ADVERTISEMENT

So when do we get the instruction manual for the new board?

Well...it's a combination of facebook, twitter, myspace, the message board, and linked in.. all meshed into its own flavor...still trying to figure it out also...

Well...it's a combination of facebook, twitter, myspace, the message board, and linked in.. all meshed into its own flavor...still trying to figure it out also...
The page has not turned over since Monday, very few post here anymore. Seems most of the post are one guy with several handles talking to himself.

I've had one pinned up top...just open that post, click on "Help" and it should answer at least most of your questions.
Dash...my hat's off to you and I appreciate your loyalty, BUT, when do you stop defending something your customers don't like (understand) and provide them with what they want? Maybe it becomes a pay site. just asking.

Reactions: bubbaNearl
Dash...my hat's off to you and I appreciate your loyalty, BUT, when do you stop defending something your customers don't like (understand) and provide them with what they want? Maybe it becomes a pay site. just asking.

What you want me to do? I can't change the message boards. I'm sorry you don't like them......Anyway, I was just telling the OP where he could possibly find some help....I'm sorry it was wrong of me to do that.

What you want me to do? I can't change the message boards. I'm sorry you don't like them......Anyway, I was just telling the OP where he could possibly find some help....I'm sorry it was wrong of me to do that.
I sense your frustration and I appreciate your support. Maybe the "powers to be" should consider the wishes of the majority and dial in a tread view. Don't take this personally...we appreciate you!

Reactions: wooly_bugger
I sense your frustration and I appreciate your support. Maybe the "powers to be" should consider the wishes of the majority and dial in a tread view. Don't take this personally...we appreciate you!

I hear you, but there's nothing that can be done....Here's the bottom line
1. Rivals needed new boards - the ones we had were continuously breaking down. Remember Signing Day two years ago?
2. The company (Xenforo) YAHOO hired to build the new board built the new board off of new technology and chose not to implement thread view (as a co-existing) alternative to topic) because thread view requires pretty much huge sacrifices in architecture and user experience.
Given the minimal use of thread view (only 3 percent of Rivals total customers used it) it would have meant the other 97 percent would have had a compromised experience. This is also why you don't see a thread view on any of our immediate competitors.
Basically, if YAHOO had implemented a thread view it would have ongoing resources to maintain and update - again, with only three percent of Rivals customers using thread view, this would have been a very difficult decision to support....Bad thing for us is, of that 3 percent, most are from this site.....Everywhere else, the new message boards haven't been a problem.

Only three percent of customers. What do you think would happen if they had pissed off the other 97 percent?....Again, I know you hate the board, and that's fine. ...Every other place is excited about the new upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash...following the convo's on here is fouled up. I'm on and number of fishing topic view sites...no big deal when its more of a message board than a conversation board.

This is the toughest place to follow anything in a conversational format. Waay too much too soon for perhaps too many (living it here)...I'm trying but it it ain't happening.

Reactions: bubbaNearl
Dash does UGASports.com have to be a part of Rivals? Couldn't you guys start your own board? I'm sure every subscriber would follow you guys. Most of us hate Rivals evals on recruits and Rivals in general. We all love you guys and that's why we are here. Well we are here for you as well as all of us. I will keep my membership for the great news and all the stories but the boards can be caught up on while taking a deuce twice a week now instead of checking several times a day like I use to.

Only three percent of customers. What do you think would happen if they had pissed off the other 97 percent?....Again, I know you hate the board, and that's fine. ...Every other place is excited about the new upgrade.
I'm excited about it .... The old one was 20 years old

Dash does UGASports.com have to be a part of Rivals? Couldn't you guys start your own board? I'm sure every subscriber would follow you guys. Most of us hate Rivals evals on recruits and Rivals in general. We all love you guys and that's why we are here. Well we are here for you as well as all of us. I will keep my membership for the great news and all the stories but the boards can be caught up on while taking a deuce twice a week now instead of checking several times a day like I use to.

No because YAHOO owns UGASports.com
It would be professional suicide for us to do that....we'd also be no better than any number of blogs and would lose our media credentials which means I'd probably be out of a job....I can write about 300 more words on why not but I'm trying to finish a story so I can go to bed as my wife has to go to the hospital tomorrow.

Dash I'm sor
No because YAHOO owns UGASports.com
It would be professional suicide for us to do that....we'd also be no better than any number of blogs and would lose our media credentials which means I'd probably be out of a job....I can write about 300 more words on why not but I'm trying to finish a story so I can go to bed as my wife has to go to the hospital tomorrow.

Dash I'm sorry and will continue my support of you and the UGASports staff, no one does it better! No one has better content and no one knows the team and recruiting better! However with this new format I will just be checking in a few times a week now as to several times a day unless the folks who drive these boards start posting again. This is nothing negative towards you and I'll be a long long time customer as you guys are always on top of everything! Just miss all the comrodary.

Dash I'm sor

Dash I'm sorry and will continue my support of you and the UGASports staff, no one does it better! No one has better content and no one knows the team and recruiting better! However with this new format I will just be checking in a few times a week now as to several times a day unless the folks who drive these boards start posting again. This is nothing negative towards you and I'll be a long long time customer as you guys are always on top of everything! Just miss all the comrodary.

I understand bud. Definitely appreciate your support and patronage

Just hopped around to over 2 dozen big program boards, with high activity, and this is only one with chicken little syndrome. A little change, ok a lot of change, and they all went running for higher ground. Yet on all the other boards the majority keep on keeping on.

Opinion is clearly mixed on these sites and some are quite outspoken against it but they are working through it. Attrition on these sites seems to be minimal at best.

I for one like the change. It looks great on mobile, which is what I use the majority of the time. I like the new bells and whistles. Do I prefer thread view? Sure. Can I live without it. Yes.

The old board was much worse to use. For a lot of reasons this new version is more user friendly but some people would rather bitch and leave than try and learn.

Reminds me of my son when he doesn't like a certain food. He will act like it touched his tongue and then say, "no...I don't like it" and will refuse to eat it. No real attempt to taste the food. Instead he is refusing because he doesn't want to try at all. That is what the majority who left have done. Instead of sticking it out and giving it a shot they made a backup plan and rolled with it right away. By the way, my son is 6. These are grown adults.

Oh well, I will probably use this board more because of the functionality but my overall use will still be drive by in nature. Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: Radi Nabulsi
Just hopped around to over 2 dozen big program boards, with high activity, and this is only one with chicken little syndrome. A little change, ok a lot of change, and they all went running for higher ground. Yet on all the other boards the majority keep on keeping on.

Opinion is clearly mixed on these sites and some are quite outspoken against it but they are working through it. Attrition on these sites seems to be minimal at best.

I for one like the change. It looks great on mobile, which is what I use the majority of the time. I like the new bells and whistles. Do I prefer thread view? Sure. Can I live without it. Yes.

The old board was much worse to use. For a lot of reasons this new version is more user friendly but some people would rather bitch and leave than try and learn.

Reminds me of my son when he doesn't like a certain food. He will act like it touched his tongue and then say, "no...I don't like it" and will refuse to eat it. No real attempt to taste the food. Instead he is refusing because he doesn't want to try at all. That is what the majority who left have done. Instead of sticking it out and giving it a shot they made a backup plan and rolled with it right away. By the way, my son is 6. These are grown adults.

Oh well, I will probably use this board more because of the functionality but my overall use will still be drive by in nature. Just my 2 cents...
That's all neat and all but wo are going to follow if none else post?

That's all neat and all but wo are going to follow if none else post?

Point being if people actually tried to learn they would still be here. Most had made up their mind that they were leaving no matter what after the changes were announced. Plans were already in place yet the new system isn't that hard to figure out if you are capable to taking minimal instruction, if that.

It's awful. We've all been on here a long time, and everybody knew what was going on. Now it's just dead. For the most part, these are "threads" from this morning. With the wild popularity of the chat, you would have thought that Rivals could have figured out a way to keep it like it was. Oh well, everything changes, not always for the better.

Reactions: wooly_bugger
It's awful. We've all been on here a long time, and everybody knew what was going on. Now it's just dead. For the most part, these are "threads" from this morning. With the wild popularity of the chat, you would have thought that Rivals could have figured out a way to keep it like it was. Oh well, everything changes, not always for the better.

Wild popularity?. Most days it was just a dozen republo-nazi's spewing anti Obama hate , good morning threads, civil war re-enactments , booby pics, butt pics And shouting down anybody that even remotely had a non nazi opinion

Reactions: REAdawg
you are saying the same BS in every post...it's not Change...
Change is every new day...it's the style of discussion that cannot exists with This format.
Of course it can exist.....christsakes, it's just an online message board

I am sorry you could not hold your own against the 'Nazi's'...
I fended them off regularly with my own beliefs...
that's why I am respected and you are relegated to mostly talking to yourself on a dying Chat board...
Oh I believe I went circles around them too.....but it's tiresome dealing with that level of obstinacy and bullying behavior.....and politicizing everything

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT