ADVERTISEMENT

Slow Joe thinks these kids will be grateful when relieved of student debt…..

and be outstanding citizens from now on. He doesn’t realize he’s creating another generation of entitled brats that will have their hands out for the rest of their natural born lives.

Bravo Dookie Boy…..Bravo I say.
It’s a brilliant political move and forces republicans into the corner of supporting saddling the younger generation with debt it can never repay.

The Republican Party is too stupid to offer the correct solution - make the universities pay for it

Reactions: MRDAWG
I don’t think so, it’s illegal for him to do so.
The question isn’t whether it’s illegal it’s how the voters are going to react.

If your a 27 year old with 100 grand in debt are you more inclined to vote for the guy who tried to dismiss that debt or the party which brought it to court to force you to pay that debt?

It’s a brilliant political move and forces republicans into the corner of supporting saddling the younger generation with debt it can never repay.

The Republican Party is too stupid to offer the correct solution - make the universities pay for it
Is it? I don’t doubt that philosophy alums from liberal arts schools now whipping up venti chai lattes love it. New York. California. New Jersey. Connecticut. States Joe is gonna win anyway.

How do hourly blue collar folks in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania feel about it? Ones who have credit card and car debt but didn’t go to college?

Plus - I suspect even some who benefit from it have to roll their eyes at the clear vote buying move in an election year. Joe is not popular.

Is it? I don’t doubt that philosophy alums from liberal arts schools now whipping up venti chai lattes love it. New York. California. New Jersey. Connecticut. States Joe is gonna win anyway.

How do hourly blue collar folks in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania feel about it? Ones who have credit card and car debt but didn’t go to college?

Plus - I suspect even some who benefit from it have to roll their eyes at the clear vote buying move in an election year. Joe is not popular.
Alot of people are mad as hell....and not gonna take it anymore... I pray there is enough of them.

I don’t think what your staying is untrue I just don’t think Biden is losing any of those votes he didn’t already have.

I guess what I’m saying is the pissed off Michigan factory worker was already voting for Trump.

And it’s not just a brilliant move for this election but in the long term. The old saying of “if your young and vote republican your heartless and when your old you vote democrat your stupid” isn’t going to be applicable to millennials because they are getting old with substantially less material wealth then previous generations. And as they age they won’t forget that the democrats tried to artificially discharge their debt while republicans went to court to keep the debt in force.

Sorry to switch subjects but there’s a NYT. column with 1800 some odd responses to JD Vance’s opinion that we can’t continue to supply the war in Ukraine, and people are going out of their minds attacking him. My question is, when did democrats become such war mongers? And is the $60.B just financing Joe’s reelection? They have plans and respond ike “we must ramp up production of type 2 munitions.” Real experts. And of course they’re promoting the stepping stone theory that was disproven in Viet Nam. I think some of the replies actually come from Ukraine and Russia.

Vance says when we can’t make over 650 Patriot missles in a year, it’s going to end badly for somebody that needs to shoot 2000 per month

Last edited:

Brilliant??….he’s buying votes, not sure that I would call it that, closer to criminal maybe.

It all would just adding to the deficit. Only 2 ways to reduce the deficit….decrease government spending and to raise taxes.

Somebody always pays, and it is you & I. Inflation ??….who knows what will happen there.

Besides, how do you make the universities pay for it (state & private)?? Don’t say endowments again, because when people/corporations make them, they stipulate how they are to be used.

It all teaches nothing, other than maybe entitlement, not being responsible and you can buy votes and get away with it.

Rather than call it “brilliant”. Maybe short-sighted is a better word.

The idea is kinda like him declaring war on the petroleum industry day 1. Inflation was 1.4% when he took office and it just took off and snowballed from there. Gas affects a lot of things.

Inflation has already started going back up again…..so has gas. Biden has done some damage that can’t be undone. He’s by far the worst prez since Jimmy Carter.

Can’t wait until this bozo is out of office. Enough damage has already been done, don’t need student debt added to it.

Brilliant??….he’s buying votes, not sure that I would call it that, closer to criminal maybe.

It all would just adding to the deficit. Only 2 ways to reduce the deficit….decrease government spending and to raise taxes.

Somebody always pays, and it is you & I. Inflation ??….who knows what will happen there.

Besides, how do you make the universities pay for it (state & private)?? Don’t say endowments again, because when people/corporations make them, they stipulate how they are to be used.

It all teaches nothing, other than maybe entitlement, not being responsible and you can buy votes and get away with it.

Rather than call it “brilliant”. Maybe short-sighted is a better word.

The idea is kinda like him declaring war on the petroleum industry day 1. Inflation was 1.4% when he took office and it just took off and snowballed from there. Gas affects a lot of things.

Inflation has already started going back up again…..so has gas. Biden has done some damage that can’t be undone. He’s by far the worst prez since Jimmy Carter.

Can’t wait until this bozo is out of office. Enough damage has already been done, don’t need student debt added to it.
If you don’t think the federal government couldn’t take those endowments if they wanted to I don’t know what to tell you.

Democracy requires buying votes. It’s a bad system but it’s the system republicans have to operate in.

I think it’s pretty heartless you’d be against taking money from universities, who btw hate you, based on the principle that young people need to learn a “lesson”.

I realize we will never agree on this issue but eventually the student loan debt will be solved with government action. To me it makes sense to use that action to punish the university system rather than further burden the tax payer.

Reactions: Athens is Heaven
I don’t think what your staying is untrue I just don’t think Biden is losing any of those votes he didn’t already have.

I guess what I’m saying is the pissed off Michigan factory worker was already voting for Trump.

And it’s not just a brilliant move for this election but in the long term. The old saying of “if your young and vote republican your heartless and when your old you vote democrat your stupid” isn’t going to be applicable to millennials because they are getting old with substantially less material wealth then previous generations. And as they age they won’t forget that the democrats tried to artificially discharge their debt while republicans went to court to keep the debt in force.
Good points. Disagree with the typical factory worker though. My granddad and uncle were elevator mechanics trained to vote democrat because their union taught them to do that. Even though their conservatives values would make Zinger blush. That’s the kind of voter that trump has been grabbing. The UAW leadership endorsed Biden but I guarantee you the membership is 50/50 at best. This college loan handout is a slap in the face to that voter. Short sided if you ask me.

Good points. Disagree with the typical factory worker though. My granddad and uncle were elevator mechanics trained to vote democrat because their union taught them to do that. Even though their conservatives values would make Zinger blush. That’s the kind of voter that trump has been grabbing. The UAW leadership endorsed Biden but I guarantee you the membership is 50/50 at best. This college loan handout is a slap in the face to that voter. Short sided if you ask me.
Disagreements about the impact of loan forgiveness aside.

The democrat party’s abandonment of union workers has lead to a lot of our current problems. The democrats used to be pretty hawkish about immigration in part because it hurt union workers.

If you don’t think the federal government couldn’t take those endowments if they wanted to I don’t know what to tell you.

Democracy requires buying votes. It’s a bad system but it’s the system republicans have to operate in.

I think it’s pretty heartless you’d be against taking money from universities, who btw hate you, based on the principle that young people need to learn a “lesson”.

I realize we will never agree on this issue but eventually the student loan debt will be solved with government action. To me it makes sense to use that action to punish the university system rather than further burden the tax payer.
1) Are you an attorney (endowment statement)?

2) No one said I was against taking it from the universities, read again. Just wondered what made you think the government could just take their money….especially the private schools.

Where would it end if they could?? Would car dealerships, corporations, etc be next??

Pretty dang sure you are opening up a can of
worms and it would make the problem worse.

3) “Democracy requires buying votes”??…very subjective, hyperbolic and overreacting.

4) To me it makes sense to use that action to punish the university system rather than further burden the tax payer”

Last I looked the US student loan debt was estimated at around 1.7 trillion. Pretty dang sure that most of that is compounded debt.

Do the universities have that kind of money? If not, who pays the balance?…and would the universities be responsible for the compounded debt also??

Calling the Republican Party “stupid” is ridiculous, but not surpriseing. Thinks you are reaching/dreaming without much thought.

Next thing you know you’ll be endorsing reparations.

Last edited:

These kids signed a contract for the money. They knew what they were getting into. These brats need to stand up and be held accountable and be responsible for for their actions.

He is buying votes for sure. But look who is footing the bill. The middle working class.

These kids signed a contract for the money. They knew what they were getting into. These brats need to stand up and be held accountable and be responsible for for their actions.
Did anybody cosign these loans? I don't get it....how do these kids get that much credit to put them in debt for the rest of their lives?

Did anybody cosign these loans? I don't get it....how do these kids get that much credit to put them know in debt for the rest of their lives?
I don’t know how these federal loans work. But we had an educational policy for our daughter and what the policy didn’t pay she took out a loan. She didn’t have to start paying it off until she graduated.

Did anybody cosign these loans? I don't get it....how do these kids get that much credit to put them in debt for the rest of their lives?
Different standards with more security provided by government. Which is why the whole thing stinks. Explains ballooning turnout tuition and famously left leaning college academic salaries as well.

Different standards with more security provided by government. Which is why the whole thing stinks. Explains ballooning turnout tuition and famously left leaning college academic salaries as well.
Odumbo started this loan mess. He did it on purpose so the government could involved in the university’s. The government has no business getting involved in the loaning money to students.

Odumbo started this loan mess. He did it on purpose so the government could involved in the university’s. The government has no business getting involved in the loaning money to students.
Spot on. This article explains perfectly why an academic career became lucrative at the expense of anyone paying to go to college. It was by design. Free money with no credit standards led to ballooning tuition and salaries. Also agree that it is not a smart political move. But Biden can’t help himself. He’s like the 5th grader running for class president promising he will get rid of math class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT