ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Feeling on Ethan Barbour heading into tomorrow

JedMay

Pillar of the DawgVent
Staff
May 24, 2021

Ethan Barbour is committing at 12:15 tomorrow. The five finalists are Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State, and South Carolina.

This recruitment has been a little up and down over the past few months. But I believe Barbour will choose Georgia tomorrow for a couple of reasons.

First, he has been in Athens a TON over the past year and a half. G-Day last year, two game days last fall (plus the Oregon game), the title celebration this January, spring practice in March, G-Day again in April.... you get the picture. If you're a "follow the visits" person, then you're feeling really good about Georgia here.

Also, there's not really a clear competitor to Georgia, at least in my view. It's not like a Justin Williams recruitment for example where it was Georgia vs. Oregon with a couple of others behind. In the case of Barbour, it has always seemed like Georgia in the lead with no real team emerging as a true challenger. South Carolina is probably the closest thing if I had to guess.

Barbour loves Todd Hartley. Georgia's tight ends coach has been focused on Barbour as his second tight end in this class for a while. Barbour is a different player than Elyiss Williams for sure, but a good complementary skillset to Williams' freakish athleticism.

We've heard varying things about Barbour and his place on Georgia's board in the class. He has told us for months now that Georgia coaches have essentially told him they're ready when he is. There have been times where it's seemed as if he might not be quite as high on the board as all that. But now, it seems Georgia is ready to take Barbour as its second tight end in the 2025 class.

We'll see how it all goes down tomorrow. I will be at Alpharetta for his commitment ceremony before I head to Schley County to watch Zayden Walker tomorrow night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News