ADVERTISEMENT

Was listening to Clay Travis yesterday and he made what I thought a pretty good point about the debate tomorrow night….

Gfunk20

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2017
He mentioned how Trump is doing really well in the polls and even in the swing states. However, he made this point which had me pondering.

If you’re a Trump supporter or just don’t want Biden to win re-election, wouldn’t you want Biden to have not a disastrous showing at the debate and be okay, not great, not bad but okay? His reasoning was say Biden just absolutely gets shattered tomorrow during the debate (which with him, we all know that is a very real possibility), would the Dems finally cave and push him out as being the Democratic nominee? Then, say they put in Michelle Obama in there or have Whitmer from Mich and the governor of Penn run on a ticket? It would almost immediately help propel them and help them gain some of those maybe fringe/independent voters that don’t like Trump but definitely aren’t going for Biden and maybe close the gap on the polling that is just awful for Biden right now.

Travis mentioned the really three states he thinks that will determine the election are Mich, Penn and Wisconsin. The Big 10 states. Trump got them in 2016 and Biden got them in 2020. They’re most likely gonna determine the outcome of this election he feels. He mentions that if they push Biden out because he just had a disastrous night and they get Whitmer and the Penn governor in the race, the Dems would feel really good about securing those states and going all-in on them and probably would think they’d have a terrific chance to get Wisc.

It’s an interesting point to think about, atleast it got me thinking. I know most Republicans and Trump folks want to see Biden just get crushed in debate but is that actually the best thing for the long run? Do you really want him to look so bad that they (Dems) finally say enough is enough and put someone actually somewhat competent in there. They’re not gonna put Harris in there because she’s just as bad and they know it. Put Michelle Obama or Whitmer as the Dem ticket for the general? They’re curb appeal would instantly go up for a lot of voters that might be hating both nominees but are on the fence with Biden and probably will go to Trump because everything with Biden is such a disaster.

It’s interesting…

Biden had zoned-out moments before the 2020 debates and did ok. He goes senile just before a big event and then does just well enough. He lowers expectations and then gets media buzz for exceeding them. It's an act.

Last edited:
Reactions: poochpup
Yes. And the Pubs need to stop pushing the incompetence angle. Everyone that sees any video of Biden can see within seconds that he is not well and the Pubs don't need to contribute to giving the Dems an out. The Pubs need to push the idea that Biden was well enough to win the democratic primary by securing enough delegates which means he's competent to represent his constituency. If the Dems want to dump him, let them wear the label of ousting a democratically elected candidate.

Last edited:
He mentioned how Trump is doing really well in the polls and even in the swing states. However, he made this point which had me pondering.

If you’re a Trump supporter or just don’t want Biden to win re-election, wouldn’t you want Biden to have not a disastrous showing at the debate and be okay, not great, not bad but okay? His reasoning was say Biden just absolutely gets shattered tomorrow during the debate (which with him, we all know that is a very real possibility), would the Dems finally cave and push him out as being the Democratic nominee? Then, say they put in Michelle Obama in there or have Whitmer from Mich and the governor of Penn run on a ticket? It would almost immediately help propel them and help them gain some of those maybe fringe/independent voters that don’t like Trump but definitely aren’t going for Biden and maybe close the gap on the polling that is just awful for Biden right now.

Travis mentioned the really three states he thinks that will determine the election are Mich, Penn and Wisconsin. The Big 10 states. Trump got them in 2016 and Biden got them in 2020. They’re most likely gonna determine the outcome of this election he feels. He mentions that if they push Biden out because he just had a disastrous night and they get Whitmer and the Penn governor in the race, the Dems would feel really good about securing those states and going all-in on them and probably would think they’d have a terrific chance to get Wisc.

It’s an interesting point to think about, atleast it got me thinking. I know most Republicans and Trump folks want to see Biden just get crushed in debate but is that actually the best thing for the long run? Do you really want him to look so bad that they (Dems) finally say enough is enough and put someone actually somewhat competent in there. They’re not gonna put Harris in there because she’s just as bad and they know it. Put Michelle Obama or Whitmer as the Dem ticket for the general? They’re curb appeal would instantly go up for a lot of voters that might be hating both nominees but are on the fence with Biden and probably will go to Trump because everything with Biden is such a disaster.

It’s interesting…
Only fly in the ointment for dems if that occurs (Michigan or Penn Governor) is what do you do with her. Just don’t think she can be skipped . Regardless, I concur overall, a slight Trump win in the debate is probably the best outcome for him.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

It’s interesting…
Obama is pulling Joes strings now.

I just hope Trump prepped for the debate, not just going to “wing it.”

Biden has been the perfect puppet for the DNC & their quest for 1 party rule. Why spoil it - sure they have plenty of shenanigans up their sleeves prior to election. Interesting time in US history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT