ADVERTISEMENT

RIP.....

Eastmandawg

Circle of Honor
May 29, 2001
Bobby Knight.

He was one of those guys that either you liked or didn't, kinda like the DJT of basketball. I liked him and thought he was a helluva coach.

Quick funny story, I didn't know him but my wife met him once. It was back when she was 17 years old or so growing up here in Saint Louis. At the time, she was dating some kid her age and was over at his house. The doorbell rings and she gets up to answer it. She opens the door..... and lo & behold, it was Bobby Knight.

He first says to her, "who the FOCK are you"??

She gives him the same bizzness and axe "who the fock are you"?? (although she already knew)

Knight then just laughs and enters. He was there to visit the Dad of her friend, a sports writer (Rich Koster) at the time for the old Democrat-Globe here in Saint Louis, which is now defunct. I still laugh at the story.

RIP dude, you were one of the best and one of a kind. You will be missed:

Last edited:
Bobby Knight.

He was one of those guys that either you liked or didn't, kinda like the DJT of basketball. I liked him and thought he was a helluva coach.

Quick funny story, I didn't know him but my wife met him once. It was back when she was 17 years old or so growing up here in Saint Louis. At the time, she was dating some kid her age and was over at his house. The doorbell rings and she gets up to answer it. She opens the door..... and lo & behold, it was Bobby Knight.

He first says to her, "who the FOCK are you"??

She gives him the same bizzness and axe "who the fock are you"?? (although she already knew) .......Knight then just laughs and enters. He was there to visit the Dad of her friend, a sports writer (Rich Koster) at the time for the old Democrat-Globe here in Saint Louis, which is now defunct. I still laugh at the story.

RIP dude, you were one of the best and one of a kind. You will be missed:

Classic Knight:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT