ADVERTISEMENT

Post Asheville thoughts...

C17 Dawg

Sky Pilot
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Burnett for Asheville is an absolute stud hitting the baseball. I eventually looked forward to watching him come to the plate. When you look at his number of college ABs and his stats, it's elite.

10 Hrs for weekend and 0 from Condon, yet he'd lead the team in batting avg? I'd laugh anyone out of that room. Yet, that is the fact. Wow.

I cannot recall (and I'm sure there were a few) a player having a "bad at bat." Asheville's pitching was well below par, but you still have to compete at the plate and one can tell if the hitter knows what's going on or not. I was highly impressed with the entire teams approach at the plate. (I don't think I've ever thought that before).

Coach Johnson's rep got us some outstanding transfers and they are gigantic. Ok, the second part is a bit embellishing, but Alford, Jordan, Carter, Toetz, Farris, Maran are big boys who can hit. D. Goldstein is a gamer. They will come back to the mean for sure, but they all won't have a bad game at the same time or not very many.

Pitching is still a work in progress. Charlie G was solid and Leighton showed flashes, but right now we have realistically 3 starters if you add Kolton in there which I think will happen. However, if our weakest link is the strongest suit of the head coach and he's Wes Johnson, I love our chances.

There is no substitute for experience. These transfers have been through it. There are some grown men out there. Dasher mentioned there is more of a pro feel to the team. I agree. And I love it.

I'm excited to see how they handle adversity. This season has tremendous potential.

Go Dawgs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News