ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY Reporter investigating UGA resigned over fabrications at prior job

Jason Butt

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Jul 6, 2020
Athens

UPDATE: Just added this in there. The AJC declined further comment. So with this, I wanted to add the questions I submitted. For those who read the story already, I'm posting the additional passage here.

The AJC declined to comment beyond the previous statement, which is that it is reviewing UGAAA's letter. In the inquiry, UGASports.com sent the following four questions:

1) When the AJC hired Mr. Judd in 1999, was anyone aware of this incident with The Courier-Journal or that he was employed at the Courier-Journal? (I ask the second part because this period of his career is omitted from his LinkedIn profile.)

2) Were any of Mr. Judd's current supervisors and editors aware of this incident prior to this email?

3) Does this prior incident and resignation give the AJC further reason to investigate the UGAAA claims that his reporting contains, per the letter, "errors, unsubstantiated allegations, innuendo, and possibly even fabrications?"

4) Considering the severity of what happened with the Courier-Journal, and if the AJC knew about this, were practices put in place to ensure Mr. Judd didn't conduct the same methods as an employee with the AJC?

As mentioned in the questions, Judd's LinkedIn bio states that he graduated from Western Kentucky in 1982. The first job listed is as a Tallahassee bureau reporter with the New York Times Regional Media Group from 1989-1999. He was hired at the AJC in April 1999 and has worked there ever since.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News