ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note Update on five-star defensive tackle

Trent Smallwood

War Daddy
Staff
Aug 25, 2014
Flowery Branch, Georgia
uga.rivals.com
We have spent the last few days gathering notes on five-star defensive tackle Justus Terry. A lot of people were caught off-guard when Terry flipped his commitment from Georgia to USC. He was back on campus in Athens this past weekend, arriving on Friday and staying for the spring game.

Did the Bulldogs push for a flip back? No, not at all from what I am told. Georgia reminded him and his mother, who joined him on the visit, why he fell in love with Georgia in the first place. They also said they would be on him until signing day and continue building that relationship. He also had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with defensive line coach Tray Scott, who has almost become like a family member to the family.

From talking to sources, there were a few different reasons for the flip. He did love the California vibes and NIL was a factor. This is a situation Georgia will play the long game on. The collective will never give its top offer eight months out from early signing day. This is very similar to the K.J.Bolden situation. The Bulldogs WILL be in this at the end from a NIL standpoint. Will it turn out the same? We will find out come December.

I do not expect Terry to just flip back but he definitely will not shut it down. I expect him to take officials in June, but then we get to July then the fall. I expect him to be on campus 3-5 times over that time period. The Georgia staff is fine not having his commitment right now, the goal is to get his signature in December. They will recruit him the same no matter where his commitment lies.

I will continue to have him in my class prediction moving forward until I hear a reason to remove him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News