ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE 2024 WRs

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021
As we know, Georgia has two receivers committed for 2024 in Ny Carr and Sacovie White. I think the Bulldogs are taking at least 2 more and potentially three at that spot. At this point, it seems like the remaining targets can be broken into two tiers.

This is tier one, the stud guys at the top of the board.

I've still got Bolden up here even though he very well might end up at safety at UGA. Georgia is pursuing him hard either way and likes the position it's in.

Matthews has been building a strong bond with Bryan McClendon since he took the job. His recruitment is still fairly young having really just blown up this spring. Every time I've talked with him he's mentioned that it means a lot that Notre Dame got in early. We'll see if that keeps playing a role with Clemson and others getting involved.

Ragins is the speedster who also has track in the equation for his future home. Georgia and Ole Miss have been two schools we've heard a lot. I could see him being committed even before next summer.

Miller is the newest to the scene, but he's been to Athens and likes what he hears from the UGA staff. The Texas schools and LSU are getting in here as well. Return visits in the spring could really help get some clarity in this one.

This is tier two. These guys are being targeted as well, just not as much as the guys up top.

I almost put Solomon in the first group. He's a really, really good player out of Schley County. If he ends up in Athens it could only help in pursuit of his brother Zayden Walker, one of the top edge guys in the 2025 class. Georgia already sat high on his list, and that was before he told Ryan Wright that UGA moved up after he attended the Tennessee game.

Anderson earned a Georgia offer after dominating at a UGA camp over the summer. He hasn't been able to return to Athens for a visit yet. This recruitment might pick up some more steam if and when that happens.

Jefferson, however, has made multiple visits to Athens this season. He has a close relationship with Will Muschamp due to Muschamp's younger son going to the same school. He's a guy that could play multiple spots on the offense. Jefferson is currently committed to Tennessee for baseball.

BJ Gibson is also pledged to the Volunteer baseball program. He's an in-state guy that has been in Athens a couple times.

Still plenty of time for the board to change, guys to emerge, guys to fall off, etc. But that's where I think things stand as of now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News