ADVERTISEMENT

Had a very patriotic service at church that...

Jep

National Champion
Jun 15, 2001
That years ago would have left me feeling pretty good about the USA. But when I see how our culture has shifted, the America those patriotic songs were about is deteriorating. We are no longer the John Wayne America, we're the Bruce Jenner America. Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office.

"We are no longer the John Wayne America, we're the Bruce Jenner America. Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office."

Japanese imperialists, North Korean communists, Chinese communists, and the Viet Cong are being elected to public office?

BTW, John Wayne was only 34 when World War II started, yet he sought and obtained 3-A draft deferments and sat out the war.

"We are no longer the John Wayne America, we're the Bruce Jenner America. Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office."

Japanese imperialists, North Korean communists, Chinese communists, and the Viet Cong are being elected to public office?

BTW, John Wayne was only 34 when World War II started, yet he sought and obtained 3-A draft deferments and sat out the war.
geez, no common sense........you just don't get it !

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
I have plenty of common sense, but I don't get bad writing. You said, and I quote: "Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office."

Your Dad went through hell in the Pacific to protect us against either: a) Japanese imperialists in World War II; b) North Korean communists or Chinese communists in the Korean War; or, c) Viet Cong in the Vietnam War. If, as you say, he fought to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office, then you are explicitly saying that one or more of those adversaries are now being elected to public office.

Learn to write clearly if you want to be taken seriously.

Don't lecture anybody on this board you snarky little troll. You two remind me of the obnoxious Harvard student in Good Will Hunting that Matt Damon wanted a piece of. I like the way you respond to the emotional posts with your facts and figures and ignore anything that challenges you and your indoctrinated beliefs...remember... you're a professional... and respect your elders.

Don't lecture anybody on this board you snarky little troll. You two remind me of the obnoxious Harvard student in Good Will Hunting that Matt Damon wanted a piece of. I like the way you respond to the emotional posts with your facts and figures and ignore anything that challenges you and your indoctrinated beliefs...remember... you're a professional... and respect your elders.

You mad because I disrupted your neo-confederate fantasy world with some inconvenient facts, bro?

You mad because I disrupted your neo-confederate fantasy world with some inconvenient facts, bro?
I don't care whether the south fought for slavery in the civil war. That was one of many reasons. That was over a century ago. Get over it. I sure as hell don't have any fantasies other than once again being as young and as cocky as you are... although I doubt you've ever used yours,.

I have plenty of common sense, but I don't get bad writing. You said, and I quote: "Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office."

Your Dad went through hell in the Pacific to protect us against either: a) Japanese imperialists in World War II; b) North Korean communists or Chinese communists in the Korean War; or, c) Viet Cong in the Vietnam War. If, as you say, he fought to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office, then you are explicitly saying that one or more of those adversaries are now being elected to public office.

i didn't write this , what i said is " no common sense ......you just don't get it " !

Typical leftist, never let the facts get in the way of lefty propaganda . Liberals Lie. Its their way of life

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2010/02/28/john-wayne-world-war-ii-and-the-draft/

Upon graduating from Glendale High School in 1925, Wayne applied to the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, hoping to live out his dream of being a career Naval officer. He came close but was instead chosen the first alternate candidate.

By the start of World War II Wayne had been suffering for years from a badly torn shoulder muscle incurred in a body surfing accident that cost him his football scholarship at USC in 1927. He also had a bad back from performing his own stunts during ten years acting in “B” Westerns. Moreover, he suffered from a chronic ear infection, resulting from hours of underwater filming on Cecil B. De Mille’s Reap the Wild Wind in 1941. Had Wayne actually undergone a pre-induction physical, he might indeed have been classified 4-F.

According to Randy Roberts and James Olson’s top notch John Wayne American, as a married but separated father of four and thirty-four years old in 1942 Wayne was classified by the Selective Service as 3-A (deferred for family dependency). In 1944 as the U.S. Military feared a manpower shortage he was reclassified 1-A (draft eligible). There is no record that he disputed this reclassification but his employer, Republic Studios, did and requested he be given a 2-A classification (deferred in the national interest, i.e., war bond drives, visiting the troops, etc.). Selective Service records for World War II are spotty at best, many having been destroyed, but surviving records indicate these claims were filed “by another,” i.e. Republic Studio‘s legal department. In fact, a letter from Republic Studios head Herbert Yates threatened to sue Wayne for breach of contract should he leave the studio for volunteer military service, though it is doubtful he would have carried through with the threat. But Wayne was indeed Republic’s biggest moneymaker during the war and that studio’s only “A” star at the time.

Yet, according to director John Ford‘s grandson, in 1943 John Wayne tried to get a commission in the Marine Corps and get attached to Ford’s O.S.S. (the forerunner of the C.I.A.) Field Photographic Unit. In Pappy; the Life of John Ford, Dan Ford says emphatically “…that the billets were frozen in 1943. John (Ford) couldn’t get Wayne in as an enlisted man, much less an officer.”

Pug,
Don't be a douche, the guy had a great point from the heart. We all have a grammatical error here and there.
The point was presented clearly in my opinion, it was clear he meant tyrants and miscreants that are in public service now. Notice I did not call the leaders, because they are definitely not that.
They think they are above the law and often get away with breaking it. They need to be on the front lines fighting isis, then we would really get it done sooner. You make those POS public servants put their own lives on the line, they would listen to the military leaders and not interfere.

Last edited:
That years ago would have left me feeling pretty good about the USA. But when I see how our culture has shifted, the America those patriotic songs were about is deteriorating. We are no longer the John Wayne America, we're the Bruce Jenner America. Sad to watch it happen, especially when I think about the hell my Dad went through in the Pacific to protect us against the very bunch that is now being elected to public office.
Jeb,
The vast majority are grateful for your fathers service and dedication to our once great nation. It is defiantly not the same USA he fought and bled for. Our churches have even become indoctrination centers for the left in many cases. I am glad there are churches out there that still get it!
I agree wholeheartedly with you on the sadness of Independence Day, as we are losing our freedom and liberty with each new law or program.
It feels like celebrating a day honoring marriage after going through a divorce. Thank your father for me if he is still with us.

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks Jeb. It was the worse feeling I've ever had on the 4th. For same reasons you alluded to. The left and tyrants have/ are taking over. When I saw the Supreme Court decision on marriage with no foundation in our law, that was a blow to what I thought was right. But, if it's the law I can deal with it. But, when I saw the White House (the house of ALL the people) lighted with the colors representing one "special Interest" group, I really felt the country was lost.

Lmao, go nitpick the trees, you might find the forest.

I don't think I want a country based on a Hollywood character

He was the president , not the basis of the
Country as the OP errantly suggests he believes John Wayne was

Maybe he should have dumbed it down for you. See sparky. Would you want to be in a Country full of Bruce Jenners, or a Country of John Wayne's? Which guy or pretend guy, or is it girl are you more comfortable with.....I think we can all figure that out, but tell us in your own words sweety

Maybe he should have dumbed it down for you. See sparky. Would you want to be in a Country full of Bruce Jenners, or a Country of John Wayne's? Which guy or pretend guy, or is it girl are you more comfortable with.....I think we can all figure that out, but tell us in your own words sweety
Bruce Jenner is a gold medal decathlete who musta hit his head or took too many roids and now thinks he's a girl .... John Wayne, a dead actor

Is there another choice on who we populate Pretend-Land with?

Bruce Jenner is a gold medal decathlete who musta hit his head or took too many roids and now thinks he's a girl .... John Wayne, a dead actor

Is there another choice on who we populate Pretend-Land with?
A dead, pretend, John Wayne POTUS would still be a much more effective leader than the current POSPOTUS.
The world would not be laughing at us either, they would fear and respect us as they did under REAGAN.

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
A dead, pretend, John Wayne POTUS would still be a much more effective leader than the current POSPOTUS.
The world would not be laughing at us either, they would fear and respect us as they did under REAGAN.
I thought we were populating the country with pretend good guy clones, not picking a pretend good guy president ..... I'm confused now

By neo-confederate, do you mean someone who believes in the sovereignty of states rights? You ought to read about history from the source instead of being lectured to by those who's agenda you agree. You might learn something.

By neo-confederate, do you mean someone who believes in the sovereignty of states rights? You ought to read about history from the source instead of being lectured to by those who's agenda you agree. You might learn something.

States' rights is dead. That matter was settled by the United States government in 1865.

States' rights is dead. That matter was settled by the United States government in 1865.
It was trampled on just as late as last week by the SCOTUS, so It is still a valid issue, just ignored by the federal government.
Like many things in this administration the constitution might as well be toilet paper, as shown by the way they treat it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT