ADVERTISEMENT

We saw today why Eason shouldn't be annointed the starter..

My thing would be is have a open Qb competition. I'm talking Eason and Grayson and Ramsey. If Eason wins it then you hand him the keys. Say to him don't turn it over. Our first games a pretty managble. Chizik is going to Ecu. I mean if the kid played in Georgia or Texas I garonte you we would not have this conversation. Sharks a born swimming.

It wouldn't be a mistake to RS Eason if He's not ready.
We only know what Schotty got from Lambert and Ramsey, both have the physical ability to be very good SEC level QBs. Who can say Chaney won't be able to bring out the best in one of them ?
My OP is spot on. We saw Eason isn't comfortable under center, that is not being ready to run Our offense in itself. That doesn't mean he WON'T BE ready come September, but it's another reason not to just anoint Him 1st team.

So we RS him in'16, have the same year with Lambert or Ramsey in a transitional year anyways with a new coaching staff then start Eason in '17 and he takes his lumps in '17 and then he'll be ready '18? There isn't a such thing as a 'ready' QB until they have starting experience.

That wouldn't be a mistake to you?

Lambert was a junior with previous starting exp at another P5 school and lacked QB abilities specifically reading Ds and going through progressions. He consistently locked on to the primary receiver and that's it. That IMO has little to do with a poor OC, but has more to do with football IQ, and if he doesn't have that by now, he won't have it next year.

Again, Eason looking 'uncomfortable' under center might have something to do with limited reps with multiple centers and WRs in 1 week of practice.

And what does "running our O in of itself mean?" Do you know what our O scheme looks like going into next year? With a new OC and new O coaching staff???

I

So we RS him in'16, have the same year with Lambert or Ramsey in a transitional year anyways with a new coaching staff then start Eason in '17 and he takes his lumps in '17 and then he'll be ready '18? There isn't a such thing as a 'ready' QB until they have starting experience.

That wouldn't be a mistake to you?

Lambert was a junior with previous starting exp at another P5 school and lacked QB abilities specifically reading Ds and going through progressions. He consistently locked on to the primary receiver and that's it. That IMO has little to do with a poor OC, but has more to do with football IQ, and if he doesn't have that by now, he won't have it next year.

Again, Eason looking 'uncomfortable' under center might have something to do with limited reps with multiple centers and WRs in 1 week of practice.

And what does "running our O in of itself mean?" Do you know what our O scheme looks like going into next year? With a new OC and new O coaching staff???

I

Just an educated guess, but it seems far more likely Eason was uncomfortable under center because He'd NEVER played under center till Saturday.
He made it clear wherever He signed they had to line Him up under center and use play action to get Him experience running the dominant NFL style.
That's not to say We have to use that formation all the time, but a considerable amount of the plays.

Just an educated guess, but it seems far more likely Eason was uncomfortable under center because He'd NEVER played under center till Saturday.
He made it clear wherever He signed they had to line Him up under center and use play action to get Him experience running the dominant NFL style.
That's not to say We have to use that formation all the time, but a considerable amount of the plays.
Dont base it on 1 game

I think you are putting too much stock into how he looked during the AA game which in of itself makes little sense for any position, especially QB.

On the spectrum of when he should play, we are clearly on opposite sides.

Without game time experience, a QB will never be 'ready.'

Our team looks like it has potential to be great in '17. RSing Eason this year would be a tremendous error by CKS.

It's football 101 when you step back and look at it. So say Eason doesn't start game one and we start Lambert or Ramsey, 2 QBs that wouldn't start at any other SEC school besides perhaps Vandy/UK and that's being generous. Once one of them has a bad game, and it's inevitable, the fans are going to grow restless til Eason is in. By then our staff would have wasted time on Lambert/Ramsey with prep and majority snaps in practice. So Eason gets thrust into a game and he will either be amazing or could fail. The pressure of when to start him behind 2 lame duck QBs could be a tremendous distraction for our team and staff, not to mention increased pressure on Eason.

We're implementing a new system anyways, why waste time with a mediocre at best QB with 1 year of eligibility when we can go ahead and bite the bullet and let Eason get invaluable game time experience from the start?

Would love to read your thoughts on that.

I think you are putting too much stock into how he looked during the AA game which in of itself makes little sense for any position, especially QB.

On the spectrum of when he should play, we are clearly on opposite sides.

Without game time experience, a QB will never be 'ready.'

Our team looks like it has potential to be great in '17. RSing Eason this year would be a tremendous error by CKS.

It's football 101 when you step back and look at it. So say Eason doesn't start game one and we start Lambert or Ramsey, 2 QBs that wouldn't start at any other SEC school besides perhaps Vandy/UK and that's being generous. Once one of them has a bad game, and it's inevitable, the fans are going to grow restless til Eason is in. By then our staff would have wasted time on Lambert/Ramsey with prep and majority snaps in practice. So Eason gets thrust into a game and he will either be amazing or could fail. The pressure of when to start him behind 2 lame duck QBs could be a tremendous distraction for our team and staff, not to mention increased pressure on Eason.

We're implementing a new system anyways, why waste time with a mediocre at best QB with 1 year of eligibility when we can go ahead and bite the bullet and let Eason get invaluable game time experience from the start?

Would love to read your thoughts on that.

We're going to run close to the same offense Bobo ran. It's the offense Chaney ran at both Arkansas and Pitt.
We don't know how good either Ramsey or Lambert might be under Chaney and We don't know if Eason will be ready to start.
So, yeah, I think it's an open question as to Who should start, I doubt Kirby will give a bit of thought to whether fans agree or not.
That said, of course there's a good chance JE is ready and the best option.

We're going to run close to the same offense Bobo ran. It's the offense Chaney ran at both Arkansas and Pitt.
We don't know how good either Ramsey or Lambert might be under Chaney and We don't know if Eason will be ready to start.
So, yeah, I think it's an open question as to Who should start, I doubt Kirby will give a bit of thought to whether fans agree or not.
Eson can get the canter issue fixed

Yeah...you don't KNOW what O will be implemented, just like I don't. Who are the starting 5 on the OL? Will Chubb be back? Which WRs will step up this offseason. Who is the #1 WR now that MM is gone? None of these are knowns. A good OC isn't just going to bring in some template O and run it no matter what our strengths and weaknesses are.

If under center is a weakness for Eason, I doubt we see a lot of 5/7 step drop backs in the play book. Chaney will probably run more 3 step and shot gun anyways.

Ramsey isn't even a viable option anymore in my opinion. He completely lost that chance when he let Bauta beat him out when Lambert got benched for the UF game. Ramsey from everything I have read and heard doesn't 1) have leadership abilities and 2) has little interest in game prep. He isn't the 'first to film study and last to leave,' and you can't have a QB like that.

Again this is Lambert's last year. He didn't show any progress last year. He can't read D's, go through progressions and locks onto his primary. Will all that change all of a sudden while learning a new system? Maybe but if I had to take an educated guess; doubtful.

Would Lambert or Ramsey start at any other SEC program, honestly?

Your original OP doesn't make any sense, b/c we simply don't have another option outside of starting a mediocre at best QB who wouldn't start for any other SEC program.

I saw a bit of that game and realized it was Eason playing. He didn't look overly impressive; like he didn't have the pocket poise that Stafford had as a freshman. But yah, it will probably take some time. I really think he should try and redshirt like Murray did. It did great things for Murray. This kid has to realize there is no sure track to the NFL and he needs to take things in stride. Like I said Murray would be a great guy to follow as an example; embrace your situation in Athens and learn what it takes to become a leader.

I saw a bit of that game and realized it was Eason playing. He didn't look overly impressive; like he didn't have the pocket poise that Stafford had as a freshman. But yah, it will probably take some time. I really think he should try and redshirt like Murray did. It did great things for Murray. This kid has to realize there is no sure track to the NFL and he needs to take things in stride. Like I said Murray would be a great guy to follow as an example; embrace your situation in Athens and learn what it takes to become a leader.

Some of these Guys have no idea what They're seeing.
Still, Stafford really needed to RS too. He threw more ints than tds His freshman season.
I think You don't have a QB depth chart, give all 3 QBs plenty of reps and watch how they respond.

Yeah...you don't KNOW what O will be implemented, just like I don't. Who are the starting 5 on the OL? Will Chubb be back? Which WRs will step up this offseason. Who is the #1 WR now that MM is gone? None of these are knowns. A good OC isn't just going to bring in some template O and run it no matter what our strengths and weaknesses are.

If under center is a weakness for Eason, I doubt we see a lot of 5/7 step drop backs in the play book. Chaney will probably run more 3 step and shot gun anyways.

Ramsey isn't even a viable option anymore in my opinion. He completely lost that chance when he let Bauta beat him out when Lambert got benched for the UF game. Ramsey from everything I have read and heard doesn't 1) have leadership abilities and 2) has little interest in game prep. He isn't the 'first to film study and last to leave,' and you can't have a QB like that.

Again this is Lambert's last year. He didn't show any progress last year. He can't read D's, go through progressions and locks onto his primary. Will all that change all of a sudden while learning a new system? Maybe but if I had to take an educated guess; doubtful.

Would Lambert or Ramsey start at any other SEC program, honestly?

Your original OP doesn't make any sense, b/c we simply don't have another option outside of starting a mediocre at best QB who wouldn't start for any other SEC program.

I stand by My OP 100%, I think I nailed it.

I'd rather take lumps with Eason then have 1 year with Ramsey or another year of Lambert and THEN take lumps with eason.

UGA should be very good running the ball. It's not like he's going to have to sling it around right away. Maybe he loses 4-5 games... but I'd rather he get his yips out immediately rather than see a QB wh both cannot perform and is not the future get the snaps.

I'd rather take lumps with Eason then have 1 year with Ramsey or another year of Lambert and THEN take lumps with eason.

UGA should be very good running the ball. It's not like he's going to have to sling it around right away. Maybe he loses 4-5 games... but I'd rather he get his yips out immediately rather than see a QB wh both cannot perform and is not the future get the snaps.

^^^
This exactly. RS Eason means he doesn't play at all in '16, then there will be a learning curve in '17.

No halfway decent coach defines a player based off of one game like the OP has done...let alone an allstar game where the player has a week to learn plays, take snaps and work on timing with multiple players.

I could understand the OP SOMEWHAT, if we had the same coaching staff in place and the same playbook WITH a QB that is above average. However, all 3 QBs will be learning a new system and we know what we have with Lambert/Ramsey. Would be a huge waste of time giving either of them meaningful snaps in practice and in the games when Eason is the future. Lambert/Ramsey wouldn't start at any other SEC school outside of MAYBE Vandy/UK.

Lambert: deer in headlights, can't read D, can't read through progressions, locks onto primary, takes sacks, senior, good arm
Ramsey: doesn't prepare like a QB should, no leadership, can't read D, forces the ball, an INT machine, good-great arm
Eason: unknown with an ELITE arm

^^^
This exactly. RS Eason means he doesn't play at all in '16, then there will be a learning curve in '17.

No halfway decent coach defines a player based off of one game like the OP has done...let alone an allstar game where the player has a week to learn plays, take snaps and work on timing with multiple players.

I could understand the OP SOMEWHAT, if we had the same coaching staff in place and the same playbook WITH a QB that is above average. However, all 3 QBs will be learning a new system and we know what we have with Lambert/Ramsey. Would be a huge waste of time giving either of them meaningful snaps in practice and in the games when Eason is the future. Lambert/Ramsey wouldn't start at any other SEC school outside of MAYBE Vandy/UK.

Lambert: deer in headlights, can't read D, can't read through progressions, locks onto primary, takes sacks, senior, good arm
Ramsey: doesn't prepare like a QB should, no leadership, can't read D, forces the ball, an INT machine, good-great arm
Eason: unknown with an ELITE arm

The bottom line, competition is good, having the starter's role handed to You is bad. While all 3 QBs will have to learn new terminology, Ramsey and Lambert have far more experience and They are older, more developed in general.
The other thing is, there is no down side to putting Eason in the classroom and letting Him develop without undue pressure or risking swelling His head, it's harder to mold a swollen head.

It's not like You're just trading out years for the same result.
Compare Murray and Greene to Stafford. They were red shirted while Staff was thrown into the fire. Stafford had a very bad freshman season, frankly He may have been stunted, though clearly He's doing alright for Himself now.

Can we calm down let all these guys on campus. As rodchester said a lot more to come. Hell a rumor that is gaining legs is Willson and Taylor are working on Davis. To come to Athens. Anthor that is gaining traction is Kyle Davis decomited.

It's not like You're just trading out years for the same result.
Compare Murray and Greene to Stafford. They were red shirted while Staff was thrown into the fire. Stafford had a very bad freshman season, frankly He may have been stunted, though clearly He's doing alright for Himself now.

They all had bumps in their freshman years... be they redshirt or not. We had to take lumps with all of them.

2001 - Greene as a RS Frosh. UGA goes 8-4.
2002 - 13-1
2003 - 11-3
2004 - 10-2

2006 - Stafford as a true Frosh. UGA goes 9-4
2007 - 11-2
2008 - 10-3

2010 - Murray as a RS Frosh. UGA goes 6-7
2011 - 10-4
2012 - 12-2
2013 - 8-5 (probably 9-4 if he doesn't get hurt)

Stafford actually had the best first year of the bunch.

They all had bumps in their freshman years... be they redshirt or not. We had to take lumps with all of them.

2001 - Greene as a RS Frosh. UGA goes 8-4.
2002 - 13-1
2003 - 11-3
2004 - 10-2

2006 - Stafford as a true Frosh. UGA goes 9-4
2007 - 11-2
2008 - 10-3

2010 - Murray as a RS Frosh. UGA goes 6-7
2011 - 10-4
2012 - 12-2
2013 - 8-5 (probably 9-4 if he doesn't get hurt)

Stafford actually had the best first year of the bunch.

That is clever, but a look at stats and actually having watched shows a more accurate picture. We won our last national title in a game Our QB completed 1 of 13 passes and looked every bit as bad. By Your reasoning Buck had the greatest game in UGA history.

The bottom line, competition is good, having the starter's role handed to You is bad. While all 3 QBs will have to learn new terminology, Ramsey and Lambert have far more experience and They are older, more developed in general.
The other thing is, there is no down side to putting Eason in the classroom and letting Him develop without undue pressure or risking swelling His head, it's harder to mold a swollen head.

It won't be just terminology, they will all have to learn a new playbook. Ramsey has nominal experience. How many games has he started, one? Outside of mop up duty, he's green. While Lambert does have experience, what did that experience bring UGA last year? His experience amounted to a hill of beans when he got yanked for the 3rd string QB with zero experience going into our biggest game last year.

Not sure what more developed means. Mentally? Sure they have been in college longer, however, but both play like freshman. Physically? Neither one of them has an elite arm like Eason.

Eason doesn't strike me as a kid that would develop a 'swollen head.' He seems like he comes from a good family and is grounded.

One could make an argument that the pressure will build that much more until he final starts. Say we're getting smoked by OM or UT next year and Lambert/Ramsey are having a bad game. All of a sudden he gets thrust into a bad situation with limited snaps and prep in practice. He'll be fighting an uphill battle at that point. How does the saying go, 'the back up QB is always the hero?'

Hopefully for our program, CKS will do the right thing and get Eason on the field as early and as often as possible. RSing Eason would be a tremendous disappointment.

It won't be just terminology, they will all have to learn a new playbook. Ramsey has nominal experience. How many games has he started, one? Outside of mop up duty, he's green. While Lambert does have experience, what did that experience bring UGA last year? His experience amounted to a hill of beans when he got yanked for the 3rd string QB with zero experience going into our biggest game last year.

Not sure what more developed means. Mentally? Sure they have been in college longer, however, but both play like freshman. Physically? Neither one of them has an elite arm like Eason.

Eason doesn't strike me as a kid that would develop a 'swollen head.' He seems like he comes from a good family and is grounded.

One could make an argument that the pressure will build that much more until he final starts. Say we're getting smoked by OM or UT next year and Lambert/Ramsey are having a bad game. All of a sudden he gets thrust into a bad situation with limited snaps and prep in practice. He'll be fighting an uphill battle at that point. How does the saying go, 'the back up QB is always the hero?'

Hopefully for our program, CKS will do the right thing and get Eason on the field as early and as often as possible. RSing Eason would be a tremendous disappointment.

Chaney runs a very similar offense to what Bobo developed here.
As far as knowledge and technique, Lambert is miles ahead of Eason at this point.
Jacob is a good Kid, He's got good Parents, etc, etc. He is more of a typical 18 year old in many ways than Murray was when He enrolled though. I'm not getting into pointless details, I'm very high on JE, but it would be pointless and potentially damaging to just anoint Him 1st string.
There is no downside whatsoever to letting the depth chart develop over time based on His coaches' judgment.

''The right thing'' for Kirby to do would be to ignore fans' call to start Eason and evaluate the situation as it develops. Whether You're tremendously disappointed or not won't factor into the equation, neither will My opinions.

Last edited:
Chaney runs a very similar offense to what Bobo developed here.
As far as knowledge and technique, Lambert is miles ahead of Eason at this point.
Jacob is a good Kid, He's got good Parents, etc, etc. He is more of a typical 18 year old in many ways than Murray was when He enrolled though. I'm not getting into pointless details, I'm very high on JE, but it would be pointless and potentially damaging to just anoint Him 1st string.
There is no downside whatsoever to letting the depth chart develop over time based on His coaches' judgment.

''The right thing'' for Kirby to do would be to ignore fans' call to start Eason and evaluate the situation as it develops. Whether You're tremendously disappointed or not won't factor into the equation, neither will My opinions.

Lambert wasn't here when Bobo was here and Ramsey didn't play when Bobo was here, so your comparison about Bobo's scheme and Chaney's scheme is irrelevant.

Was Lambert miles ahead of Bauta with knowledge and technique last year? I would say yes, but he still got pulled didn't he. To be honest when you have a below average QB, it wouldn't matter how much knowledge and technique he has if he can't execute and his talent is substantially lower than Eason's.

Sounds like you are back tracking on Eason getting a swollen head-good for you.

You can argue about fans opinions factoring in to a coaches decision if you want to, but we both know it does. Outside distractions and pressures are very real, especially with a lame duck QB and a 5 star QB sitting on the sidelines.

On the spectrum of you saying Eason should RS and me saying he should play soon, which is more likely to happen?

Lambert wasn't here when Bobo was here and Ramsey didn't play when Bobo was here, so your comparison about Bobo's scheme and Chaney's scheme is irrelevant.

Was Lambert miles ahead of Bauta with knowledge and technique last year? I would say yes, but he still got pulled didn't he. To be honest when you have a below average QB, it wouldn't matter how much knowledge and technique he has if he can't execute and his talent is substantially lower than Eason's.

Sounds like you are back tracking on Eason getting a swollen head-good for you.

You can argue about fans opinions factoring in to a coaches decision if you want to, but we both know it does. Outside distractions and pressures are very real, especially with a lame duck QB and a 5 star QB sitting on the sidelines.

On the spectrum of you saying Eason should RS and me saying he should play soon, which is more likely to happen?

You must have a low opinion of Kirby to think fans' opinions will factor into who starts at any position, let alone the single most important one.

No way that happens.

He is very talented, He is also an 18 year old kid.
Plainly put, He didn't have a good game today. That isn't anything to worry about, it happens. I have every confidence He'll be a star at UGA and go on to big things in The NFL.
None of that means handing Him the starter's role would be wise. There is no need to put pressure on Him now.
I'll be surprised if depth chart is even mentioned till well into spring ball. If He's ready to start game 1, fine. If He needs to redshirt, that's fine as well.

There is NO reason to anoint ANYONE a starter on this team. Spring ball and fall camp must be a "survival of the fittest" exercise for all players to demonstrate who is ready to play for a new coaching staff. The new staff is going the wrong direction if they begin to anoint anyone as a starter or even significant contributor at any position without first earning the privilege.........

You must have a low opinion of Kirby to think fans' opinions will factor into who starts at any position, let alone the single most important one.

No way that happens.

Nope, I hold CKS in a high regard. Don't try and deflect, you get my point. If CKS used your logic and stuck with a struggling Lambert/Ramsey next year to RS Eason, there would be an outcry to play the top rated QB in the country. This is common sense.

Funny how you don't answer any of my questions in my replies to your posts.

We both know why.

Was Lambert miles ahead of Bauta when he got benched last year?

Would Lambert/Ramsey start at any other school in the SEC?

Most importantly do you believe Eason will RS or will he see the field early in '16?

Again, as I stated earlier, CKS isn't just going to out of the blue name Eason the starter. He will have to 'earn it' in spring, summer and fall camp.

That being said, next year will be a traditional year for UGA. It makes zero sense to waste anymore time than is absolutely necessary with Lambert. If he hasn't figured it out yet, he's not going to put it together his last year while learning yet another system.

We both know what Ramsey is: a punter (due to work ethic) with a QB arm.

Unfortunately, CMR and Bobo really dropped the ball with QB evaluation and development the past several years.

Nope, I hold CKS in a high regard. Don't try and deflect, you get my point. If CKS used your logic and stuck with a struggling Lambert/Ramsey next year to RS Eason, there would be an outcry to play the top rated QB in the country. This is common sense.

Funny how you don't answer any of my questions in my replies to your posts.

We both know why.

Was Lambert miles ahead of Bauta when he got benched last year?

Would Lambert/Ramsey start at any other school in the SEC?

Most importantly do you believe Eason will RS or will he see the field early in '16?

Again, as I stated earlier, CKS isn't just going to out of the blue name Eason the starter. He will have to 'earn it' in spring, summer and fall camp.

That being said, next year will be a traditional year for UGA. It makes zero sense to waste anymore time than is absolutely necessary with Lambert. If he hasn't figured it out yet, he's not going to put it together his last year while learning yet another system.

We both know what Ramsey is: a punter (due to work ethic) with a QB arm.

