ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes: Georgia Trending

Trent Smallwood

War Daddy
Staff
Aug 25, 2014
Flowery Branch, Georgia
uga.rivals.com
Antonio Williams: Tells me he has not scheduled visit to Georgia yet but the Bulldogs are definitely a team to watch here. He has been talking more with the Wisconsin staff, but at the end of the day he was closest with Thomas Brown and that was a BIG reason why he was committed to Wisconsin. If Williams makes it to Athens soon, watch out.

E.J. Price: There is no question that Georgia is trending hard for Price right now. I talked with a source last night and he said "As long as he keep his head on straight, he will be a Bulldog. He wants to be a Bulldog." Price has made it known how interested he is in Georgia and this will be one to watch over the next couple of months.

Jonah Williams: There is a lot of interest here behind the scenes. The Bulldogs have a lot of things working in their favor for the four-star OL. He knows Sage Hardin and Kendall Baker very well. His father attended Georgia and would love to see his son go there. Jonah grew up liking the Bulldogs and that was one offer he had wanted. If I had to make a prediction right now, I feel Williams would be part of this class.

Jamal Couch: Following his visit to Georgia this past weekend, the Alabama DE/OLB let me know that Georgia was a big offer from him. Georgia and Miss State are his top two right now and the Bulldogs are trending big time for him. Says Georgia likes him at outside linebacker. He loves the facilities and atmosphere in Athens, this is one to keep an eye on.

Chad Clay: I talked with him last night and he knows he is a huge priority for Georgia right now. Tyrique McGhee has already been in touch with him and trying to get him to commit to the Bulldogs. Following the visit he named Georgia and LSU co-leaders........and he told me last night he is leaning towards announcing in May and could come sooner. The sooner he announces, the better for Georgia.

Baylen Buchanan: Georgia made a big move for Buchanan following his offer this past weekend. He remains committed to Louisville, but if I had to say right now I feel Georgia is the leader here. His father completely bought into his son playing for Pruitt last weekend, and that is a big deal. I don't see a flip happening in the next couple of weeks, but I do feel Georgia is the team to beat right now.

Demetris Robertson: Robertson let me know that he was not able to visit Georgia last weekend because of a family emergency, but he has already talked to the Bulldogs staff and he plans on visiting in next couple of weeks to allow him more one-on-one time with the staff. Two guys that are recruiting him hard right now are Jacob Eason and Terry Godwin.........keep an eye on this one. Georgia is the team to beat for the five-star wide receiver from talking with him.

Mecole Hardman: Hardman told me this morning that Georgia was still recruiting him as a defensive back, but now they were telling him he could play both ways. Defensive back is still the position he would come in as though, but the opportunity to play on offense also is a big reason Georgia is heavily trending here. I asked him if a decision was coming soon and he said he had not figured it out yet. I also asked him what side of the ball he wanted to play on in college and he said "both". Georgia and Tennessee are tied at the top, but the Bulldogs have all the momentum here.

Kyle Davis: Davis has been committed to South Carolina for a while now, but the Bulldogs are really starting to make some noise here behind the scenes. He was in Athens on Sunday and was able to spend some time with Schottenheimer. He remains fully committed to the Gamecocks right now, but Georgia is making some noise with the Archer prospects right now......including Davis.

Julian Rochester: Georgia came into last weekends visit not even in consideration, but things changed after the visit. He told UGASports that the Bulldogs moved into the top spot for him. Georgia is really trending here with Auburn right there in the mix also. Rocker plans to be at Georgia for a while and that is a big incentive for Rochester and Brown. I don't see an announcement coming soon right now, but the Bulldogs have positioned themselves nicely here.

Derrick Brown: There is no question that Brown has made it known his interest in Georgia is very high at the moment. He loves Coach Tracy Rocker and the two have built a strong relationship. He named the Bulldogs his leader yesterday and they have been throughout his process. Right now I see Brown ending up in Athens while Auburn sits right behind them at the moment.

QUICK HITTERS:[/B]
BJ Emmons tells me he did not make it down to Georgia last weekend. He is unsure when he will visit but is still planning to.
Brandon Hill tells me he talked with Ekeler this morning and he is pushing for a March 21st visit. Georgia offered him recently and Hill is very high on the Bulldogs.
Mykelle McDaniel is for sure one to watch for Georgia and has high interest in the Bulldogs. Georgia is pushing hard for him and he could play multiple spots for the Bulldogs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News