An individual who acted like a moron? I'm certain it's not as simple as a random comment, "My supporters are basement dwellers".

Do you really think this claim matters, to either party?
Keep drinking the kool aid. We all know how that ended. Oh that’s right you MAGA people don’t accept facts. So never mind.

• Haha
Reactions: poorpreacher
Ha!...Well, I did enjoy reading "When Character Was King" my freshman year of college.

It sent me down a Reagan rabbit hole. I have nearly 100 books on Reagan in my library and have read a couple dozen or so biographies.

So yeah...You pegged me there.
Reagan sucked. He lowered taxes on the rich. And then taxed Social Security instead. Straight up Republican turd move.

Last edited:
And this exact scenario is when your overiding character is considered. I never worry about such scenarios because character always wins in the end...it always comes out in the wash, you just have to play the long game.

I would imagine for you, these accusations would represent an exception and abiration...a deviation from the man you are known to be.

For Trump it is normative. He is a fool and destruction is in his wake.

Preacher, read Proverbs and then know you are defending the scorner / fool.
Oh you are right, knee pads Kamala and influence peddling Joe that both lied about Joe’s mental decline and hunters lap top and business dealings etc etc etc are just gushing with character.

Have you listened to the 90% of her original staff about how she treated them.

You can climb down now. You may be fooled into thinking you have a high horse but it’s really just a stick horse. FAKE

I will say this...and I might regret it / change my mind... I do think the "RINO's are closer to traditional conservatism as opposed to the populist. For example...I'd take Romney over Gaetz every day of the week and twice on Sunday.Dude,D95%Dude,
Dude, 95% of the trump voters on this board know exactly what Trump is. I am not defending him. What I am doing is pointing out the ignorance it would take to think knee pad and tampon tim are any better than him in any way. In fact they are worse because of their policies. It is lunacy to say you wont vote for trump because of his personality, when tiny tim tampon is a lie a minute. All the dims have done in their convention is talk about how awful trump is. Biden called trump voters dumb. So much joy and love and togetherness. OH he did say, and we know kamala feels the same, that the Hamas rioters "have a point"

As I said you can climb down now. I hear both sides. You folks with tds only hear trump. Well, you go on and help put her in office we will have 4 more years of transgender queering of young children, higher taxes, no border, 15 million or more illegals made citizens, have you even listened to the co chair of her campaign,,,,, I posted the youtube of her talking. They want the US taxpayer to pay for health care, college and a host of things for the ILLEAGLES. That is the conservative you will vote for.? To avoid voting for orange man.. I am old but I do remember the world and the country where much better off under orange man. All I can figure is you live in a dim city and state and are used to things sucking like they do under biden harris.

Also, you might want to not preach, you are trying to convince us to vote for harris by bringing up Proverbs, so you are willing to ignore all the anti Chrisitan stances of the dim party? Homosexuality, Abortion, Anti family, Anti Bible, serve government not the Lord? I am a proud deplorable bitter clinger non reader as labeled by the dim party and its perversion pushing baby killing politicians call us.

That has hasn’t happened in how long for pretty standard stuff. I wasn’t alive the last time they determined a sitting president was not fit to run again. Then appoint someone from the same crappy administration to replace him. Appoint is an interesting word. A forced appointment because no other way the money would flow. And a forced exit, because he couldn’t win, was unfit, and money was about to stop flowing in. You guys are telling the g rated version.

“Basement dwellers” in private

Stephanie Grisham, a former Trump White House press secretary and chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, described herself as a “true believer” who spent her holidays at Mar-a-Lago. But she resigned on January 6, 2021, after Trump failed to immediately move to stop his supporters from attacking the US Capitol.

Grisham used her remarks to condemn Trump’s behind closed doors, telling that audience that he mocks his supporters in private and has called them “basement dwellers.”

Stephanie Grisham, a former Trump White House press secretary and chief of staff to former First Lady Melania Trump, described herself as a “true believer” who spent her holidays at Mar-a-Lago. But she resigned on January 6, 2021, after Trump failed to immediately move to stop his supporters from attacking the US Capitol.

Grisham used her remarks to condemn Trump’s behind closed doors, telling that audience that he mocks his supporters in private and has called them “basement dwellers.”
I just want to say you guys are not basement dwellers to ole kckd. It's time to unite and move forward. Time to stop with the silly insults, name calling and show some respect for people again, even if we don't agree with them. Let's move forward.

Do you REALLY want to claim the high ground about facts?

Jon Stewart What GIF
I just want you to know you are no basement dweller, preacher. You are an American. We Americans come together in hours of importance. Still seats available, friend. Blessings.

I just want you to know you are no basement dweller, preacher. You are an American. We Americans come together in hours of importance. Still seats available, friend. Blessings.
I agree. Let’s put aside our hatred for the orange man to do what is best for all Americans. We must come together to vote for what is best for Americans. We can’t be blinded by hatred and focus on what policies will move our country forward. We have to get past personality differences that are childish and become adults. When you become a man you put away childish things. Blessings to you friend. I hope you can find peace and make the right choice. Did I do that right?

I agree. Let’s put aside our hatred for the orange man to do what is best for all Americans. We must come together to vote for what is best for Americans. We can’t be blinded by hatred and focus on what policies will move our country forward. We have to get past personality differences that are childish and become adults. When you become a man you put away childish things. Blessing to you friend. Did I do that right?
When the orange man gives a speech of hope and not one of fear, we might can talk about that. When he stops using name calling (you know, childish things) and tells you not what he can do, but what we can together, that's a convo. It's not on the table at the moment though.

Still seats available Zinger. Have a good night.

• Haha
When the orange man gives a speech of hope and not one of fear, we might can talk about that. When he stops using name calling (you know, childish things) and tells you not what he can do, but what we can together, that's a convo. It's not on the table at the moment though.

Still seats available Zinger. Have a good night.
I was quoting the Bible with the put away childish things friend. Blessings to you. Have a good night.

Indeed. I wish the former POTUS was familiar with it. Wake up tomorrow to a brighter future.
Me too. Biden could use to stop yelling like a child and become a man. Corn pop took his balls from him. Maybe there would be less wars around the world if we had a real man in office. Blessings friend. I agree.

Me too. Biden could use to stop yelling like a child and become a man. Corn pop took his balls from him. Maybe there would be less wars around the world if we had a real man in office. Blessings friend. I agree.
I'm gonna choose to stay positive here, Zing. Future, bud. Real person. Sweet dreams.

• Haha

Grisham with multiple DUI arrests and fired from jobs for falsifying records and plagiarism. An opportunist. Why don’t we talk to the 92% of Kamala’s staff that left? She’s the only press sec for Trump to never do a Press conference

Grisham with multiple DUI arrests and fired from jobs for falsifying records and plagiarism. An opportunist. Why don’t we talk to the 92% of Kamala’s staff that left? She’s the only press sec for Trump to never do a Press conference
Let's think positively. That helps with patients as well.

Dude...listen to anyone who has ever worked closely with Trump. It's no "side". Its everyone that knows him.

The most damning case against him is that 40 out of 44 of his handpicked cabinet have declined to endorse him for President. 91%
Wow. I really didnt realize it was that bad.

How many times do you cut and paste this ironic post? Only someone very childish would ask this of individuals daily.
Let's just remember we must practice patience. These are not bad people, just need some time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT