ADVERTISEMENT

What is your greatest western

Movie of all time.......for me it's Shane. What say you.....Go Dawgs!.
The one I used to enjoy watching with my father was The Outlaw Josey Wales. Because I enjoyed it with him, there's a lot of nostalgia around it.
I also enjoyed Lonesome Dove for the same reason.
But my dad never cared for the darker themed Unforgiven. I loved it. I love retribution in westerns.
So that's three answers I guess.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
A Fistful of Dollars
A Few Dollars More

I watched those with my dad and brother growing up.

The Trinity Trilogy

I saw all three one afternoon at the Lucas theater in downtown Savannah with my brother when we were kids.

High Plains Drifter
Outlaw Josie Wales

Once Upon A Time In The West

It had Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, and smoking hot Claudia Cardinale.

When I was a kid, my parents drove us over to the old Montgomery Drive-In in Savannah to see Cat Belue, starring Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin, and Nat King Cole. We were in the old Ford station wagon with the simulated wood on the side. My brother and I were wearing our footy pajamas and had blankets and pillows in the back. I stayed awake as long as I could and watched as long as I could. It was a musical farce and was spectacular.

Apache, the movie.
a78404a4f884f1ef7239456cbe81531d.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I use to reenact the cornfield scene with the footprints to nowhere during b-b gun fights in the woods.....they knew once they saw the footprints to nowhere it was too late.....I was coming up behind them.

That John Wayne movie where he was shot and killed after a camp fire fight with Bruce Dern? Really did a number on me as a kid. I had nightmares about it and once felt the bullet going through my own head as I dreamed about it. I sho nuff didn’t like John Wayne getting killed.
"The Cowboys" I think was that movie. Same as you - Dern gave me the "heebie jeebies" in that movie. :cool:

Can I say Tombstone or is that not an acceptable answer? It’s one of my favorite movies of all time.
giphy.gif
Great movie. Liked "Wyatt Earp" (Costner) as well, but think Tombstone is better. I like just about any Western. Loved the classics already mentioned. Also liked 3:10 To Yuma. "Django Unchained" was interesting (all Tarantino movies are for better or worse :cool:). "Unforgiven" maybe my favorite.

Last edited:
Movie of all time.......for me it's Shane. What say you.....Go Dawgs!.
1) Tombstone - Russell, Elliot, Paxton, all star cast. Great movie.
2) Quigly Down Under- Sellek
3)Any Eastwood movies, any Wayne movies. How about Jerimiah Johnson that one does not play as much today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT