ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the 1st Hockey Game in years Lightning vs Black Hawks and

im4thedawgs

Pillar of the DawgVent
Sep 27, 2007
found it really exciting and entertaining. Constant action, changing players on the fly, hard hitting and NO timeouts. All that and it doesn't even show well on TV. It just goes to show that a hockey game may be low scoring but still has 10 times the excitement of the average soccer match. Agree with the other poster who commented on the European sounding names of U.S. soccer teams. Orlando City? C'mon, even Mickey Mouse couldn't find that on a map.

found it really exciting and entertaining. Constant action, changing players on the fly, hard hitting and NO timeouts. All that and it doesn't even show well on TV. It just goes to show that a hockey game may be low scoring but still has 10 times the excitement of the average soccer match. Agree with the other poster who commented on the European sounding names of U.S. soccer teams. Orlando City? C'mon, even Mickey Mouse couldn't find that on a map.

Both my son's play Ice Hockey. I never watched it or had any interest in in until they started playing. I've never though it really translated to TV, But in person honestly, it is probably the most exciting game to watch live. And really fun to be at. I love football more, but Hockey live is quite an event

The one time the Thrashers made the playoffs, I went to game one, one of the most exciting games I have ever been to, we lost of course but playoff hockey is intense.

No timeouts? They take commercial breaks and teams are allocated one 30-second timeout per game.

No timeouts? They take commercial breaks and teams are allocated one 30-second timeout per game.

True, but in between its non stop action, these guys are in shape and probably the toughest SOBs in most any game. Again, I'm a football guy, but after spending time watching the game live, its really fun. Is soccer on ice I'm told, but I couldn't stay awake as a soccer game, Hockey is brutal and fun

True, but in between its non stop action, these guys are in shape and probably the toughest SOBs in most any game. Again, I'm a football guy, but after spending time watching the game live, its really fun. Is soccer on ice I'm told, but I couldn't stay awake as a soccer game, Hockey is brutal and fun
I'd put it this way: hockey has more and longer stretches of non-stop action than any other sport. There are plenty of stops for icing, offsides, etc.

Some Northern fellow asked me what I thought about hockey. I told him, "I am from Georgia, we only recognize two sports down there, high school football and college football."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT