ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg What news site do you use?

cleremont

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2007
Vent heathens,
I am looking for a news site to go to for news. Not shaded opinions.
I used to hit cnn and foxnews to see a blend of what’s out there.
But am hoping that there is something I am not aware of that just reports daily news.

While I know this could be fodder for folks to speak politics, please do not. We’re looking for unbiased news sources (if there are any).

How do you news?

Google News seems to do a decent job of aggregating a number of different sources - for me at least. I like to see a broad variety of perspectives and topics, which the Google machine does a good job of providing. IMHO.

Reactions: UGADawgGuy
Vent heathens,
But am hoping that there is something I am not aware of that just reports daily news.

While I know this could be fodder for folks to speak politics, please do not. We’re looking for unbiased news sources (if there are any).

How do you news?
You can use this media bias map to find the most non-biased news sources.

It appears that NewsNation and Straight Arrow News (SAN) are among the most unbiased. That is, not overly liberal or overly conservative.

Jimmy Dore
Glen Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Breaking points
Any place that does not take money from pharmaceutical companies.

Any news outlet on cable or the mainstream Avenues is most likely lying to you. Look for independent journalist who call out both sides.

Vent heathens,

How do you news?
I just follow 3-year letterman on X. The Declaration of Independence is all the news I need.

• Haha
Reactions: shonuff253
ground news
2nd this. Ground.news
They let you know how factual each article from each media source is and if left, right, or center leaning. You can then click on links to read whichever version of the truth you want.

I find it interesting to read same issue from both sides and see which facts each is twisting or ignoring to fit their viewpoint.

Also has a Blindspot area that lets you know what is not being reported on by a side.

Vent heathens,

How do you news?
Download the Wall Street Journal app. New subscribers get it for like $26/ year.

New York Times coverage Fair, but absolutely not balanced.

Most (but not all) news stories are objective and done well… but the SELECTION of what stories to cover is completely liberally biased.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Vent heathens,

How do you news?
100% of news is biased. I laugh at the suggestions like WSJ and USA Today. All are drug pushing corporate and captured media organizations. BBC is even worse. Drudge even more biased.

I will second that the independent writers are where to go - Greenwald, Taibbi and others on Substack.

The only web news I click on is Citizensfreepress, which has no sponsors and Zerohedge. Some would say they are on the right, but the same some don't believe other news orgs are on the left, so salt to taste.

Vent heathens,

How do you news?
I'm surprised by the responses so far -- I really expected a lot of Fox "News" and "Truth" Social here... :cool:

Reactions: shonuff253
I go to a ton of different places. Try to watch this week with George s weekly. Tends to piss me off, but a good source despite its ideology. CNN, Fox News, cnbc, occasionally newsmax. When I see my folks. Generally if some topics are discussed here I don’t know about I will go down the wormhole to try to learn more about them. Twitter and other places like it are the easiest sources of news. Just always require a bunch of fact checking.

This election if I feel like Trump will win, I will watch cnbc or cnn throughout. Watching madcow squirm is really good tv.

Vent heathens,

How do you news?
Here is a map of media bias. I think the mistake many male is listening to one outlet. That's a disservice to yourself. Find something you know to be true and see how others are reporting on it. You can find their agenda.

AllSides Media Bias Chart

The AllSides Media Bias Chart is an easy way for you to identify political bias in the news so you can be better equipped to navigate our increasingly polarized media landscape.
www.allsides.com

There are actually some good validated journalists / insiders on twitter,

100% of news is biased. I laugh at the suggestions like WSJ and USA Today. All are drug pushing corporate and captured media organizations. BBC is even worse. Drudge even more biased.

I will second that the independent writers are where to go - Greenwald, Taibbi and others on Substack.

The only web news I click on is Citizensfreepress, which has no sponsors and Zerohedge. Some would say they are on the right, but the same some don't believe other news orgs are on the left, so salt to taste.
I subscribe to the Epoch Times it is a little to the right but its opinion page is awesome. It tells you the truth more than the MSM.

alex-jones.jpg

sad,
but true.!?

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Jimmy Dore
Glen Greenwald
Matt Taibbi
Breaking points
Any place that does not take money from pharmaceutical companies.

Any news outlet on cable or the mainstream Avenues is most likely lying to you. Look for independent journalist who call out both sides.
If you like Breaking Points, try The Hill. Similar approach, but better at it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT