Wear. Your. Masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blocker57

Letterman
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2015
Raleigh, NC
If you want to play football this season, we must wear the damn masks. I look like an idiot with one on, but the simple reality is if 70% of the population would regularly wear masks in public, transmission rates would plummet. This isn't word from the guys on tv or the politicians, this is straight from the Emory doctors overseeing the vaccine trial.

With that, the vaccine trial continues to go great. So far it has 100% success with just about zero side effects (I had a slight fever and fatigue the couple of days after receiving the vaccine, but that's all). All of us have antibodies and are theoretically able to fend off the actual virus. We are on the way to getting this crap over; however, the vaccine will not be widely available until closer to the new year.

The recent increase in transmission rates is alarming at best and football is becoming less likely because of it. I realize there are other important metrics such as hospitalizations, deaths, etc. The data on those particular metrics blurs what to believe, and depending on which media outlet you look at, you may see one but not the other. They have their own agenda. I have mine: for us to play football.

There is no doubt the transmission rates are increasing in many communities so do your part. We can't do another shutdown to reduce transmission rates, so the next best thing is to do individually what is necessary. Doctors know a hell of a lot more about this virus and its behavior today than they knew in February/March. They got a lot wrong back then -- today, the effectiveness of the masks is not a question.

The masks do not reduce your chance of receiving the virus from a sick person. The masks do significantly reduce the risk of you transmitting it to someone else.

Wear the damn masks the next few months. Set the example. Play football this Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News