ADVERTISEMENT

Will be unpopular. And I hope im wrong

Gunterbrian16

National Champion
Dec 13, 2017
But Mullen concerns me. I know he's a douche. And another word that starts with a d. And his recruiting is below average. But he will get talent. In that stat. And I think he is a good coach. Now I think we win this year. But I don't think it's a slam dunk. And if he gets some slightly better players, jax may get interesting. Flame away

Reactions: TivoliDawg
But Mullen concerns me. I know he's a douche. And another word that starts with a d. And his recruiting is below average. But he will get talent. In that stat. And I think he is a good coach. Now I think we win this year. But I don't think it's a slam dunk. And if he gets some slightly better players, jax may get interesting. Flame away

Mullen rarely beats a team worth a shit. We're going to demoralize them.

Have you watched Florida this year? Serious question. They have looked nothing like a well coached team. Sloppy, undisciplined and lucky not to be 2-2.

They barely beat Miami. They will say that was an instate rival and miami played their hearts out. They should have lost to kentucky! Beating a bad tennessee team in the swamp is nothing spectacular. I would think we will beat tennessee worse in knoxville Auburn is going to dominate that OL of theirs. They could go on a 4 game skid which is very likely. Losing to auburn,lsu,us, and missouri.

His team has ZERO discipline. That will catch up with them in the long run.

Hope y'all are right. Like I sai. They are 4 and 0 with subpar talent. They played us close( for a while) last year and beat an lsu team that destroyed us. They killed Tennessee with a QB who hasn't started a game since 9th grade. I really hope im wrong on this one

Reactions: TivoliDawg
Just to be clear im not saying they will be kings of the east. But a clear number two that could plays tough

Hope y'all are right. Like I sai. They are 4 and 0 with subpar talent. They played us close( for a while) last year and beat an lsu team that destroyed us. They killed Tennessee with a QB who hasn't started a game since 9th grade. I really hope im wrong on this one

It took Tennessee a late score to make it a one score game against Ga St.

They don’t have “subpar talent”. They just don’t have elite talent. They’re usually between 8-12 in the recruiting rankings. It isn’t like he’s coaching UCF or Boise.

Plus, they’re 4-0 with wins over 3 schools that aren’t worth a damn and a Kentucky team that everyone seems to have overestimated. Again, it isn’t like they’ve played 4 top 25 teams

Ok again I hope your all right. I am one of the few that thought nd would be close. Maybe this time im wrong

I think Kirby (as most dawg fans do) hates UF more than anyone else. Mullen has been taking shots at Kirby since we beat them last year. This won’t be a nail-biter.
Yeah he might take the brakes off for y’all on this one.

They played us close( for a while) last year

Not meaning to be disrespectful to you, but this comment cracks me up every time someone posts it. We're supposed to think Florida is dangerous because last year's game was close "for a while."

Florida scored on their first possession of the second half. From that moment on, we outscored them 23-3, and we beat them by 19.

The only reason people sweat that is that we had beaten them 42-7 the previous year.

If Florida beats us, I'll give Dan Mullen credit. But I don't see it. Kirby has spoiled us with too many blowout wins.

That was one exampl. Also them beating lsu(the team that destroyed us last year.) Im notnot saying they are there yet. Im just saying they can be a problem if he gets a few more players imo

That was one exampl. Also them beating lsu(the team that destroyed us last year.) Im notnot saying they are there yet. Im just saying they can be a problem if he gets a few more players imo

I'm even less impressed with comparative score analysis than with the myth about the close game. I mean Western Michigan beat Georgia State 57-10, and Georgia State beat Tennessee. Does that mean Western Michigan is better than Tennessee?

OK, that was a bad example...

In all seriousness, we can play the comparative score game in lots of different ways. Compare the Dawgs and Gators against Missouri. Or Kentucky.

GA State beat Tenn., in Knoxville, that is all you need to know.

Reactions: DonutDawg

You should have watched Florida play Miami and UK earlier before posting

Like it's already been said, beating tenn means nothing. Not only are they historically bad on the field (worse than any Butch Jones teams) they're mentally gone as well. Fulmer is prowling around waiting to fire Pruitt and the team probably knows it. Their fans think they're trash.
They have zero positive momentum. There is nothing impressive about uf beating them this past weekend, they are mentally checked out already.

Reactions: TimberRidgeDawg
Florida's run game is non existent, Trask will struggle vs a legit defense, watch closely how he plays vs Auburn. They're a top 25 team, not a top 10 team.

Notre Dame was the best team we'll see the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: dawgs1977
GA State beat Tenn., in Knoxville, that is all you need to know.

Beat them soundly in Knoxville. tenn's last scoring drive was beyond meaningless, the game was already over so the game wasn't even as close as the score indicates.

Im not basing this on one game. Im not even saying this year. But again. Eventually I think he may be a problem

We are light years ahead of them talent wise, but i will say this, if we play the same way offensively against Florida like we did against Vandy and Notre Dame, it will be a very close game, a game that i still think we win because our D will carry us, but we have averaged 25 points against the only two real teams on our schedule, Vandy and ND, scoring just 5 TD’s combined while kicking 6 FG’s, Florida has much better talent on D than both those teams. Our passing game is very unsophisticated predicated on M2M coverage and having to throw a damn near perfect pass into an extremely tight window the majority of the time. We better develop a vertical passing game that opposing D’s have to respect, or we will see more of Swift trying to make something out of nothing due to a stacked line.

Last edited:
I'm even less impressed with comparative score analysis than with the myth about the close game. I mean Western Michigan beat Georgia State 57-10, and Georgia State beat Tennessee. Does that mean Western Michigan is better than Tennessee?

OK, that was a bad example...

In all seriousness, we can play the comparative score game in lots of different ways. Compare the Dawgs and Gators against Missouri. Or Kentucky.

The comparative score thing should’ve died out in 2014.
UGA/Mizzou: 34-0
Mizzou/UF: 42-13
Which means UGA/UF should’ve been 77-13

Reactions: LowerEastSideDawg
I did not miss there game with missou. Or the one with lsu. The team that beat us. I guess we will see.

We are light years ahead of them talent wise, but i will say this, if we play the same way offensively against Florida likes e did against Vandy and Notre Dame, it will be a very close game, a game that i still think we win because our D will carry us, but we have averaged 25 points against the only two real teams on our schedule, Vandy and ND, scoring just 5 TD’s combined while kicking 6 FG’s, Florida has much better talent on D than both those teams. Our passing game is very unsophisticated predicated on M2M coverage and having to throw a damn near perfect pass into an extremely tight window the majority of the time. We better develop a vertical passing game that opposing D’s have to respect, or we will see more of Swift trying to make something out of nothing due to a stacked line.

We beat them by 17 last year and every gator I know said it was a close game and they were pleased with Mullen's progress. Expect a similar response from gators, the only way they meltdown is if it's another 42-7 drubbing.

You should have watched Florida play Miami and UK earlier before posting

Somehow this meme got created that Mullen is some great coach and gets a pass because he coached at Miss St. I think they say that because he has a terrible record against ranked teams and is a crap recruiter so there must be some reason to justify giving him the job other than having Dak Prescott as his claim to fame. Probably the best win of his career was that Peach Bowl win against a completely disinterested Michigan team. Not to mention, he's gotten his last two starting QBs killed running them.

Seems to me he's doing more to drag Florida down to Miss St levels at this point. He spent 9 years at Miss State without a lifeline for a reason. Florida hired him because the Florida AD was his AD at Miss State and there was nobody else.

I'll give him this much... he's better than Pruitt.

We beat them by 17 last year and every gator I know said it was a close game and they were pleased with Mullen's progress. Expect a similar response from gators, the only way they meltdown is if it's another 42-7 drubbing.
We were losing early in the 3rd quarter last year, luckily their top secondary guys went down and Jake was able to exploit that, i think its going to be tough sledding offensively against them this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT