ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note What we are hearing (update on injured players)

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
So we were right when we noted that Kendall Milton had some sort of issue. We didn't see him running in the individual drills yesterday but we learned later that he did limited work after the media left. I'd take that as a good sign.

We didn't include a note about Kamari Lassiter the other day because we were initially told he had an issue but it was not a big deal. Then we didn't see him out there yesterday with the cornerbacks. He has an ankle issue but will be back next week, so again, that sort of matches what we were told.

As with Milton or Lassiter or the guys who missed the spring, we tend to make a bigger deal out of it than the coaches. Milton and Lassiter aren't going to forget how to play or lose their spots. But while Georgia gives them lighter duty in practice, other players get the reps in practice. Todd Hartley had a great segment about Brock Bowers getting pissed whenever he had to come out to let other guys get reps. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching it. Hartley's point was that sometimes you need to pull a starter to see what the backups can do. This isn't an attempt to justify injuries, rather I am just noting that they use these setbacks to prepare other players. Look at how Oscar Delp progressed with Bowers out in the spring of 2022.

Watch this :

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News