ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you work while in Athens?

PDX_Dawg

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
May 30, 2001
Montana
I delivered pizza for dominos for about 6 days as a freshman and decided it was more fun to not work. Summer after sophomore year I was in summer school, I think one class, and worked at Franklins Guns, right after they moved from Alps to Atlanta Highway where it is now.

Wild story….the intake process for us acquiring a firearm and logging it worked only if folks were honest and it wouldn’t pass any type of controls test. Our copy of the paperwork was rolled up and stuck in the trigger guard and the gun was put behind the counter. When we got a few piled up someone would take them and place them in the back, where we would fill out the paperwork in the log book. Until that logging happened, the only piece of paper showing that we bought the gun was with the gun in the trigger guard.

Anyway, after I had been there maybe 3 months Mr Franklin called me into his office and said that someone has been stealing guns, and this other gentleman was with the GBI and they had some questions…intimidating but I had nothing to do with what was going on so I that was the end of it for me. Turns out one one the guys was grabbing the gun and paperwork before it was logged, taking the gun and the only record of our purchase of that gun. He then sold them on the black market and the GBI got wind of it. The asshole stealing the guns once told me one time how easy it would be to steal guns but I thought nothing of it at the time. GBI guy said he was likely trying to recruit other people to see if they took the bait and sounded interested. He recruited some other dumbass and they were both arrested, both probably around 20 years old at the time.

That was a great summer school job…lots of fun.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News