ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Where to Live in Atlanta Burbs?

A Tale of Two Dawgs

Importer/Exporter of Natties
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
After a long period in exile, I am returning to the great State of Georgia. I have flexibility on where to live, key considerations are: proximity/ease of getting to the airport (fair amount of business travel in normal times so 30-40 minutes is outer limit); good schools (still have one in high school); and spacious houses. Commuting is a non-issue and for that reason and others, I have a strong preference for being OTP. I have family in Macon and Augusta and South Georgia but anything in Atlanta is probably close enough. Tell me what places you like and why you like them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
After a long period in exile, I am returning to the great State of Georgia. I have flexibility on where to live, key considerations are: proximity/ease of getting to the airport (fair amount of business travel in normal times); good schools (still have one in high school); and spacious houses. Commuting is a non-issue and for that reason and others, I have a strong preference for being OTP. I have family in Macon and Augusta and South Georgia but anything in Atlanta is probably close enough. Tell me what places you like and why you like them.

Thanks!
Do a search as there are tons of threads on this topic.

That being said, draw an east west line from Suwanee to woodstock and take your pick of any of those towns and you’re good

I made my peace that I was never going to get home, and truth be told, I'll miss Northern summers. But this year more than ever made me miss my people.
I’m with you man. I love my job and there’s not much for me to do back in Georgia. But this year has been tough on us too. Esp after having the little one. The pull back home has been strong

Can you do it remotely?
Not in my current role. I could probably take a cut and do field service engineer type job depending on if we have customers in the SE. Right now I’m just waiting on my stock to vest and then I’ll reevaluate. The closest I’m expecting is NC if I make the move back to the south

I largely eliminated anything up that way because the airport trip is so variable from my memory of old. What's it like these days?
I moved from there in 2014 but still have family there. Honestly the airport was always easy from there . Go 75 S 3-4 exits then 285 West straight to airport. 35 minutes with average traffic.

Not in my current role. I could probably take a cut and do field service engineer type job depending on if we have customers in the SE. Right now I’m just waiting on my stock to vest and then I’ll reevaluate. The closest I’m expecting is NC if I make the move back to the south
I like NC. Gave that serious consideration.

I largely eliminated anything up that way because the airport trip is so variable from my memory of old. What's it like these days?

I retired 4 years ago, but from East Cobb to airport parking was 45 minutes. I’m not traveling in rush hour though. Right now, though, there is no rush hour. I’d stay out of Fulton because of taxes, but thats just me.

After a long period in exile, I am returning to the great State of Georgia. I have flexibility on where to live, key considerations are: proximity/ease of getting to the airport (fair amount of business travel in normal times so 30-40 minutes is outer limit); good schools (still have one in high school); and spacious houses. Commuting is a non-issue and for that reason and others, I have a strong preference for being OTP. I have family in Macon and Augusta and South Georgia but anything in Atlanta is probably close enough. Tell me what places you like and why you like them.

Thanks!

Peachtree City is really the only answer. Good schools, good housing options, 30 min to the airport.

MARTA isn’t my favorite but it does go straight into Hartsfield from North Springs station.

Rush hour trips to the airport are going to be tough if you are going through the connector.

I sell real estate throughout the metro but live and do most of my work intown

Spacious homes and good schools mean something a little different to everyone so I am interested to see what folks have to say.

I’ve felt for a while that Sandy Springs area is undervalued relative to location and value.

Thanks!
Brookhaven

MARTA isn’t my favorite but it does go straight into Hartsfield from North Springs station.

Rush hour trips to the airport are going to be tough if you are going through the connector.

I sell real estate throughout the metro but live and do most of my work intown

Spacious homes and good schools mean something a little different to everyone so I am interested to see what folks have to say.

I’ve felt for a while that Sandy Springs area is undervalued relative to location and value.
I'd really like to avoid traversing the connector during rush hour. That's probably no bueno.

Reactions: GrantParkDawg
On a Saturday at 5:30 in the morning, I can get to the airport in 30 minutes from east Cobb. As a resident of east Cobb, I can strongly not recommend it for anything outside of schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT