ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Note WR Recruiting

Blayne Gilmer

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2020
Not all news is good news. Not all trends are good trends. @DonutDawg will enjoy the transparency of this post. Let’s get to it.

At this point, I do not see the following receivers ending up at Georgia. This is based off multiple sources close to the recruitments, on both sides of the equation.

Smith seems to be fully entrenched with Ohio State. As long as Hartline is in the picture for the Buckeyes, Smith signs with them.

Coleman‘s recruitment is one that has been described as being very volitile and unpredictable. Feels like one that is moving away from Athens.

Matthews is a player that Georgia has made a priority. Several people at the visit this weekend said Matthews is like a “closed book”. Not much excitement or emotion.Feels like he’s bound to be elsewhere. Despite a good OV, there is not much confidence being espoused by sources of UGASports. It’s not impossible and of the three I’d give Georgia the best chance with Matthews. Just not likely at this point.

The 3 receivers that UGASports has reason to believe Georgia has the best shot with are the following.

Georgia feels really good about the receivers it has committed. I’ve had people express to me belief that Ny Carr is a top 2 wide receiver in 2024 and a guy that can be a WR1 in Athens. Sacovie White has drawn comparisons to Kearis Jackson with his toughness and explosiveness. Nitro Tuggle is raw and the consensus among people I’ve talked to is that he’s not close to tapping into his potential yet.

All that is said to point out that Georgia is in position to be selective. Relationships with Wingo, Jefferson, Ragins, and of course the three prospects listed earlier as unlikely to land at Georgia, are being nurtured. Wingo has the best relationships and most connections to a Georgia at this point. Everything had to fit on both sides.

Lastly, as the cycle goes on I would not count out Georgia working to flip a receiver (other than Smith, that attempt will not stop into the ink is dry).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News