ADVERTISEMENT

We deserve a Florida beat down statement game

fthomasr

National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2015
Leesburg, GA
I live in Lee county. Let me tell you a story.

Last year, our first ever State Championship, we ended up with a record of 14-1. We were 8-0 when we had to go down and play our region foe, Valdosta. We fought a tight game but still lost. 31-28

In school history we have NEVER beat Valdosta. So you can imagine it stung. Again.

So this past Friday night as defending Region/State Champions and undefeated again, 7-0, my 15 year old son and I drive down to our stadium 90 minutes before kick off for a good seat.

It was 28-0 (Lee) with one minute left in the 1st quarter! 49-0 at Halftime! Final score 63-7.

Epic beat down. I'm sure years of frustration from our Coach and kids were all let out. My only wish is that Aubrey Solomon, Nikko Cruz, Otis Reese and others were there to see it.

Valdosta has been playing football since 1913. They have NEVER lost to ANYONE by 50 points. We hung 56 on them.

A statement game for us. As in from now on things are different.

I've been watching as a UGA fan since 1995. The Florida game is always that game where I'm worried due to the history. No matter how good we are.

We need a win this weekend over them that makes a statement. They deserve their comeupins for those crappy years we lost.

I got up this morning to write this post and saw that now Game Day is going to be there?!?

Oh boy even better! Go DAWGS!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News