ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your horse?

I was told once, you don’t go with the favorite but you pick one around 12-1

Need some KY Derby betting advice.
I hope you listened. He was 18-1. You may not vote worth a shit, but you know who to come to for advice now. :)

200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: celticdawg
My wife and I did a small wager on the Derby: with such a big field, we each picked five horses. After the race, we would have tallied who had the best picks, add up the order of finish of our horses, whoever has the smallest number wins the bet ($5).

We flipped a coin to see who'd draft the first horse. I won the flip, so I picked the Fierceness. She picked Mystik Dan with her first pick. Long story short, of her 5 horses, she picked the top 3 finishers.

It's probably a good thing I don't live in a state where betting is legal. But I do have one bet down right now, and if I lose it, I'm never gonna bet again ever. It's a sure thing: when we went to Biloxi in February, I took the under on Braves winning 102 games in the regular season.

Reactions: zingerdawg
My wife and I did a small wager on the Derby: with such a big field, we each picked five horses. After the race, we would have tallied who had the best picks, add up the order of finish of our horses, whoever has the smallest number wins the bet ($5).

We flipped a coin to see who'd draft the first horse. I won the flip, so I picked the Fierceness. She picked Mystik Dan with her first pick. Long story short, of her 5 horses, she picked the top 3 finishers.

It's probably a good thing I don't live in a state where betting is legal. But I do have one bet down right now, and if I lose it, I'm never gonna bet again ever. It's a sure thing: when we went to Biloxi in February, I took the under on Braves winning 102 games in the regular season.
I used to enjoy the dog track in East Boston, Wonderland. You can see the remnants of it in that so-so movie Spencer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT