ADVERTISEMENT

What Jere fails to comprehend...

DawgHammarskjold

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
In highly competitive football, everything matters. Most games will come down to less than ten plays that really made the difference one way or the other. I tell coaches and players every game, every week everything matters – how you approach practice, how you get dressed, how you brush our teeth. You must make every single thing matter so that when the ball is on the ground and you have an opportunity to make a play that ball bounces your way most times.

This philosophy has to last every day of the entire year. Food matters, vitamins and supplements matter, grades, parents' attitudes, girlfriends' attitudes all matter. Teams don't win championships; programs win with the help of the school, the city, the state, the fanbase.

Single-minded purpose, focus, dedication make winners. One weak link at any level can sink your ship.

Saban's genius is his ability to demonstrate the required focus to every level from University President to locker room janitor. Saban manages his boss so well that no one even knows who Saban's boss really is.

Coach Smart understands this and is working toward it.

In highly competitive football, everything matters. Most games will come down to less than ten plays that really made the difference one way or the other. I tell coaches and players every game, every week everything matters – how you approach practice, how you get dressed, how you brush our teeth. You must make every single thing matter so that when the ball is on the ground and you have an opportunity to make a play that ball bounces your way most times.

This philosophy has to last every day of the entire year. Food matters, vitamins and supplements matter, grades, parents' attitudes, girlfriends' attitudes all matter. Teams don't win championships; programs win with the help of the school, the city, the state, the fanbase.

Single-minded purpose, focus, dedication make winners. One weak link at any level can sink your ship.

Saban's genius is his ability to demonstrate the required focus to every level from University President to locker room janitor. Saban manages his boss so well that no one even knows who Saban's boss really is.

That’s disappointing because I thought Jere was on board

AAXBZIN.img

Reactions: aadco
That’s disappointing because I thought Jere was on board
He is on board and knows more than most about what is happening. SEC position and NCAA position and no longer has to put up with McGarity.. 65 Tucked

Saban can do it cause he’s at the only institution is us that is sold out to athletics top to bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT