ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Zero Turn Mower purchase experience

orangeisgay

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2004
So, my wife and I cut our two acres together, I have my areas of responsibility for cutting and she has hers. I used to to it all myself but she wanted to get involved and it also cuts down the time so we get out there on two riding mowers and get it done in about an hour and a half. We have cut the grass with a 2015 craftsman 42 inch riding mower (hers) and a Snapper 46 inch (also a Husqvarna mower) and we do pretty good. I jacked up part of my mower because I hit a root and the blade got caught in it and now the mower cuts lower on one side so now it will be in the shop for a while as mower shops are slammed this time of year. We have talked about getting a zero turn mower to cut down time even more because in the hot months we have to wait till so late in the day to avoid the heat, plus we would like to own more property and will need bigger mowers down the road. Anyway I have been looking at zero turns for a long time and I have had preferences on what I want as far as a motor, hp, rear tire size, comfort and brand reliability and type of deck. Was interested in a 50inch Toro and with My Ride due to lower back issues, but the price was $5k with tax and also the availability of it was an issue. I decided on the Cut Cadet Ultima ZT1 50 inch with the fabricated deck and 23hp Kawasaki engine, love the look of the mower and the reviews were mostly outstanding. Price was great, plus home depot card was giving you $200 off and zero percent financing so I opted for that route since it's been hard to get any money off mowers ever since covid. I ordered it and it was supposed to get delivered the next day which was exciting (Saturday) but the window of delivery was 6am to 8pm which is an insanely wide window which means you are most likely stuck at your home all day waiting. Around 1pm I decided to call Home Depot customer service and see where we were at and if they could give me a tighter window. When I called the lady was incredibly nice, she worked hard to get me the answer but she alerted me that the mower would be coming from the local store. I asked her if it was going to be coming in a crate or one of the ones that was already on the floor and out in the weather and she confirmed that it would be one from the floor thats been sitting in all the heat and pollen and rain etc. I had her cancel the order to which she understood as I told her that I wanted a new mower out of the box delivered to my house (I dont mind the minimal assembly involved). Anyway the lady helped me re-order, and she ended up getting me $250 dollars off instead so I ended up with more off the price which was nice and we are looking forward to getting it. The only down side is that it will arrive on the 11th so a bit of a wait but it we are fine with it. I guess I learned that you have to pay attention to ship from factory vs ship from store when ordering online. I just assumed that if I ordered online it would be coming from the warehouse anyway, but thats not the case.

Reactions: JTDawg81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News