Unfortunately, CMR and Bobo really dropped the ball with QB evaluation and development the past several years.

I wasn't deflecting anything. You posted fans would put pressure on Kirby if He didn't start JE. I just stated I don't think Kirby would care what fans thought, I'll start who he thinks gives the team the best chance to win.
As far as the rest of Your post, I've already gone over every point.

Either Jacob will convince coaches He's ready and is the best option before the season starts, or He won't.

That is clever, but a look at stats and actually having watched shows a more accurate picture. We won our last national title in a game Our QB completed 1 of 13 passes and looked every bit as bad. By Your reasoning Buck had the greatest game in UGA history.

Well, I did watch the games.

Stats can be very misleading... I remember the South Carolina game from the stands where Stafford threw 3 picks. But each of them was on 3rd and long and were 40-60 yards down the field... he basically arm-punted 3 times. Your stats might show those as bad decisions... I saw them as very good risks for him to take with very little downside (a pick is the same as punting on 4th down). There were also system changes (UGA was pass happy in 2001 where we ran no-huddle all the time, but never did the same afterwards).

While the stats may suggest otherwise, I'd argue all of them had their worst years as a QB in their first year. The experience of BEING the starting QB was necessary for them to become great QB's. And I think it's better to get that out of the way with early. I wish Murray hadn't been redshirted in 2009... I don't believe having Joe Cox for a year helped either UGA or Murray.

Let's just waight and see I wander if a guy like a Watson comes along I wander. Will Kirby recruit him. I mean while Eason still at UGA use him a wild cat I mean after Eason if your Kirby would you go full spread. After Eason I mean the runing backs we recruit it would pretty tempting. Think about a back like Chubb and Sony. In a spread atack. Would be lethal I mean who knows maybe Smart and Chaney know more than we know. Who knows maybe Eason takes snaps undercenter but a lot of shotgun like they with the pats. Maybe that's what Kirby is doing. I mean think about it hight and size stuff we are indentical to the pats. Think about it Chubb first game Drs and everybody said he will be ready. You know from day 1 of Spring traning Eson will blow our current QBs out the water. Think about this for a second. Kirby is thinking get past nc I don't care what utk says there not back. Flordia talk to lsu guy Frank's is a crud. Heck lsu fans and some Flordia fans thikiing he should switch postions. Who else auburn yea the Gus bus blowing up. I garonte you Kirby knows the Bama denfense front and back hell he knows these guys.

Last edited:
Well, I did watch the games.

Stats can be very misleading... I remember the South Carolina game from the stands where Stafford threw 3 picks. But each of them was on 3rd and long and were 40-60 yards down the field... he basically arm-punted 3 times. Your stats might show those as bad decisions... I saw them as very good risks for him to take with very little downside (a pick is the same as punting on 4th down). There were also system changes (UGA was pass happy in 2001 where we ran no-huddle all the time, but never did the same
Let's just waight and see I wander if a guy like a Watson comes along I wander. Will Kirby recruit him. I mean while Eason still at UGA use him a wild cat I mean after Eason if your Kirby would you go full spread. After Eason I mean the runing backs we recruit it would pretty tempting. Think about a back like Chubb and Sony. In a spread atack. Would be lethal I mean who knows maybe Smart and Chaney know more than we know. Who knows maybe Eason takes snaps undercenter but a lot of shotgun like they with the pats. Maybe that's what Kirby is doing. I mean think about it hight and size stuff we are indentical to the pats. Think about it Chubb first game Drs and everybody said he will be ready. You know from day 1 of Spring traning Eson will blow our current QBs out the water. Think about this for a second. Kirby is thinking get past nc I don't care what utk says there not back. Flordia talk to lsu guy Frank's is a crud. Heck lsu fans and some Flordia fans thikiing he should switch postions. Who else auburn yea the Gus bus blowing up. I garonte you Kirby knows the Bama denfense front and back hell he knows these guys.

afterwards).

While the stats may suggest otherwise, I'd argue all of them had their worst years as a QB in their first year. The experience of BEING the starting QB was necessary for them to become great QB's. And I think it's better to get that out of the way with early. I wish Murray hadn't been redshirted in 2009... I don't believe having Joe Cox for a year helped either UGA or Murray.

Kirby has made it clear He DID recruit Watson very hard and He'll recruit dual threat QBs for UGA.
He'd damn sure be better off with them on His side, He has yet to figure out how to defend Them. Facing one in practice every day would give Him lot's of opportunities to work on the ongoing problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT