ADVERTISEMENT

Climate change is no joke.

My guess is that neither side really knows that much about how much humans affect temp. Bottom line clean energy is great so long as it is cost effective. I don’t mind government inventing research and behavior leading to cleaner energy. The problem is when they mandate it even when it isn’t cost effective. We will be an oil consuming planet for a long time like it or not and we need to act accordingly.

My guess is that neither side really knows that much about how much humans affect temp. Bottom line clean energy is great so long as it is cost effective. I don’t mind government inventing research and behavior leading to cleaner energy. The problem is when they mandate it even when it isn’t cost effective. We will be an oil consuming planet for a long time like it or not and we need to act accordingly.
If government is "inventing research and behavior" there is no other final outcome but mandating it.
Government has no authority to do such things under the Constitution.
Private enterprise has always jumped into action when a legitimate need is exposed because where there is need, there is opportunity.
Government should not be anywhere close to leading the way. The people lead the way. The government maintains a standing defense and keeps order.

Republicans own boats, democrats do not. And why is the lake that difficult to fill? Is the water taller at one end?

Look at Lake Mead, half the damage to the water level was done by the people in charge

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rdixon1
If government is "inventing research and behavior" there is no other final outcome but mandating it.
Private enterprise has always jumped into action when a legitimate need is exposed because where there is need, there is opportunity.
Government should not be anywhere close to leading the way. The people lead the way. The government maintains a standing defense and keeps order.
Meant to say “incenting”. Creating an incentive

Before you know it it'll be in the 90's. We're doomed I tell ya, we're doomed.
Ha ha. The first heat wave the news reports will read, “record temperatures”. There is always a record somewhere and we haven’t been keeping accurate records of weather that long. Truth is, the earth may be in a warming pattern but it is always in either a warming or cooling pattern. This was true long before man.

Ha ha. The first heat wave the news reports will read, “record temperatures”. There is always a record somewhere and we haven’t been keeping accurate records of weather that long. Truth is, the earth may be in a warming pattern but it is always in either a warming or cooling pattern. This was true long before man.
God controls our climate not some commie government in Washington DC.

Climate Change was a ploy to send US MFG to China. Thank Gore/Clinton for the first to start taking Chinese cash. Green Party is just another name for the Blue Party - whoops Red Party.

Faux climate change and the WHO (not the British rock band) is the vehicle to get to a one world government.
Pete still should not have destroyed all those guitars! People had to make more to keep up guitar stock, which caused more climate change. It takes awhile for the change back to normal. But mainly the world leaders lying to force us to do without and make their lives easier.

It's all about control. These insane groups are funded by dempcRATs who are in turn funded by the global elite to keep the drum beat constant. Young people growing up don't realize it's a brain washing campaign They hear it every single day and accept it as true because they have no life experience to draw a different conclusion from.
We have had the coolest winter in my 15 years in Florida. But you don't hear a word about that.

You need to watch "Climate: The Movie" on YouTube. It explains it very well about how the whole climate change is a scam.

Reactions: stray
If you look at the data for the water temperature, they were changed by EPA to water treatment discharge locations. Of course, the water will be warmer there. You can easily find this data on gov geospatial databases. A lot of the air temperature data was changed to airports as well. No one looks at where the actual data comes from. People just take the headline as a fact.

Reactions: Whosyodawgy
This is just false. Government lead research has a long history of making breakthroughs that private industry simply wouldn't have invested in as it is too risky.

This is just false. Government lead research has a long history of making breakthroughs that private industry simply wouldn't have invested in as it is too risky.
Great. Give up some examples.
I know government footed the bill for big pharma's covid development so that they ended up with zero r&d cost for the vaccine. But what else?

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Great. Give up some examples.
I know government footed the bill for big pharma's covid development so that they ended up with zero r&d cost for the vaccine. But what else?
Not my job to educate you. How about you read NIH and NSF (hell add DARPA too) research reports. These government organizations have funded a myriad of basic research that has led to many important discoveries that have then been used by private industry to improve the lives of Americans (and ultimately the world) and also make a ton of money. USDA has done similar with more applied research to benefit agriculture.

Hell, who do you think funded the human genome project? The knowledge gained from this will be impact disease prevention, treatment, and eradication efforts for the remainder of time. It is just willfully ignorant to say that the government shouldn't lead the way in scientific discovery and should only provide defense and keep order. FYI, an overwhelming majority of scientist (like almost all of them) don't work for the government. There is no nationwide conspiracy by scientists.

Not my job to educate you. How about you read NIH and NSF (hell add DARPA too) research reports. These government organizations have funded a myriad of basic research that has led to many important discoveries that have then been used by private industry to improve the lives of Americans (and ultimately the world) and also make a ton of money. USDA has done similar with more applied research to benefit agriculture.

Hell, who do you think funded the human genome project? The knowledge gained from this will be impact disease prevention, treatment, and eradication efforts for the remainder of time. It is just willfully ignorant to say that the government shouldn't lead the way in scientific discovery and should only provide defense and keep order. FYI, an overwhelming majority of scientist (like almost all of them) don't work for the government. There is no nationwide conspiracy by scientists.
Damn! A little slaty toady are we? If you offer up some news like that, prepare to link your sources.
You one of these trust your government kind of guys? They have NEVER done anything nefarious or hurt other human beings, right? Ask our Native American citizens how our government treated them.

Reactions: deadduckdawg

Why how absentminded of me! You are so right. It was NIH that funded gain of function research at Wuhan. What would the world be without that breakthrough.

Reactions: Dawgfan1966
Why how absentminded of me! You are so right. It was NIH that funded gain of function research at Wuhan. What would the world be without that breakthrough.
Great response, lol. We wouldn't have commercial aircraft or anything requiring a microchip without government funded research. Hell, we wouldn't even have lactose-free milk. Feel free to put your head back into the sand of ignorance.

Great if you say so, but where is their Constitutional authority to do so?
I'm not a constitutional scholar, but I believe this generally is attributed to Article 2, Section 2, Clause 2. Also, I think the constitutional authority of congress to create and oversee Governmental Departments is pretty well established by you know...CONGRESS, as the directors of these departments require Senate approval and the House and Senate vote on bills to fund these departments.

Damn! A little slaty toady are we? If you offer up some news like that, prepare to link your sources.
You one of these trust your government kind of guys? They have NEVER done anything nefarious or hurt other human beings, right? Ask our Native American citizens how our government treated them.
I never said our government is perfect (far from it). The government has had bad actors at all levels and I'm well aware of how our government has poorly treated native peoples and other minorities. It has also done a lot of good and I generally believe that most government employees from the FBI to the USDA are well intentioned, even if they aren't as efficient as we would all like them to be. The government has problems, it always will. However, I don't believe the solution is to burn it to the ground. I've traveled the world enough to know that while our system of government is imperfect, it is far better than the alternatives.

Great response, lol. We wouldn't have commercial aircraft or anything requiring a microchip without government funded research. Hell, we wouldn't even have lactose-free milk. Feel free to put your head back into the sand of ignorance.
See now you're just talking bullshit. I worked for the Defense Department in the semiconductor field exposing China's and other "green lined" countries clandestine attempts to export semiconductor fabrication equipment they were prohibited from having. As such I was required to be extremely knowledgeable and actually operated a semiconductor fabrication and test equipment sales company in the valley and was additionally a beta site for Applied Materials wafer processing equipment.

So please allow me to help you out about microchip origination. I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that Robert Noyce who founded Fairchild Semiconductor developed the very first integrated device (microchip) in the late 50s or very early 60s with the help of a couple of other guys there at Fairchild. He went on to found another company you may have heard of called Intel.

There is a consortium called Sematech which does have some government support as well as support from all the major chip manufacturers for cutting edge r&d to be shared among the members. But Sematech started in the mid 80s and had zilch to do with the beginning of microchips.

See now you're just talking bullshit. I worked for the Defense Department in the semiconductor field exposing China's and other "green lined" countries clandestine attempts to export semiconductor fabrication equipment they were prohibited from having. As such I was required to be extremely knowledgeable and actually operated a semiconductor fabrication and test equipment sales company in the valley and was additionally a beta site for Applied Materials wafer processing equipment.

So please allow me to help you out about microchip origination. I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that Robert Noyce who founded Fairchild Semiconductor developed the very first integrated device (microchip) in the late 50s or very early 60s with the help of a couple of other guys there at Fairchild. He went on to found another company you may have heard of called Intel.

There is a consortium called Sematech which does have some government support as well as support from all the major chip manufacturers for cutting edge r&d to be shared among the members. But Sematech started in the mid 80s and had zilch to do with the beginning of microchips.
Who saw the promise in microchip technology and provided capital for further development and integration in the late 50s and 60s? US military and NASA. The largest (I think) investments in solving issues with early "chips" were Air Force and NASA contracts. Think how that sped up developed and what was learned during the execution of these contracts that ultimately ended up in consumer tech.

Last edited:
Who saw the promise in microchip technology and provided capital for further development and integration in the late 50s and 60s? US military and NASA. The largest (I think) investments in solving issues with early "chips" were Air Force and NASA contracts. Think how that sped up developed and what was learned during the execution of these contracts that ultimately ended up in consumer tech.
That is a far cry from, "We wouldn't have commercial aircraft or anything requiring a microchip without government funded research."
For years and years after Noyce (who was funded by Sherman Fairchild from his camera business) and then National Semiconductor really got the ball rolling, they were swimming in private venture capital.
It is demand, not government, that has propelled the semiconductor industry. That is undeniable.
The government is more interested in specialty chips, many of which are hybrid (part integrated and part discrete component). That is for their unique use and therefore unique requirements such as the environment of space and reentry or the high speed, high heat environments of missiles.
They did aparently make a sudden move on a computer company that had a huge breakthrough in processor speed. That company went from "rising megastar" to "you never heard another word about them".

That is a far cry from, "We wouldn't have commercial aircraft or anything requiring a microchip without government funded research."
For years and years after Noyce (who was funded by Sherman Fairchild from his camera business) and then National Semiconductor really got the ball rolling, they were swimming in private venture capital.
It is demand, not government, that has propelled the semiconductor industry. That is undeniable.
The government is more interested in specialty chips, many of which are hybrid (part integrated and part discrete component). That is for their unique use and therefore unique requirements such as the environment of space and reentry or the high speed, high heat environments of missiles.
They did aparently make a sudden move on a computer company that had a huge breakthrough in processor speed. That company went from "rising megastar" to "you never heard another word about them".
Sorry for using a little hyperbole. There is none of that in this thread, lol. In this specific situation, the government dollars provided a huge portion of the initial demand that in turn provided capital for further innovation. To my (initial) larger point, government resources (labs, grants, purchasing, etc) have been hugely influential in scientific and technological advancement and these benefits are wide ranging.
If you look at the data for the water temperature, they were changed by EPA to water treatment discharge locations. Of course, the water will be warmer there. You can easily find this data on gov geospatial databases. A lot of the air temperature data was changed to airports as well. No one looks at where the actual data comes from. People just take the headline as a fact.
There are not waste water treatment areas in the open ocean. There are, measurement locations near waste water treatment areas (I mean why would the EPA measure those areas, baffling) and near airports (anyone who has ever watched a local weather report knows this). The databases used for climate models are huge and look at information from all over the world. However, they do but a heavy emphasis on areas that are critical to global ocean circulation (fyi, these aren't near you local waste water treatment plant).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT