ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Vent opinions....With 44 approaching I did a thorough review of my different investments. I have been maxing out

InsureDawg02

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
my simple plan IRA for the last 21 years and my total return with what I have put in has averaged about 5% to 5.5% annually. Not really that great in my opinion. I have purchased 2 larger tracts of raw land and just the land value and my timber harvests have pretty much doubled in value in the last 10 years. Unfortunately I bailed on 2 other land purchases and I wish I did those as well. The problem with the land is I will never want to sell it more than likely considering my love for the outdoors. I will get more timber harvests in my late 50s and 60s but who knows what the price of Timber will be at that time.

I have an Annuity/Life Insurance product through Mass Mutual and the dividend has avg around 6% annually. I do not feel comfortable piling more after tax money in the stock market due to sub par returns the last 20 years and my low confidence in where our country may be headed. I have used 3 different advisors and to be honest neither was any better than the one before.

For those that are saving where are you parking your money (No interest in cocaine or hookers)? I want to be done in 15 years assuming the Lord allows me to get there. I have some comfort in knowing I can sell my business when that time comes but who knows what valuations will be at that time.

Reactions: nfloyd77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News