ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio Norfolk Southern rail enviromental disaster ignored by the Biden Admin

Worst 4 year Presidential term in US history.

Just when you think these morons can't do anything as bad as their last fugk up..........

And we just sit on our asses and keep letting them steal elections.
Look what they did to citizens that posed a peaceful protest at the capitol, they manufactured a national crisis, using their antifa thugs to start trouble. They killed an unarmed female veteran, arrested many without due process and many are still in jail for committing no crime. That was a message to us saying we will use our crooked government to keep you under our thumbs. I don’t see how we can reverse the corrupt system they have installed. I pray that we can somehow fix this, but don’t see how we can. It’s a very sad and scary time for Freedom. Look at what they did and continue to do to Trump and his family. Its criminal. He tried to fix this corrupt system and they tried to bury him. We will keep trying to fix this but the odds are against us that love freedom and limited government.

Just when you think these morons can't do anything as bad as their last fugk up..........

Trump literally rescinded Obama's requirement that trains carrying hazardous flammable materials must have ECP brakes.

The National Transportation Safety Board, who investigated this accident, just said that the Ohio train was NOT fitted with ECP brakes.

Ohio Republican Gov. DeWine said Biden & Buttigieg offered him whatever he needs, but he turned them down.

If this regulation wasn't rescinded by Trump, this train would have been required to have ECP brakes which would have likely prevented this accident.

Last edited:
Trump literally rescinded Obama's requirement that trains carrying hazardous flammable materials must have ECP brakes.

The National Transportation Safety Board, who investigated this accident, just said that the Ohio train was NOT fitted with ECP brakes.

Ohio Republican Gov. DeWine said Biden & Buttigieg offered him whatever he needs, but he turned them down.

If this regulation wasn't rescinded by Trump, this train would have been required to have ECP brakes which would have likely prevented this accident.

Then our current Transportation Secretary has had 2 years to correct this Trump era error. Regardless, I think the debate centers around fact pipe lines are more efficient than rail lines and goes back to the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline. I don’t think this particular chemical could be transported via a pipeline so not necessarily an apples to apples comparison but I think this is the origin of the discussion.

Then our current Transportation Secretary has had 2 years to correct this Trump era error. Regardless, I think the debate centers around fact pipe lines are more efficient than rail lines and goes back to the cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline. I don’t think this particular chemical could be transported via a pipeline so not necessarily an apples to apples comparison but I think this is the origin of the discussion.
boom

Keystone XL was primarily for the purpose of transporting Canadian oil to Louisiana to then be exported and sold globally. I’m not speaking for or against the project but it doesn’t have anything to do with this situation.

I do not believe that the Transportation Secretary can unilaterally impose new regulations of this kind. I also don’t know if any effort was made by the Biden administration to reimpose this particular regulation. I do know that deregulation is absolutely a core plank in the current republican platform and any new regulations will be aggressively opposed by republicans.

Reactions: shonuff253
Keystone XL was primarily for the purpose of transporting Canadian oil to Louisiana to then be exported and sold globally. I’m not speaking for or against the project but it doesn’t have anything to do with this situation.

I do not believe that the Transportation Secretary can unilaterally impose new regulations of this kind. I also don’t know if any effort was made by the Biden administration to reimpose this particular regulation. I do know that deregulation is absolutely a core plank in the current republican platform and any new regulations will be aggressively opposed by republicans.
Extrapolate the example and you may gain some understanding of his post

Linking that idiot liberal TDS bot account ed kraasinDbag is reason enough for you to never post again.

Biden canceled all Trumps EO's on his first day. Then waited over two years to do his own EO on capping insulin prices, the same EO trump signed. So people suffered for two years under this dumba$$es reign of incompetence.

Today, under President Trump’s leadership, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that over 1,750 standalone Medicare Part D prescription drug plans and Medicare Advantage plans with prescription drug coverage have applied to offer lower insulin costs through the Part D Senior Savings Model for the 2021 plan year. Across the nation, participating enhanced Part D prescription drug plans will provide Medicare beneficiaries access to a broad set of insulins at a maximum $35 copay for a month’s supply, from the beginning of the year through the Part D coverage gap. The model follows on the Trump Administration’s previously announced 13.5 percent decline in the average monthly basic Part D premium since 2017 to the lowest level in seven years.

The Inflation Reduction Act – which President Biden and Congressional Democrats delivered – tackles that problem and locks in on average $800 per year lower health care premiums for 13 million Americans, lowers seniors’ prescription drug prices, and caps their out of pocket expenses for prescription drugs at $2,000 per year. The Inflation Reduction Act protects Medicare beneficiaries from catastrophic drug costs by phasing in a cap for out-of-pocket costs at the pharmacy, establishing a $35 monthly cap per prescription of insulin, requiring companies who raise prices faster than inflation to pay Medicare a rebate, and allowing Medicare to negotiate price

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRussellDawg
Trump literally rescinded Obama's requirement that trains carrying hazardous flammable materials must have ECP brakes...If this regulation wasn't rescinded by Trump, this train would have been required to have ECP brakes which would have likely prevented this accident.

The FAST-Act (passed in 2015) required the review of that requirement. The review determined the cost exceeded the benefit (because that Act would use Federal Funds to implement). It's always been in DOT's authority to require it (and still is). It's the question of using Federal Funds to help pay for it.

It's not really fair to 'blame Trump' for following a law passed by Congress in 2015, when the DOT has had the authority to require ECP brakes the entire time.

Also, where did you get that info?

LINK

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Thursday requested federal assistance on the ground in East Palestine, according to the governor's office.

DeWine spoke with White House officials early Thursday morning and requested assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health and Emergency Response Team, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Ohio is not eligible for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency at this time, DeWine's office said.

LINK

“Ohio Governor Mike DeWine spoke with officials at the White House early this morning to address the need for federal help,” DeWine said in a statement. “As a result of this conversation, the Governor has requested assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health and Emergency Response Team, and the CDC to provide on-the-ground assistance in East Palestine.”

“The DeWine Administration has been in daily contact with FEMA to discuss the need for federal support, however FEMA continues to tell Governor DeWine that Ohio is not eligible for assistance at this time,” he continued. “Governor DeWine will continue working with FEMA to determine what assistance can be provided.”

Also, where did you get that info?

LINK

LINK

Perhaps because when I made my post that is what Mike DeWine had said? In fact, Biden called and asked what he needed and Dewine did not even initially call him back!

I suspect the flurry of activity just this morning is due in part to the political fallout from this press conference. Not a great look for DeWine.

Perhaps because when I made my post that is what Mike DeWine had said? In fact, Biden called and asked what he needed and Dewine did not even initially call him back!

I suspect the flurry of activity just this morning is due in part to the political fallout from this press conference. Not a great look for DeWine.

Certainly not a good look. But, the link you provided & what I provided doesn't support this:

...which is what I was responding to.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
Certainly not a good look. But, the link you provided & what I provided doesn't support this:

...which is what I was responding to.
When I posted that yesterday morning, it was not only true, DeWine hadn't even bothered to return the call offering assistance because he said he didn't need the help. What am I missing?

When I posted that yesterday morning, it was not only true, DeWine hadn't even bothered to return the call offering assistance because he said he didn't need the help. What am I missing?

WH contacts him Wednesday. He talks to them & requests Fed help on Thursday. FEMA says no. When did he turn down help?

EDIT: I think I'm off by a day (long week) Should be Tuesday/Wednesday

The 'turn down help' is disingenuous. It doesn't take a phone call from the President to get fed agencies to help in a disaster.

WH contacts him Wednesday. He talk to them & requests Fed help on Thursday. FEMA says no. When did he turn down help?
Pleased watch the DeWine video I posted again. He said Biden called and offered assistance and he had not called him back because "I'm not seeing it at this time". Obviously he changed his mind between yesterday morning and this morning, likely because of the heat his initial response generated.

And you are wrong about FEMA refusing assistance. From your article:
"DeWine spoke with White House officials early Thursday morning and requested assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health and Emergency Response Team, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Ohio is not eligible for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency at this time, DeWine's office said."

So DeWine's office acknowledging that this incident is not eligible for FEMA assistance is not in any way the same as saying it was requested and turned down. DeWine's office obviously understand the rules of engagement for FEMA and that this is not a qualifying event so they didn't ask. I'm sure they mentioned it because he took so much heat for yesterday's press conference where he said, again just to be clear, Biden called and he hadn't called him back at that time because he wasn't seeing the need for further assistance.

Reactions: shonuff253
Pleased watch the DeWine video I posted again. He said Biden called and offered assistance and he had not called him back because "I'm not seeing it at this time". Obviously he changed his mind between yesterday morning and this morning, likely because of the heat his initial response generated.

And you are wrong about FEMA refusing assistance. From your article:
"DeWine spoke with White House officials early Thursday morning and requested assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health and Emergency Response Team, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Ohio is not eligible for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency at this time, DeWine's office said."

So DeWine's office acknowledging that this incident is not eligible for FEMA assistance is not in any way the same as saying it was requested and turned down. DeWine's office obviously understand the rules of engagement for FEMA and that this is not a qualifying event so they didn't ask. I'm sure they mentioned it because he took so much heat for yesterday's press conference where he said, again just to be clear, Biden called and he hadn't called him back at that time because he wasn't seeing the need for further assistance.

I didn't mean to imply that 'FEMA says no' was a negative. I had already quoted above that they were ineligible. It was inappropriate/unclear brevity.

Again, I think your 'turned down help' is disingenuous. Several federal agencies have been involved since Day 1. If you were being equally critical about leadership here, I think you should be asking why it took the WH more than a week to reach out at this level. To be clear: I'm not defending the Governor here.

I think this is an epic screw up at many levels.

I didn't mean to imply that 'turning them down' was a negative. I had already quoted above that they were ineligible. It was inappropriate/unclear brevity.

Again, I think your 'turned down help' is disingenuous. Several federal agencies have been involved since Day 1. If you were being equally critical about leadership here, I think you should be asking why it took the WH more than a week to reach out at this level. To be clear: I'm not defending the Governor here.

I think this is an epic screw up at many levels.
Taking a big step back, I think this entire disaster has been mishandled across the board. Everyone can fairly take some blame.

Minimizing the near term threat is always the government playbook, unfortunately. I was at ground zero by 2pm on 9/11 and spent most of the next three months living in downtown Manhattan. I also happened to be in the asbestos abatement business for a year between highschool and college so went through some qualifying to become licensed. I absolutely knew for a fact that the promises of no harm from inhaling that toxic dust were utter BS, and if I knew it, the government knew it for sure.

This is why it's always good to take responsibility for your own health and to call the powers that be to account when they screw the people over.

Taking a big step back, I think this entire disaster has been mishandled across the board. Everyone can fairly take some blame.

Minimizing the near term threat is always the government playbook, unfortunately. I was at ground zero by 2pm on 9/11 and spent most of the next three months living in downtown Manhattan. I also happened to be in the asbestos abatement business for a year between highschool and college so went through some qualifying to become licensed. I absolutely knew for a fact that the promises of no harm from inhaling that toxic dust were utter BS, and if I knew it, the government knew it for sure.

This is why it's always good to take responsibility for your own health and to call the powers that be to account when they screw the people over.
100% agree. I should also add that I've always thought that the "two leaders calling each other after a disaster" serves no practical purpose & is done purely for political reasons. This goes for all sides.

It's fake & I hate fake.

Look what they did to citizens that posed a peaceful protest at the capitol, they manufactured a national crisis, using their antifa thugs to start trouble. They killed an unarmed female veteran, arrested many without due process and many are still in jail for committing no crime. That was a message to us saying we will use our crooked government to keep you under our thumbs. I don’t see how we can reverse the corrupt system they have installed. I pray that we can somehow fix this, but don’t see how we can. It’s a very sad and scary time for Freedom. Look at what they did and continue to do to Trump and his family. Its criminal. He tried to fix this corrupt system and they tried to bury him. We will keep trying to fix this but the odds are against us that love freedom and limited government.
15 years for some in jail for jan 6th
what a fing joke

15 years for some in jail for jan 6th
what a fing joke

Exactly. Peolosi's family has been a criminal family for almost a century.

The Bidens have sold out to the chinese and then the chinese provided for all of Hunters illegal habits.

None of them are in jail. Yet they have hurt more children, women and men then anyone on January 6th.

the small percent who went in the capital were let in by the police, people don't research or pay any attention but the information is out there.

I mean lets be real hilary destroyed servers and evidence. Nothing happened to here so in reality we have to court systems. One for the deep state and one for us.

100% agree. I should also add that I've always thought that the "two leaders calling each other after a disaster" serves no practical purpose & is done purely for political reasons. This goes for all sides.

It's fake & I hate fake.
Now we know why DeWine said the event didn’t previously qualify for FEMA assistance, because DeWine hadn't declared it an official disaster. Pure politics.

Now we know why DeWine said the event didn’t previously qualify for FEMA assistance, because DeWine hadn't declared it an official disaster. Pure politics.

Filipkowski is a poor resource for accurate/unbiased information:

FEMA told DeWine that Ohio doesn't qualify for assistance, which is usually reserved for disasters that cause significant property damage. The governor preemptively filed a request with the agency Friday to "preserve our rights" if the state is eligible for help down the road.

Lack of declaration wasn't the reason for the denial. They're still not eligible. Politics are obviously at play, but that guy is twisting the facts.

I'll need to find source I was reading on this again but the issue isn't denial but eligibility. This incident does qualify for FEMA assistance.

I also find it interesting that those wanting to blame the federal government responsible for this tragic accident are for de-regulation at every opportunity.

We should be happy it didn’t happen in a state we like.

This is BS cover. There are spotters that would have caught the problem many many miles uptrack if they had been used. The talk of brakes is just another way to blame a former president and allay blame of their own failed
Policies to another. I’m not saying the crash is anyone’s fault but the response was horrendous, and that lies squarely on the shoulders of Southern Norfolk, Biden’s EPA and the state Ohio equivalent. People blaming trump are just Boys cryin Wolf

Ever notice how we haven’t heard a word about hunters laptop or the Biden classified documents kept at his unsecured house. Hmmmm……

No I haven’t noticed that. It’s all over the news on an almost daily basis. Maybe you should find another conspiracy theory.

Try harder.

I made a lib take a couple hours out of his/him she/her/bi/it/whatever’s day to find some obscure stories buried in a couple hundred pages deep search results.

Anytime I hear someone use the term “conspiracy “theory”, I know they are clueless and a CNN headline seeker. 99% of the population has no idea where or when the term originated.

Try harder.

I made a lib take a couple hours out of his/him she/her/bi/it/whatever’s day to find some obscure stories buried in a couple hundred pages deep search results.

Anytime I hear someone use the term “conspiracy “theory”, I know they are clueless and a CNN headline seeker. 99% of the population has no idea where or when the term originated.
Did the Russians ever finally take out those Biolabs on Ukraine? Lol

Did the Russians ever finally take out those Biolabs on Ukraine? Lol

They took out 8 in the first 24 hours. There were 2 left. No intel in those, assume they are still there.

Did the Russians finally run out of bullets and men? Has the Russian economy collapsed yet, like you claimed it would die to biden’s sanctions? Did the Russian people finally rise up and overtake Putin and his communist party?

Ukraine/Russia isn’t the issue libtard dems wanna be lobbing insults and jokes at others from.

They took out 8 in the first 24 hours. There were 2 left. No intel in those, assume they are still there.

Did the Russians finally run out of bullets and men? Has the Russian economy collapsed yet, like you claimed it would die to biden’s sanctions? Did the Russian people finally rise up and overtake Putin and his communist party?

Ukraine/Russia isn’t the issue libtard dems wanna be lobbing insults and jokes at others from.
What intel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT