ADVERTISEMENT

How is that Inflation Reduction Act……

thingy working for y’all…..are you all better off IYO??
Well, let’s see. The Bidens tell us that injecting almost a trillion dollars into the money supply which they will piss away on non-productive climate bullshit will lower inflation. Instead of “how’s it working for y’all”, the question is how many of y’all were duped into believing it would address lowering inflation at all. If you’re one of the dupees, buy an econ textbook, high school is fine.

Private manufacturing construction spending is off the charts: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/TLMFGCONS

Insulin has been capped at $35 a month for everyone

Free vaccines for Medicare patients

Since the IRA was passed, the US battery production capacity pipeline has experienced growth rates higher than Europe and even China; both Volkswagen and Northvolt put their European plans on hold this year to pursue US alternatives.

Since its passing, the private sector has announced more than $110 billion in new clean energy manufacturing investments, including more than $70 billion in the electric vehicle (EV) supply chain and more than $10 billion in solar manufacturing.

Hold times at the IRS are down from 28 minutes to 3 minutes...and then this:

Also:

Well, let’s see. The Bidens tell us that injecting almost a trillion dollars into the money supply which they will piss away on non-productive climate bullshit will lower inflation. Instead of “how’s it working for y’all”, the question is how many of y’all were duped into believing it would address lowering inflation at all. If you’re one of the dupees, buy an econ textbook, high school is fine.
Wait until you see his 7.3 trillion budget/campaign pitch plan for spending.

Don’t want to get duped/fooled again - 😏:

Hope he at least “axe” me this time…..but then again, Vegas sayz he won’t make it a second time…….going with Vegas:

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...us-government-budget-is-also-a-campaign-pitch

Last edited:
My investment account is kicking ass and taking names.

When Trump was President, he mentioned 401K balances all the time, so if Trump was responsible for the market going up on his watch, it makes sense that Biden should get the credit for the current upturn.

When Trump was President, he mentioned 401K balances all the time, so if Trump was responsible for the market going up on his watch, it makes sense that Biden should get the credit for the current upturn.
That's not how it works. The markets are forward thinking and trump says they are up because they are predicting he will win (sarcasm font applied).

History will tell you the market is positive in pretty much every general election year.

I also am still waiting for my 401k to "go to hell" as he predicted....(whispers) it hasn't

Cool…….after 18% inflation thru 37 months, I hope you do not need to make an early withdrawal.

Question - Does everyone else have jbpayne32 on ignore or is everybody just ignoring him? He blocked me because he cannot substantiate and win with his liberal arguments. I see he posted above showing how inflation has come down (LOL) but no replies to him. I would love to tear into him again, but alas he won't see my reply.

I so want to tell him how inflation isn't done and once oil prices and gasoline take off again, so will inflation.

Question - Does everyone else have jbpayne32 on ignore or is everybody just ignoring him? He blocked me because he cannot substantiate and win with his liberal arguments. I see he posted above showing how inflation has come down (LOL) but no replies to him. I would love to tear into him again, but alas he won't see my reply.

I so want to tell him how inflation isn't done and once oil prices and gasoline take off again, so will inflation.
He is a good reminder that libs just spew whatever the government feeds them. They have little capacity for original thought. Of all the sources to believe……..the GOVERNMENT??? They wouldn’t recognize the truth if it was latched on to their little testes.

And, yep, here is where he copied his post. That is unless he’s the bullshit-for-the-masses writer at the White House. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/08/16/fact-sheet-one-year-in-president-bidens-inflation-reduction-act-is-driving-historic-climate-action-and-investing-in-america-to-create-good-paying-jobs-and-reduce-costs/#:~:text=Investments in clean energy and,to estimates by outside groups.

My guess is if you wanted to spend the time you could find the government horseshit from which every lib post is copied and pasted. With no source notes, I might add. I saw one a few days ago noted as “sourced from elsewhere.” I asked where elsewhere is and got no response.

Last edited:

It is foolish for anyone to assume that inflation is "done"; those that do don't understand inflation is pretty much constant and necessary.

But, just the same, it is foolish to state inflation hasnt "come down" down because it has. Not in all areas, but total inflation has come down off its peak.

We can argue about the values used as to peak inflation and current inflation but all data would suggest it has cooled off.

Inflation is never "done". Whether it is continues a downward trend remains to be seen...

He is a good reminder that libs just spew whatever the government feeds them. They have little capacity for original thought. Of all the sources to believe……..the GOVERNMENT??? They wouldn’t recognize the truth if it was latched on to their little testes.

And, yep, here is where he copied his post came from. That is unless he’s the bullshit-for-the-masses writer at the White House. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/08/16/fact-sheet-one-year-in-president-bidens-inflation-reduction-act-is-driving-historic-climate-action-and-investing-in-america-to-create-good-paying-jobs-and-reduce-costs/#:~:text=Investments in clean energy and,to estimates by outside groups.

My guess is if you wanted to spend the time you could find the government horseshit from which every lib post is copied and pasted. With no source notes, I might add. I saw one a few days ago noted as “sourced from elsewhere.” I asked where elsewhere is and got no response.
Government has replaced religion for liberals. If government says it they wholeheartedly believe it to be true. And they also cannot think for themselves.

Private manufacturing construction spending is off the charts: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/TLMFGCONS

Insulin has been capped at $35 a month for everyone

Free vaccines for Medicare patients

Since the IRA was passed, the US battery production capacity pipeline has experienced growth rates higher than Europe and even China; both Volkswagen and Northvolt put their European plans on hold this year to pursue US alternatives.

Since its passing, the private sector has announced more than $110 billion in new clean energy manufacturing investments, including more than $70 billion in the electric vehicle (EV) supply chain and more than $10 billion in solar manufacturing.

Hold times at the IRS are down from 28 minutes to 3 minutes...and then this:

Also:
Air is still free, at this time. Waiting for Biden to tax it!

It is foolish for anyone to assume that inflation is "done"; those that do don't understand inflation is pretty much constant and necessary.

But, just the same, it is foolish to state inflation hasnt "come down" down because it has. Not in all areas, but total inflation has come down off its peak.

We can argue about the values used as to peak inflation and current inflation but all data would suggest it has cooled off.

Inflation is never "done". Whether it is continues a downward trend remains to be seen...
The RATE of inflation has come down, but prices are still increasing every month and the cumulative effect of inflation since the idiots in charge took over is still very real and hurting American families in a bad way. If you government cheerleaders spent as much time worrying about what food and gas prices are doing to people as you spend looking for ways to justify the unnecessary spending policies contributing to inflation, you might be looked upon as both more believable and brighter. Not to mention more caring for the plight of fellow LEGAL citizens.

And what do you think the addition of 10 to 20 million new non-producing spenders will have on prices?

Last edited:

Fair enough……but I will say that anything over 2% is too much. You have to go all the way back to Jimmy Carter to find anything worse than what the rate has been during Biden’s term.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
The RATE of inflation has come down, but prices are still increasing every month and the cumulative effect of inflation since the idiots in charge took over is still very real and hurting American families in a bad way. If you government cheerleaders spent as much time worrying about what food and gas prices are doing to people as you spend looking for ways to justify the unnecessary spending policies contributing to inflation, you might be looked upon as both more believable and brighter. Not to mention more caring for the plight of fellow LEGAL citizens.

And what do you think the addition of 10 to 20 million new non-producing spenders will have on prices?
Can you name some of the the unnecessary spending policies contributing to inflation we need to cut?

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
The RATE of inflation has come down, but prices are still increasing every month and the cumulative effect of inflation since the idiots in charge took over is still very real and hurting American families in a bad way. If you government cheerleaders spent as much time worrying about what food and gas prices are doing to people as you spend looking for ways to justify the unnecessary spending policies contributing to inflation, you might be looked upon as both more believable and brighter.
I'm glad you agree that inflation has, in fact, cooled...

Fair enough……but I will say that anything over 2% is too much. You have to go all the way back to Jimmy Carter to find anything worse than what the rate has been during Biden’s term.
I agree on your 2% target as does the Fed. But folks expecting to turn the ship around like it's a jet ski is the wrong way to look at it and setting oneself up for disappointment. I would say cutting the inflation rate by 50% from jun 22 to June 23 was impressive and something we really havent seen without a significant market/financial crisis. Last time it happened was under Reagan and Biden appears to be on the same path there.

When the Saudi's close their Port Arthur Texas refinery prices will rise. The plant will need some "cleanup" around August.

God forbid if you have to ever borrow any money for anything. Taxes will kill you dead too.

And if you can survive all of that, I pray that no one in my family ever gets kidnapped, hit over the hade, raped, assaulted, etc. by an “undocumented”……or anyone for that matter.

With my luck, they will probably send out social workers.

But on the other hand, I guess that is what they make guns for…..just hope they don’t come a knocking and want those also.

I agree on your 2% target as does the Fed. But folks expecting to turn the ship around like it's a jet ski is the wrong way to look at it and setting oneself up for disappointment. I would say cutting the inflation rate by 50% from jun 22 to June 23 was impressive and something we really havent seen without a significant market/financial crisis. Last time it happened was under Reagan and Biden appears to be on the same path there.
1.4% in ‘20 for Trump. It started to go up in Jan/Feb of ‘21 when Biden declared war on the petroleum industry.

Saying there should be a minimum/living wage of $15 per hour for all workers certainly didn’t help at the time.

Everything skyrocketed…….

Can you name some of the the unnecessary spending policies contributing to inflation we need to cut?
If you’re too dense to figure it out on your own, why should I waste my time? This thread is about the hilariously named Inflation Reduction Act, which is nothing much more than the green new deal.

1.4% in ‘20 for Trump. It started to go up in Jan/Feb of ‘21 when Biden declared war on the petroleum industry.

Saying there should be a minimum/living wage of $15 per hour for all workers certainly didn’t help at the time.

So much is tied partially or in toto to transportation costs. His energy policies have been imbecilic and incredibly inflationary.

1.4% in ‘20 for Trump. It started to go up in Feb of ‘21 when Biden declared war on the petroleum industry.

Saying there should be a minimum/living wage of $15 per hour for all workers certainly didn’t help.

Anyone could see inflation being an issue the moment supply chains got disrupted and we started to climb out of covid. Simple economics would tell you that.

Did bidens policies exacerbate it? Sure. But they were not the 100% driving force.

Inflation was and is a global issue that I'm pretty sure is not caused by US policies. Global inflation is at 6.8% compared to 4.7% in 2020. It's not a coincidence that all countries started to experience inflation at the same time.

And....yes...I agree with you on minimum wage. If you want to make more money, get a career. Invest in yourself. People shouldn't expect to make good money just by flipping burgers or bussing tables. Wage-price spiral is a big part of the problem...

I agree that the RATE of inflation has come down. You should explain how great things are to a family having to choose between food and gas. The impact of inflation is cumulative. It will be felt by working class families until wages catch up, and of course rising wages are inflationary.

Anyone could see inflation being an issue the moment supply chains got disrupted and we started to climb out of covid. Simple economics would tell you that.

Did bidens policies exacerbate it? Sure. But they were not the 100% driving force.

Inflation was and is a global issue that I'm pretty sure is not caused by US policies. Global inflation is at 6.8% compared to 4.7% in 2020. It's not a coincidence that all countries started to experience inflation at the same time.

And....yes...I agree with you on minimum wage. If you want to make more money, get a career. Invest in yourself. People shouldn't expect to make good money just by flipping burgers or bussing tables. Wage-price spiral is a big part of the problem...concur

Concur…..some of it was not in his control and some of it was. He certainly didn’t help himself.

Thinks the border crisis will be his downfall, BWTFDIK.

Concur…..some of it was not in his control and some of it was. He certainly didn’t help himself.

Thinks the border crisis will be his downfall, BWTFDIK.
On both points I agree.

However... republicans are not rolling out their best for those of us looking for viable alternatives...🤦‍♂️

I agree that the RATE of inflation has come down. You should explain how great things are to a family having to choose between food and gas. The impact of inflation is cumulative. It will be felt by working class families until wages catch up, and of course rising wages are inflationary.
I have these conversations every day. I would say that some (not all) families are struggling to make ends meet because they are terrible with their money. Like....TEEEERRRRRIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEE. Youd be amazed at some stories I have from over the years....even in good times.

They likely eat out a lot during the week. Eating out cost significantly more than cooking in (I'm aware of the costs with family of 4). Cooking in would most likely save you money on food and gas..a win win. Life's little luxuries like cable, internet and phone....you don't need the latest and greatest everything. You don't need 1000 channels and HBO/Netflix/etc. Cut some of that stuff.

Look at everyone with the newest iphones walking around....there are cheaper options but folks won't do it because they value wants over needs. If people budget right they can make their money stretch a lot farther than they think. Sometimes you just gotta tighten your belt.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
I have these conversations every day. I would say that some (not all) families are struggling to make ends meet because they are terrible with their money. Like....TEEEERRRRRIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEE. Youd be amazed at some stories I have from over the years....even in good times.

They likely eat out a lot during the week. Eating out cost significantly more than cooking in (I'm aware of the costs with family of 4). Cooking in would most likely save you money on food and gas..a win win. Life's little luxuries like cable, internet and phone....you don't need the latest and greatest everything. You don't need 1000 channels and HBO/Netflix/etc. Cut some of that stuff.

Look at everyone with the newest iphones walking around....there are cheaper options but folks won't do it because they value wants over needs. If people budget right they can make their money stretch a lot farther than they think. Sometimes you just gotta tighten your belt.
I owned a 50-unit weekly-rent trailer park in Cedartown for 8 years. There’s not a lot you can tell me about the working poor and I can assure you my tenants did not eat out. And none of them had TV service or new iphones. It seems you really have no idea how people are living. HBO…..what a joke.

My units… I owned them all…. turned over an average of every six weeks. The park stayed full so that’s roughly nine tenants per unit per year times 50 units times 8 years. That’s a lot of poor folks. Most were crackheads, many on questionable disability, many on legitimate disability, and many were working trying to keep their heads above water. And this was before the three years of Bidenflation.

You might try softening your heart and get out more to see what’s out there. People are suffering and it’s not because they’re terrible with their money. Many times it’s because they aren’t very smart and have been kicked in the teeth more times than you could count. I find your post incredibly naive. You might have these conversations every day, but you and your fellow conversationalists really don’t know what you’re talking about. People eating out a lot with cable, internet, 1000 channels, and new iPhones are most definitely NOT the people most affected by this three-year string of inflation. The people hurt the most have nothing to cut. Their kids put water on their cereal.

Inflation may have slowed in it’s rising but there has definitely not been any deflation.

I owned a 50-unit weekly-rent trailer park in Cedartown for 8 years. There’s not a lot you can tell me about the working poor and I can assure you my tenants did not eat out. And none of them had TV service or new iphones. It seems you really have no idea how people are living. HBO…..what a joke.

My units… I owned them all…. turned over an average of every six weeks. The park stayed full so that’s roughly nine tenants per unit per year times 50 units times 8 years. That’s a lot of poor folks. Most were crackheads, many on questionable disability, many on legitimate disability, and many were working trying to keep their heads above water. And this was before the three years of Bidenflation.

You might try softening your heart and get out more to see what’s out there. People are suffering and it’s not because they’re terrible with their money. Many times it’s because they aren’t very smart and have been kicked in the teeth more times than you could count. I find your post incredibly naive. You might have these conversations every day, but you and your fellow conversationalists really don’t know what you’re talking about. People eating out a lot with cable, internet, 1000 channels, and new iPhones are most definitely NOT the people most affected by this three-year string of inflation. The people hurt the most have nothing to cut. Their kids put water on their cereal.
Been on both sides of the fence…

I don't ignore anyone, but I do laugh at his idiocy.

He's posted several blatant lies on here...I remember last year, he tried to claim that the S&P 500 was up over 50% during the year (this was in like October or November).

Last edited:

My units… I owned them all…. turned over an average of every six weeks. The park stayed full so that’s roughly nine tenants per unit per year times 50 units times 8 years. That’s a lot of poor folks. Most were crackheads, many on questionable disability, and many were working trying to keep their heads above water. And this was before the three years of Bidenflation.

You might try softening your heart and get out more to see what’s out there. People are suffering and it’s not because they’re terrible with their money. Many times it’s because they aren’t very smart and have been kicked in the teeth more times than you could count. I find your post incredibly naive. You might have these conversations every day, but you and your fellow conversationalists really don’t know what you’re talking about. People eating out a lot with cable, internet, 100 channels, and new iPhones are most definitely NOT the people most affected by this three-year string of inflation. The people hurt the most have nothing to cut. Their kids put water on their cereal.
clearly, I struck a nerve. I don’t need a lecture from you. But kudos using your anecdotal example to compare to my anecdotal example I am just gonna agree to disagree.

If you honestly believe cpi evening out after a few years of unprecedented price increases has anything to do with an increase in government spending / deficit, there is zero point in arguing anything economic related.
Government spending is mostly non-productive. Government deficit spending increases money supply and is textbook, quite simply, inflationary. More money chasing the same amount of goods.

clearly, I struck a nerve. I don’t need a lecture from you. But kudos using your anecdotal example to compare to my anecdotal example I am just gonna agree to disagree.
Yes, whenever I hear somebody spouting nonsense about something, in this case a class of people, they clearly don’t know jackshit about, it strikes a nerve.

Yes, whenever I hear somebody spouting nonsense about something, in this case a class of people, they clearly don’t know jackshit about, it strikes a nerve.
Yes....clearly I'm the one off base.

I dont think "crackheads can't survive joe-flation" is the argument you think it is...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT