ADVERTISEMENT

United States Postal Service

Absolutely sucks! Lost mail- weeks or months late, checks stolen by workers in the postal service, returned mail weeks or months later, etc. Stamp prices keep increasing, but service declines!
Beyond belief horrible. Worst ever. My mail bitch throws our ballots away. I know it’s because I get gun magazines so she knows I’m not a Biden voter.

WTF runs the USPS. Oh, that's right - it's Louis DeJoy, Postmaster General (in other words the CEO). And wasn't he appointed by Trump?

Reactions: GDawg and GarrDawg
WTF runs the USPS. Oh, that's right - it's Louis DeJoy, Postmaster General (in other words the CEO). And wasn't he appointed by Trump?
The Post Office has sucked for decades (my Brother in law is a postmaster). The Union has totally screwed it up. Many employees expect to be paid for very little work, and crappy work at that. It will never be fixed. I guess both sides of the aisle are at fault. But in general it is what our workforce is today.

Yes, and it was a shitty appointment, unlike any of Biden’s, of course. There, feel better. The problems with USPS are with the carriers and sorters, and bad attitudes which might filter down from the top.

The Post Office has sucked for decades (my Brother in law is a postmaster). The Union has totally screwed it up. Many employees expect to be paid for very little work, and crappy work at that. It will never be fixed. I guess both sides of the aisle are at fault. But in general it is what our workforce is today.
In my experience, and from what I read of others’ experiences, it is far worse now than ever before. The carriers suck. The sorting people steal.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Absolutely sucks! Lost mail- weeks or months late, checks stolen by workers in the postal service, returned mail weeks or months later, etc. Stamp prices keep increasing, but service declines!
Trump said the Post Office should be privatized.
Trump appointed DeJoy as Postmaster.
Biden can't fire DeJoy.
Post Office under DeJoy keeps getting worse.

Yes, and it was a shitty appointment, unlike any of Biden’s, of course. There, feel better. The problems with USPS are with the carriers and sorters, and bad attitudes which might filter down from the top.
This has nothing to do with Biden, but you just had to mention him right.

I understand the problems, but I was talking about the head. Even the Pubs are complaining.

Reactions: GDawg
I don't care who runs the Post Office, it has gotten worse over the years! Trump was correct in his assessment, privatize it & then shitty employees & internal thieves can be fired & prosecuted. Trump made a bad hire in DeJoy- it happens sometimes. However, it should be much easier to terminate federal employees than it is in the current state!

Try this. I’m getting a shipment of fencing parts through the mail from Australia for the farm. I received 1 of 3 packages, last week. No sign of the others. They fn suck.

Bought a new car. Temp tag expires and I go the day of to the tag office to get a tag. Original tag comes in the mail a week later. People need to be fired over this

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Postmaster is a Trump appointee. They built 2 new mail sort facilities, 1 in GA and 1 on VA.
In Ga they closed 10 or so smaller facilities and consolidated them in to 1 in Piedmont Ga. and moved all the people to the new facility. Obviously not a smooth transition.
The USPS has been losing money for decades and this move was to try and cut cost. At least he’s trying but the service has suffered as a result. They’re saying it should get better by the end of summer.

Postmaster is a Trump appointee. They built 2 new mail sort facilities, 1 in GA and 1 on VA.
In Ga they closed 10 or so smaller facilities and consolidated them in to 1 in Piedmont Ga. and moved all the people to the new facility. Obviously not a smooth transition.
The USPS has been losing money for decades and this move was to try and cut cost. At least he’s trying but the service has suffered as a result. They’re saying it should get better by the end of summer.
Is this the same as the new one in Palmetto GA? That’s where I read the problems are coming from.

I don’t know why we keep it around. For years, they never took any federal money but after 2020, they’ve taken “loans” worth billions of dollars.

It’s basically a jobs program for blacks.

I can’t remember the exact number but approx. 60% of all mail coming through USPS is junk mail. If people were serious about the environment, they’d outlaw that.

Anything serious goes private (FedEx, UPS, etc.).

USPS should only deliver mail M-R.

Cut back two days to cut costs. Possibly only M-W.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Yes, my bad.
My accountant is in Duluth, I’m in Marietta about 25 or 30 miles away. The CPA mailed my taxes to me, for which i gave him an ass chewing. They made it to Palmetto, never to be seen again. I believe they were stolen and sold. I have had to place locks on all brokerage accounts, monitor bank accounts closely, and more. Credit was already frozen. The amount of info in your tax return is substantial. Everybody should demand Fedex or UPS from their accountants. I mentioned above my ballots, but also have had small packages pilfered. It has really REALLY gotten bad. You have a Blessed day, BlessedDawg.

Reactions: BlessedDawg
My accountant is in Duluth, I’m in Marietta about 25 or 30 miles away. The CPA mailed my taxes to me, for which i gave him an ass chewing. They made it to Palmetto, never to be seen again. I believe they were stolen and sold. I have had to place locks on all brokerage accounts, monitor bank accounts closely, and more. Credit was already frozen. The amount of info in your tax return is substantial. Everybody should demand Fedex or UPS from their accountants. I mentioned above my ballots, but also have had small packages pilfered. It has really REALLY gotten bad. You have a Blessed day, BlessedDawg.
It’s cost me as well but nothing like your situation. I had 4 bills paid by check that never arrived by the due date. I checked my online banking each day for 6 weeks to see if they ever cleared. I had to put a stop payment on 2 checks at a bank fee if $23 per check plus had late charges for 2 past due payments.
I finally decided to set up an auto pay instead of writing a check.

• Sad
Reactions: deadduckdawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT