ADVERTISEMENT

Vol-I. Gibson recruiting tears...

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
Excitement builds

Recruiting coverage Vol: Tennessee has really impressed Isaiah Gibson and in my opinion the Vols will leave the weekend with a great chance to flip the 5-star edge. It sounds like he hopes to do something in late June or early July.

Volunteer Bob: I’ve heard same thing….🙌🏻

Christmas in summer Vol: This would be huge. A 5* at probably the 2nd if not 3rd most important position. This kid is a stud. Not to mention the consolation prize of keeping him away from UGA.

Doesn't know Garner was kicked out of Hogwarts Vol: Hopefully RG can work his magic.

Jesus Vol preaching in Knoxville: I would be shocked if it's not Georgia. ("Only in his hometown and in his own household is a prophet without honor.")

Kville hometown citizen Vols:

Citizen 1
: Of course you would, doggy.

Citizen 2: I’d be shocked if you had a clue how this plays out. Keep guessing for that ecred.

Citizen 3:
He’s committed to a West Coast team atm.
And he’s just now really seeing and enjoying Tennessee- which mind you- is far enough away from home but not so far that he can’t see family on holidays.

Why would any of this make you believe it’s UGA?

"It's on like Donkey Kong" Vol: Gibson is a future NFL kid, and honestly i haven't taken this recruitment serious because i didn't think we had a chance. Well, looks like we got a good chance here and the staff has really got us in this one. It will be interesting to see after the visit high wears off and what UGA will counter with. This would be a huge huge get for us, This guy is a monster at SDE, this years Williams Nwarneri. Gibson is a going to be a difference maker wherever he goes, i hope it is not UGA though.

"He can play for the home state, or be a part of the Vol defensive juggernaut under Josh" Vol:
People have to think about the track record that we’re building at EDGE the past 3 years
- B Young NFL DROTY considered as a 3rd round pick

- James Pearce as possibly a Top 10 pick in 2025 and All-American this past year.

- Signed 5 star Ross last cycle and will be ready to contribute this season- as a freshman.

He can come be a part of that legacy

"The Onion is legit news" Vol: I read that we got him to cancel his USC visit. GBO!

"Kirby gave up weeks ago" Vol: Three schools in this: Us, Oklahoma and osu

"We're the captain now" Vol: UGA is only confident because they think they are the only ones that can land 5 stars. Those days are over. We've recruited the edge better than them the last 2 recruiting cycles.

"Tea leaves not looking good" Vol:
Yeah, not buying this kid coming here now.

Saw where another 5* Georgia kid just decommited from USC.

I’m a go ahead and chalk this up to UGA

"My kleenex box is empty. Anybody got a hanky?" Vol: hate those Mutts! Nothing but a fanbase that barks at people and clings to the only good sport in their entire program. If not for football UGA would be Mr. Irrelevant. Yes I'm aware they were decent in baseball this year but they also got caught cheating this season. I'd love to see us drop a bag for this kid and get Kirby shook

Tea leaf illiteracy Vol: Uga coaching staff might be realizing IG isn’t uga bound, and started turning their attention to JT.

"I bring tidings of despair" Vol:
Apparently the usc (competing site) guy says both IG and JT are Georgia bound. Said he knew they were gonna decommit when he spoke with them not long after a Georgia visit and that he along with everyone else at on3 knows it’s uga.

Paraphrased but that was the gist.

"That's old news, man. He just got back from Rocky Top" Vol: Well that dialogue was before IG took his visit to UT. Apparently it got real with us during his visit here. @Ericvol2096 any updates?

Pop Warner Vol Coach says it ain't Georgia: I coached him from the time he was 7 until middle school. His dream school was Oregon, but he literally could go anywhere. I asked him which way was he leaning and he told me he honestly likes about 7-8 schools and they are all pretty much equal. Knowing his mom, she won't steer him anywhere it will be up to him. I think GA tech has a better chance than UGA, because Dinkins & Cannon who are his teammates have committed to tech.

Info Wars just opened a recruiting page Vol: 2 of his best friends (Cannon & Dinkins) have both committed to GA Tech. Cannon was committed to ND as a 4star WR. He flipped to GA Tech. Dinkins is a 4 star Saftey that was leaning to FSU. He committed to GA Tech last week. GA Tech is recruiting Warner Robins High School heavily and their HC is going after the group. I have about 15-20 guys that I coached in youth at that school. Those guys are a close group, they been together since they were 5-6 yrs old. The school is loaded, they have played for the 5A state championship every year since Marquez Calloway left. The streak just ended last year. The coach that's smart enough to recruit the group is the one that will get the top players. Right now it's GA Tech.

Insider recruiting Vol: Boys….strap in.

Dream Vol: This is what I've been waiting for. Will be great to see the UGA meltdown!!

Cool it down Vol:

I'm not questioning the optimism, but why is everyone so excited just because one member of the site said Strap in?

Ricky Gervais Vol: They thought he said "strap on".

"Strap in is verfied" Vol: Because that member works with the nil group that communicates with the players

UGA Slam dunk Vol: since the moment IG left his ov from ut, @Ericvol2096 said we are in this. And for some reason people continue to have bvs about any and everything and they are using outdated info from an usc writer to validate their bvs. IG also canceled his fla ov to come to ut last week. Idk if he will come here, but IG is serious about UT. This isnt an uga layup.

Scrappy Doo Vol:
They scared of us
We’re a monster that can’t hardly be stopped when we’re all moving in the same direction
Football program has the potential to be just as good as UGA/bama/osu…..
Our recruiting is picking up yearly

"I haven't had my lunch money in years" Vol: My thing about It being UGA is what can people really say? Like as much as we hate it they’re the current bullies of College football.

"It's in the NIL bag" Vol: Kids like visits, but have it on good authority he gave verbal to staff🍊😁🍊

Fox and grapes Vol: UT has never had many of the "expert" predictions on the services. He may not choose UT, but it won't be because we lost him like many trolls and negas will claim. You can't lose what you never had.

Whiplash Vol:
I just think it’s funny.

“He accepted our terms”

*5 mins later*

Crystal Balls to UGA. lol sorry

"We are principled" Vol: Sounds like he probably liked what he heard from us and told us so. Then UGA upped the offer and he liked that better. We don't tend to get into bidding wars for guys. We make our offer and if a kid wants to be here then they will be here. If they are looking for the biggest bag then this may not be the best place for them.

Baghdad Bob Vol: Idk, lets not panic yet, they probably placed the cb’s because he cancelled the osu visit for uga

Truth Vol: Follow the visits. Makes no difference what he verbally told anyone affiliated with TN. He keeps visiting GA for a reason. Kirby, unfortunately, is the best recruiter since Saban.

Turn out the lights Vol: Damn........Kirby crashed our party quick! Not the first time nor will it be the last time we eat it from that bowl cut savage. 🤣

"It's just awesome to bementioned with Georgia" Vol:
How awesome is it that UT is back in the running in these big-boy recruiting battles against championship teams.

I remember us being told to celebrate recruiting wins not too long ago against teams like Georgia Tech or Georgia State. The level of prospect that UT is in on and getting sometimes is vastly different than some of the classes in the last 10-15 years.

Cliff's notes on IG recruiting thread Vol:
So, to summarize:
1) Experts picking uga
2) IG verbally agreed to Spyre deal
3) We’re back whether he goes here or not
4) He might go to Georgia Tech with his buddies.
5) Everybody thinks they are an insider.
6) Don’t trust anyone who thinks they’re an insider.
7) If he chooses us, it’s about academics, development, and family. If he chooses anywhere else, we came in a close second bc we wouldn’t cheat like the school he chooses.

Insider Vol: No new info at the moment. Georgia didn't get it done this weekend, which is good. We're going to be in this until the end and have gone all in.

"UGA, known for mismanaging NIL and in-fighting" Vol: If UGA pays more and he goes there, what can we do? Let them overspend their money, and cause locker room discontent. We will get the players that we need.

https://allfortennessee.com/2022/11/21/tennessee-football-jeremy-banks-rumors/

Hammer dropping Vol: It's Georgia. Just committed.

We Win! Vol: Made UGA's collective commit a lot more NIL money to him, so still a positive.

"We're the backup QB Stafford's wife dated, not Stafford" Vol: It seems like he just played the NIL game with us. Georgia didn’t have to match the offer. They just had to do enough for him to commit to the school he actually wanted to go to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News