ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note What we are hearing

Radi Nabulsi

Publisher
Staff
Nov 17, 2003
I was sent some information on testing and tickets and will share that with you. This is from different sources that we normally use but these are different times. My only hesitation is that this seems to be the policy proposal now, and of course that could change 10 times before the first game. So do not take this as written in stone. Still, I figure you all will at least want to know what is being discussed.

The SEC will use a third party testing service to do tests when season starts so no school can fudge the numbers. Testing will start 72 hours before the games and will include 300 people at UGA. No decision yet on what happens if a positive test, how many does it take to cancel a game, etc.

Testing will be done three times a week, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.

The SEC will allow a maximum of 20,000 fans in the stadium with 3,000 of those being students. Tickets will be limited to a maximum of four per game for top donors (although two tickets for one game are also a possible for the non-heavy donor). Most, if not all, will not their get regular seats.

Georgia and Florida will get 10,000 tickets per school for the cocktail party.

Visiting fans will get 500 tickets with more than half of those going to players families.

UGA plans to share the ticket information with fans next week, so again, this is all subject to change before then. Lower level donors will get tickets apparently, just not as many or as often it seems.

We were supposed to find out the other two SEC games for UGA yesterday. I am told the SEC schedules were supposed to been revealed at 6 p.m. But Florida and Bama had issues so the announcement was delayed. Of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News