ADVERTISEMENT

We’re #1 and it really isn’t close....

REEDCREEKDOG

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2002
This is purely FYI. Spare me all the tired posts about how this means nothing because no student has ever died from it and there is no possibility one ever could. Or that this has nothing to do with Clarke County averaging 114 new cases per day over the last two days. I am way past caring that many people simply refuse to acknowledge that sh*t stinks.

This is purely FYI. Spare me all the tired posts about how this means nothing because no student has ever died from it and there is no possibility one ever could. Or that this has nothing to do with Clarke County averaging 114 new cases per day over the last two days. I am way past caring that many people simply refuse to acknowledge that sh*t stinks.

I think we should all kill ourselves.

nyt is a joke

How many are hospitalized?

Pearls clutched so hard right now.

Spare you the facts, so you can just feel good in a rant? Nah. You fail to understand:
  • It's a pandemic ... absent making everyone stay in with all the attendant negative ramifications to health and economics that entails, it's a virus and a virus is going to virus.
  • They are 18-22 year old kids with literally zero chance of dying from the virus, in the prime of their most stupid lives ... 18-22 year old kids simply will do what 18-22 year old kids have always done.
  • This sh*t does stink, but there isn't a damn thing these kids can really do about that that makes a lick of sense.
  • Please research unintended consequences ... you like many others who have your attitude don't seem to understand the lock down solution you advocate for has tremendous health and economic costs (which also leads to health issues). Far worse than what these kid are experiecing.
  • It's a f'ing pandemic ... sh*t happens and your roll with it.
I'm a dad of an 18 year old currently with Covid, and a 21 year old who just got through it, so I have skin in the game.

Oh they’re way undercounting the students in Clark County if that’s all they’re seeing. My son is the only one in his house that hasn’t had it or maybe he has and didn’t have symptoms. That was the case with his brother at UK where they have mandatory tests. Either way, I’m less than concerned about it. Stay out of their way and they’ll burn through it in a few weeks. I’ve told mine not to test for anything in Athens if he tests at all. He can drive up the numbers in East Cobb. I’m more concerned about the crap self taught online educational experience he’s getting.

tenor.gif

What a terrible article. You would think that two words - hospitalization and death - would be vital to an article about COVID and colleges. I did a search ... nowhere in the article did the word "hospitalization" show up. Then, check this crap out ... I searched for "death" ... I mean you would think that would be important, right? Check this crap out ... it shows up once in the article:

"A New York Times survey of more than 1,600 American colleges and universities has revealed at least 88,000 cases and at least 60 deaths since the pandemic began."

Oh, no, 60 deaths. The next sentence in the same paragraph is, wait for it ...

"Most of those deaths were reported in the spring and involved college employees, not students."

And, people wonder why we have doubts about the media, the NYT in particular.

Pretty sad for sure these days to acknowledge the cold hard facts. It’s really unfashionanable.

You have ignored the facts the entire time. If you are scared to death of a mild cold then keep your butt indoors and never come out again. So how many covid hospitalizations are in Clarke County? I am sure you’ll ignore that.

What a terrible article. You would think that two words - hospitalization and death - would be vital to an article about COVID and colleges. I did a search ... nowhere in the article did the word "hospitalization" show up. Then, check this crap out ... I searched for "death" ... I mean you would think that would be important, right? Check this crap out ... it shows up once in the article:

"A New York Times survey of more than 1,600 American colleges and universities has revealed at least 88,000 cases and at least 60 deaths since the pandemic began."

Oh, no, 60 deaths. The next sentence in the same paragraph is, wait for it ...

"Most of those deaths were reported in the spring and involved college employees, not students."

And, people wonder why we have doubts about the media, the NYT in particular.
God forbid that anyone care about people killed by exposure to students. The main thing is assuring that the students have a good time, right?

We may as well have had Jonathan Corwin and John Hathorne running this shit show.

Again, what cold hard facts are you acknowledging? Zero or few deaths, no hospitalizations? Please educate me.
There is really no discrete data on how many students have been hospitalized or how many others have been hospitalized due to contracting it from students. There are tons of accounts on here about students who have it and are having a really hard time. Even the most optimistic projections show student deaths from it. I guess individual cases don’t really matter, though, do they?

Reactions: Tulsa A. Dawg
God forbid that anyone care about people killed by exposure to students. The main thing is assuring that the students have a good time, right?
Let's work through this. Who is being exposed to the students?
  • Classes are online, so the professors have been protected. From someone who is dropping tens of thousands of dollars in tuition for remote classes, I am not happy about that. But, it is what it is ... son no. 2 is sacrificing the experiencing and I am paying the price. Son no. 1 is doing a gap year, that's costing me. That's the way it goes, it's a pandemic.
  • Locally in bars? Guess what, stay out of bars if you are worried about getting sick. How hard is that?
  • Local stores? Go early in the morning when the kids won't be there. Go less often, you can sacrifice that. Wear a mask, I'd be willing to bet that all stores are requiring that.
  • I am assuming you aren't hanging around the sorority houses, so no problem there.
So, who exactly are these people the kids are killing "just to have a good time?"

There is really no discrete data on how many students have been hospitalized or how many others have been hospitalized due to contracting it from students. There are tons of accounts on here about students who have it and are having a really hard time. Even the most optimistic projections show student deaths from it. I guess individual cases don’t really matter, though, do they?
Both my college aged kids have had it. I have skin in the game, do you? How many college kids die each year of all sorts of causes? From the flu? From suicide? Dude, it's life, live it.

There is data on this age range ... it's statistically zero.

Let's work through this. Who is being exposed to the students?
  • Classes are online, so the professors have been protected. From someone who is dropping tens of thousands of dollars in tuition for remote classes, I am not happy about that. But, it is what it is ... son no. 2 is sacrificing the experiencing and I am paying the price. Son no. 1 is doing a gap year, that's costing me. That's the way it goes, it's a pandemic.
  • Locally in bars? Guess what, stay out of bars if you are worried about getting sick. How hard is that?
  • Local stores? Go early in the morning when the kids won't be there. Go less often, you can sacrifice that. Wear a mask, I'd be willing to bet that all stores are requiring that.
  • I am assuming you aren't hanging around the sorority houses, so no problem there.
So, who exactly are these people the kids are killing "just to have a good time?"

@LawDawg86 off the top rope.

@REEDCREEKDOG responds with, “Get off my lawn, young people!”

Since March? This can’t be close to being accurate. Probably just means we’re doing more testing and/or other schools not counting kids off campus.

NYT has revealed itself as a defacto arm of the Dem party and therefore has no credibility.

LawDawg with a pure beat down!
I am merely reporting on where we are, based on what we have done, although sticking with online learning would have clearly reduced the numbers dramatically. There are obviously consequences from any approach taken but we can only deal with the consequences of the approach we took, which are detailed in this report. If you don’t like these consequences or don’t want to acknowledge them, that’s up to you.

Reactions: Tulsa A. Dawg
What is your solution Reedcreek. Pretend your in control and just tell us what would you do?

I am merely reporting on where we are, based on what we have done, although sticking with online learning would have clearly reduced the numbers dramatically. There are obviously consequences from any approach taken but we can only deal with the consequences of the approach we took, which are detailed in this report. If you don’t like these consequences or don’t want to acknowledge them, that’s up to you.
What consequences? Some kids got the virus, it didn’t impact them at all and they stayed at school away from their parents.

Sorry you didn’t get the death you were seeking.

Both my college aged kids have had it. I have skin in the game, do you? How many college kids die each year of all sorts of causes? From the flu? From suicide? Dude, it's life, live it.

There is data on this age range ... it's statistically zero.
Son is at UGA. Most of his friends have had it....... they think. Just lose taste and smell for a week or so. No real sickness. Actual numbers are probably much higher than any reports because many students don’t get tested now to avoid the hassle. They just keep on keeping on.

Reporting what? Cases? Ok...you do realize just because someone has COVID doesn’t mean they are going to die?

Reactions: anon_rk74cn2rd0qzw
Since March? This can’t be close to being accurate. Probably just means we’re doing more testing and/or other schools not counting kids off campus.

NYT has revealed itself as a defacto arm of the Dem party and therefore has no credibility.
Not nearly the credibility of the guy who just admitted on tape that he misled the American people on the seriousness of the Covid threat, right?

Reactions: celticdawg
You keep talking about consequences ... what consequences are there? No or few deaths, no or few hospitalizations? What are the consequences that have you so worried?

As for online learning, almost all schools are doing online learning. Of those that aren't, where are these facts you refer to that teachers are dying?

That's the point many of us are making .... positive cases that don't lead to hospitalizations and death aren't really relevant. As a previous post I made said, they didn't reference either in the article, except in a misleading way. It's almost like you've ignored everything we've learned about this virus the past 6 months. Protect the old and infirm. Wear masks, wash hands, social distance. If you are under 24, live your lives but be respectful. Don't ever lock down the country again without first thinking through all the unintended consequences that will come about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT