ADVERTISEMENT

Practice notes for those interested

Artmcollins

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Had a close friend attend practice this week. Here are some tidbits:

• Start with a Bang: D. Bell has been moved to RB this week and will get some carries from that position.

• This has been said but I’ll reiterate. Carson screwed up the play before the half. He checked into a run with no timeouts. New Qb mistake – not a Bobo mistake. Side note: When it happened, I thought to myself “Don’t run the damn ball, Bobo.” I then realized that I was screaming the opposite of what I had been screaming at Bobo roughly 10 years ago or so.

• Some inside Butts-Mehre building think that R. Wilson is the best athlete on the team – which is crazy when you think about the talent on this team. He is still recovering from his knee injury, but it is expected that he will help us win sooner than later.

• Hughley is in on jumbo blocking packages. In sum, proof that Kirby misses D. Washington. We need a better blocking second tight-end, so the Luckie injury really sucks. Hope the new, incoming freshman TE can block. When asked if Hughley could catch anything, the statement was basically “I don’t give a sh** if he can catch. I need him to block.” After this exchange, a long love letter was dictated about how f-ing awesome Darnell was last year.

• RaRa is looking good at practice. Hope to see him play more this week.

• This really isn’t news but definitely cool to hear:

• First team defense is ridiculous and will get better as the season goes. No surprise there.
  • Second, you expect Brock to stand out in practice. But when you go in with that expectation, and he stands out even more than you expected, you know you are watching a once in a lifetime type player. Enjoy him while he plays for the red and black. Guy is ridiculous.

• That’s it and go dawgs!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News