ADVERTISEMENT

What you should vote on -

Golfin_Dawg

National Champion
May 29, 2001
I've taught my voting age children the one thing they should consider when voting ..... vote on economy only.

We are sheep to the politicians. I've made it expressly clear if you vote because of issues like (but not limited to) : immigration, abortion, climate change, any racism agenda, any sexism agenda, anything right or left *** then you are wasting your vote. Social issues are never fixed. I'm 52 and the same issues I just listed were top of many people's list in 1988. These issues are not meant to be fixed by politicians. These issues are used to get your vote and without them, neither base (right or left) will be solidified. We are fools. Same ol' dance and song year after year after decade. BTW, this is why the swamp hated Trump...he pledged to fix these issues and they were afraid he would. He was not a politician.

And if I'm wrong, please someone list any social issue that has been solved in the last 34 years.

So I urge you, just as I urge my children. Never vote on social issues. Always vote for economic issues.

I don't even think the economy can be fixed right now...it's been screwed up so bad.

I've taught my voting age children the one thing they should consider when voting ..... vote on economy only.

We are sheep to the politicians. I've made it expressly clear if you vote because of issues like (but not limited to) : immigration, abortion, climate change, any racism agenda, any sexism agenda, anything right or left *** then you are wasting your vote. Social issues are never fixed. I'm 52 and the same issues I just listed were top of many people's list in 1988. These issues are not meant to be fixed by politicians. These issues are used to get your vote and without them, neither base (right or left) will be solidified. We are fools. Same ol' dance and song year after year after decade. BTW, this is why the swamp hated Trump...he pledged to fix these issues and they were afraid he would. He was not a politician.

And if I'm wrong, please someone list any social issue that has been solved in the last 34 years.

So I urge you, just as I urge my children. Never vote on social issues. Always vote for economic issues.
Gay men and women are allowed to marry and by law they may now claim spousal rights, including the right to visit a loved one in the hospital. That is a real victory. I can probably come up with others, but I think this is one of the most monumental corrections to American society in my lifetime.*

* Which is not to say that I don't disagree with you on the glacial progress of the American project, or the fact that politicians use these issues to fundraise and to antagonize their constituents and bestir them to vote. I disagree, however, that there is not real equity to be gained in standing up for the basic rights of man - which are the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

Last edited:
Gay men and women are allowed to marry and by law they may now claim spousal rights, including the right to visit a loved one in the hospital. That is a real victory. I can probably come up with others, but I think this is one of the most monumental corrections to American society in my lifetime.*

* Which is not to say that I don't disagree with you on the glacial progress of the American project, or the fact that politicians use these issues to fundraise and to antagonize their constituents and bestir them to vote. I disagree, however, that there is not real equity to be gained in standing up for the basic rights of man - which are the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
Agreed...I should have been more clear. I mean federal elections. Gay marriage started legalization via state legislatures and the Supreme Court. No such US Congress action.

Not for gay marriage but visiting a sick love one, working in hospital for nearly 50 years I saw many cases of that problem . I am a sick person’s advocate for visiting. None of the Democrats complained when love ones had to wait at home to hear their love ones died alone because of Covid. I felt the same way for both, did you ,if not then you want gay marriage for destruction only.

Not for gay marriage but visiting a sick love one, working in hospital for nearly 50 years I saw many cases of that problem . I am a sick person’s advocate for visiting. None of the Democrats complained when love ones had to wait at home to hear their love ones died alone because of Covid. I felt the same way for both, did you ,if not then you want gay marriage for destruction only.
this post doesn't really make sense. I appreciate the honesty and the kindness that I do sense here.

Reactions: shonuff253
Dude that's not ****ing true at all. I've seen more straight, married, Christian men who are sexual predators than gay people. No one of any credibility is trying to normalize that behavior.
It's true.

Dude that's not ****ing true at all. I've seen more straight, married, Christian men who are sexual predators than gay people. No one of any credibility is trying to normalize that behavior.

He would know better than us.

That is a real victory. I can probably come up with others, but I think this is one of the most monumental corrections to American society in my lifetime.*
Promoting a mental illness is a monumental correction?
Interesting.

I am all for any citizen being able to love whomever or whatever they wish. I'm all for gay unions that convey the same benefits and in some cases the same consequences of marriage. I'm just not a fan of co opting the definition of marriage. Let heteros have marriage and let's maybe call a gay male union barried and gay females sharried. Hell, if nothing else, I'd like to know what type of gift to send if Taylor and Lindsey decide to tie the knot if I haven't meet Lindsey.

If a candidate proposes abortion as a legal right, I cannot and will not vote for that person. Anyone who proposes killing human life cannot gain my vote.

So that cuts out voting for Biden, Warnock, Abrams, Ossof, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Pelosi, Schumer, and Harris.

From that point, we can vote on the financial consequence. So then I wouldn’t vote for Biden, Warnock, Abrams, Ossof, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Pelosi, Schumer and Harris.

The lack of respect for God and the sanctity of life seems to go hand in hand with redistribution of taxpayers money to gain a vote for power.

Conscience and God seem to be just an inconvenience when the vote is the thing. And that is what I taught my children to base their convictions on and to watch for when power is desired by a politician.

I am all for any citizen being able to love whomever or whatever they wish. I'm all for gay unions that convey the same benefits and in some cases the same consequences of marriage. I'm just not a fan of co opting the definition of marriage. Let heteros have marriage and let's maybe call a gay male union barried and gay females sharried. Hell, if nothing else, I'd like to know what type of gift to send if Taylor and Lindsey decide to tie the knot if I haven't meet Lindsey.
I don't know man, I think with more than 50% of marriages ending in divorce, gay people getting married and what it's called is the least of society's worries.

Will, so what pushed that decision?
This is an interesting paper on the topic. It is worth the time to read if you are really interested.

Reactions: PotimusWillie
This is an interesting paper on the topic. It is worth the time to read if you are really interested.

About 3/4 of the way through it.

Very interesting with a common theme. The fields of study neglect a creator in the hypothesis. A secular view ignores God’s creation and purpose thereof. Man/woman and the purpose of the family unit to instruct, teach and to understand and mediate conflict.

I say that just to explain my position in this. The Biblical standard regarding the sexes is man and woman. It is a requirement for procreation as the body parts fit accordingly. Sin, the absence of God, allows for abominational acts regarding homosexuality.

There are many things I desire that if no consequence existed, I would do. We are feeling that within our society with people killed randomly daily. If you remove consequence the act is pursued and in some cases relished.

“Rules” without a greater purpose are unenforceable to someone who desires to go outside the rules. Why should abortion be wrong if the basis of the act is just a personal decision? It’s just a rule made by someone who wants to control my body?

We have removed God. So the moral and ethical rules are controlled by those who want something and those who control the rules they can sell to stay in power.

I will finish the article. My response is for the greater conversation, not you and me. We respectfully understand where each of us is coming from.

Without a greater purpose, we will eat ourselves, as God mentions many times in His Word.

Back soon.

About 3/4 of the way through it.

Very interesting with a common theme. The fields of study neglect a creator in the hypothesis. A secular view ignores God’s creation and purpose thereof. Man/woman and the purpose of the family unit to instruct, teach and to understand and mediate conflict.

I say that just to explain my position in this. The Biblical standard regarding the sexes is man and woman. It is a requirement for procreation as the body parts fit accordingly. Sin, the absence of God, allows for abominational acts regarding homosexuality.

There are many things I desire that if no consequence existed, I would do. We are feeling that within our society with people killed randomly daily. If you remove consequence the act is pursued and in some cases relished.

“Rules” without a greater purpose are unenforceable to someone who desires to go outside the rules. Why should abortion be wrong if the basis of the act is just a personal decision? It’s just a rule made by someone who wants to control my body?

We have removed God. So the moral and ethical rules are controlled by those who want something and those who control the rules they can sell to stay in power.

I will finish the article. My response is for the greater conversation, not you and me. We respectfully understand where each of us is coming from.

Without a greater purpose, we will eat ourselves, as God mentions many times in His Word.

Back soon.
The question of the role faith should play in science and science should play in faith is certainly a significant one. I do not see a path to reconcile the scientific method, which is entirely reliant on the observable and repeatable, and any of the world's traditional religions which require faith beyond the observable.

If a candidate proposes abortion as a legal right, I cannot and will not vote for that person. Anyone who proposes killing human life cannot gain my vote.

So that cuts out voting for Biden, Warnock, Abrams, Ossof, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Pelosi, Schumer, and Harris.

From that point, we can vote on the financial consequence. So then I wouldn’t vote for Biden, Warnock, Abrams, Ossof, Mussolini, Stalin, Hitler, Pelosi, Schumer and Harris.

The lack of respect for God and the sanctity of life seems to go hand in hand with redistribution of taxpayers money to gain a vote for power.

Conscience and God seem to be just an inconvenience when the vote is the thing. And that is what I taught my children to base their convictions on and to watch for when power is desired by a politician.
Dude...I agree with you. The point is .... IT DOESN'T MATTER ... more than half of the pubs that say they are against abortion are lying. They don't and won't fix any social issue. They will not fix a voting platform. If you are voting conscience, based on character, don't vote in federal elections. The state levels are starting to get slippery in the same categories.

I don't know man, I think with more than 50% of marriages ending in divorce, gay people getting married and what it's called is the least of society's worries.

I dont think its an indicator of the fall of society but I do think it confuses the language when there is no reason to share a definition of sameness for 3 situations that are clearly different. It's like calling all vehicles trucks and seeing a friend pulling up in a Camry he calls his truck.

Reactions: seatonsdawgs
Dude...I agree with you. The point is .... IT DOESN'T MATTER ... more than half of the pubs that say they are against abortion are lying. They don't and won't fix any social issue. They will not fix a voting platform. If you are voting conscience, based on character, don't vote in federal elections. The state levels are starting to get slippery in the same categories.
In agreement. But I vote to garner the attention of the guy or gal who wants my vote, at least to make them think.

I have to, for respect of what God deems as a mandate, vote for the politician who proposes support for right to life for human conception. God cares not that we pay $5.00 a gal for gas, but he does care about killing people.

The problem with that logic is that it can be screwed up even more.
yea by a certain party lol
its has got worse as the last year has gone on
you talk about sheep
the social issues like you said are for votes and more of the issues listed are one party

what platform do you want for voting ?

The biggest pedo enablers in history was/is....wait for it.......The Catholic Church. But sure it's the gay community that you want to label as pedos
I think most are just tired of this shoved down our throats.

Last edited:
The biggest pedo enablers in history was/is....wait for it.......The Catholic Church. But sure it's the gay community that you want to label as pedos
The pedo’s in the Catholic Church are not exclusive of the gay community. It’s not a question of being Catholic or being gay. It’s gay desires within men in the Catholic Church.

Sins of the flesh are no respecter of church affiliation, club, political party, race, creed or color. You are not just gay or just Catholic.

Same with men/women relations within the priesthood of the Catholic Church. If your vow is celibacy and you venture from that, you have sinned. Sin, in general terms, is doing something you aren’t suppose to do. All sins aren’t rules, sometimes they are personal decisions.

My opinion is that a gay lifestyle is different than being gay. Pursuing a gay lifestyle does not fit the relations of man and woman God ordained. So it is basically saying we are God and we are dictating to Him what we want to do.

We have that right. And can choose the consequence thereof.

Gay friends I have known and currently consider friends, including family members, are people I love and appreciate. But if asked point blank, I would not condemn, but speak eternal truth. Truth is truth is truth.

From my perspective as Christian man who believes we were created to worship God.

Reactions: anon_03j5dr7l9qs90
The pedo’s in the Catholic Church are not exclusive of the gay community. It’s not a question of being Catholic or being gay. It’s gay desires within men in the Catholic Church.

Sins of the flesh are no respecter of church affiliation, club, political party, race, creed or color. You are not just gay or just Catholic.

Same with men/women relations within the priesthood of the Catholic Church. If your vow is celibacy and you venture from that, you have sinned. Sin, in general terms, is doing something you aren’t suppose to do. All sins aren’t rules, sometimes they are personal decisions.

My opinion is that a gay lifestyle is different than being gay. Pursuing a gay lifestyle does not fit the relations of man and woman God ordained. So it is basically saying we are God and we are dictating to Him what we want to do.

We have that right. And can choose the consequence thereof.

Gay friends I have known and currently consider friends, including family members, are people I love and appreciate. But if asked point blank, I would not condemn, but speak eternal truth. Truth is truth is truth.

From my perspective as Christian man who believes we were created to worship God.
"My opinion is that a gay lifestyle is different than being gay."

What does this mean?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT