ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg We are looking at purchasing a home. One house is in Good Hope, Ga. Need some help from locals.

TravelDawg04

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2004
I’m not familiar with the area. The home is on Highway 83. Is that a busy travel road? I want something way south of me now (I currently live in Henry) or way north of Athens. If I could get away with it, I would move back to Missouri.

Reactions: SuperDutyDawg
Thanks. I was afraid of that. Nice new construction but I got to have some peace and quiet lol.

You lost me on the geography, but pretty sure Missouri is way north of where you are now.
Yeah. I went to college out there. Always said I would move back. Trying to sell it hard but no one is buying it 😆

Reactions: KJones22
I’m not familiar with the area. The home is on Highway 83. Is that a busy travel road? I want something way south of me now (I currently live in Henry) or way north of Athens. If I could get away with it, I would move back to Missouri.
Have a family member that lives there in a new construction. Apparently a good area with good people, very laid back and family oriented.

Good area. Mostly farm land converting to residential along that route. I mean, there’s traffic but don’t get it confused with I85

My grandparents lived in Good Hope. My grandmother still lives there after my granddad died a couple years ago. He lived for the last 45 years or so of his life basically across the street from the house where he was born and grew up in, and where his mom lived.

83 doesn't usually seem to be too bad. Good Hope General store is a gem. Loran Smith wrote about it in the Banner-Herald once.

My grandparents lived in Good Hope. My grandmother still lives there after my granddad died a couple years ago. He lived for the last 45 years or so of his life basically across the street from the house where he was born and grew up in, and where his mom lived.

83 doesn't usually seem to be too bad. Good Hope General store is a gem. Loran Smith wrote about it in the Banner-Herald once.

Don't know that this helps too much, but good to see Good Hope mentioned!

Good area. Mostly farm land converting to residential along that route. I mean, there’s traffic but don’t get it confused with I85
Yeah, I remember when country living started when you crossed the Chattahoochie bridge on Roswell Rd. That horse farm will become a subdivision, and that country store will become a Publix. Go further, but not closer to Macon.

Yeah, I remember when country living started when you crossed the Chattahoochie bridge on Roswell Rd. That horse farm will become a subdivision, and that country store will become a Publix. Go further, but not closer to Macon.
When I was a kid the property in front of my house was nothing but land and cows (1986). Nothing but cheap houses and stores now. I live in Henry. This town is a disaster and we are ready to leave. I’m leaving my business office and here and running it sticky with a iPad/laptop/cell phone. No need to stay.

Find a realtor and let them do the work for you. Tell them what you are looking for and they will do the work.

If you are buying, there should be no charge to you…..the seller pays the commission for both sides in most all states that I know of.

But ask to be sure, not completely sure about Georgia.

Nonetheless, you more than likely will get involved with a realtor at some point. You might as well find someone that represents you and your best interest and not the seller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT