ADVERTISEMENT

The continental USA is in big trouble, this Chinese balloon was a dry run for an EMP attack

Something else I've been wondering, how do we know these are Chinese spy balloons?

Is this something everyone ran with after 1 source opened with it?

It just seems like we knew a lot while not knowing much at the same time.

Treat this as hyperbole if you wish, but this is a point of no return for the American public.

If our military commanders are telling us it's too dangerous to shoot down a balloon over Montana (that's headed farther inland) then what will they shoot down?

If there's no action to intercept or collect this balloon and they are just going to monitor it to see what happens, what will they intercept?

This balloon could be a big nothing burger, but that's not the point. Our response is the point.

So any American citizen not demanding more answers from our leadership just doesn't care about security. Once it's on full display that a significant number of Americans don't care or will trust our government's BS in this matter, all bets are off.
When this is who is running our country, can we be surprised? I mean really, they have been signaling the USA is meek for years.

article-2189375-1487B41D000005DC-825_1024x615_large.jpg

2556.jpg
I think this is a stand down to china by our bought and paid for gov. The pentagon is gone and the White House has been for a while. Its absolutely disgusting that this balloon now has free roam over the country gatherings whatever the **** it wants.
stole this from the MB but interesting idea
Putting my tin foil hat on, this could have been a test of China’s human assets inside our military and government. The goal being to find out if those human assets were high enough and powerful enough to keep the US from shooting down a Chinese spy craft while it crossed the entirety of the continental US. The answer now appears to be yes.
The latest facts seem to be problematic for the nerratives shared on this board and by republican leadership. The current administration did shoot the balloon down and apparently the prior administration failed to do the same during at least three opportunities. So where does that leave us?

The spy/intelligence game is complex and does not generally lend itself to simple or purely partisan interpretations. Regardless, it seems the accusations that our actions are proof that Biden is bought and paid for by China are not supported by what happened yesterday or during the Trump administration.

The latest facts seem to be problematic for the nerratives shared on this board and by republican leadership. The current administration did shoot the balloon down and apparently the prior administration failed to do the same during at least three opportunities. So where does that leave us?

The spy/intelligence game is complex and does not generally lend itself to simple or purely partisan interpretations. Regardless, it seems the accusations that our actions are proof that Biden is bought and paid for by China are not supported by what happened yesterday or during the Trump administration.
Both parties are mostly trash. I'm moderate conservative but I think both parties are absolute dogshit minus a few good ones on both sides

Reactions: nice marmot
Both parties are mostly trash. I'm moderate conservative but I think both parties are absolute dogshit minus a few good ones on both sides
My great grandfather used to say that one could find more honor in a Parisian brothel than anywhere in Washington. Given that he both served in WW1 and personally knew a number of national politicians, I suspect he arrived at this opinion through personal experience.

LOLOLOLOL what does trump have to do with anything. These balloons are aircraft are nothing new. Someone just happened to find it this time and Biden only shot it down so he would not appear weak, which he is beyond that.

Like I said, its only purpose was to keep Hunter off the front pages for a week.

You are lost trying to make this about Democrats vs Republicans.

Reactions: ChicktownDawg

SHAT……at this point, I’m just hoping Biden can finish his term, he is looking awfully frail.

SHAT……at this point, I’m just hoping Biden can finish his term, he is looking awfully frail.
concur. they need to do with him what they've done with Feinstein. "Yes, you sure are running again." "Sure, I know honey, just you lie down here on the davenport and I'll get you some cream of wheat."

If the Chinese wanted to deliver an EMP attack, there are easier and more effective ways to do it than floating a tracked hot air balloon from mainland China.

The purpose of these ballon’s is unknown but I wouldn’t believe anything that comes from their government any more than what Putin says. They aren’t our friends. It could just them spinning us up to try to play the victim card.

As for waiting to shoot it down because of safety reasons, that could well be the case but I’d think the odds of potentially recovering any components would be greater over water if we didn’t blow them to pieces when we shot it down.

as my eyes see it, it's the ones mewling over a little ol balloon that look like pussies.

That was their plan. Dominate the news cycle. I wonder how many people whining about Chinese air craft infiltration have tik tok installed in their phone

Reactions: nice marmot
That was their plan. Dominate the news cycle. I wonder how many people whining about Chinese air craft infiltration have tik tok installed in their phone
agree on the latter re: tik tok. just so weird. but maybe not worth speculating about their plan, or assuming that any speculation can be posed with certainty, given that no one on here is an expert or speaks or understands Chinese.

I would be more worried if our military let public nattering drive their choices.

The implied supposition is that we did not know the balloon was air born until it was over the US or at least over North America; it is unclear which from the article.
For that to be true, it would mean that we do not monitor Chinese air traffic from space.
That is false

There is much the ChiComs would like to find out, the extent of our capability being a primary goal.
Hence this, "garsh, ya took us by supprize" public stance.

Even shooting it down as it approached our continent would have let them know a lot.
Should we have said, "yeah we been laughin at your derregible since the ground crew rolled it out of the hanger"?
No, we should do exactly what we did.

That's why the military would not shoot it down days ago when Biden wanted to make political hay. His crap in this case is no worse than the republicans trying to use this against him.

Last edited:
What do cars have to do with books you might ask.

Do you run out of Kleenex, toilet paper and paper towels at the same time? You know it’s all true!

The implied supposition is that we did not know the balloon was air born until it was over the US or at least over North America; it is unclear which from the article.
For that to be true, it would mean that we do not monitor Chinese air traffic from space.
That is false

There is much the ChiComs would like to find out, the extent of our capability being a primary goal.
Hence this, "garsh, ya took us by supprize" public stance.

Even shooting it down as it approached our continent would have let them know a lot.
Should we have said, "yeah we been laughin at your derregible since the ground crew rolled it out of the hanger"?
No, we should do exactly what we did.

That's why the military would not shoot it down days ago when Biden wanted to make political hay. His crap in this case is no worse than the republicans trying to use this against him.
Art of War always in play.

Reactions: bayrooster
agree on the latter re: tik tok. just so weird. but maybe not worth speculating about their plan, or assuming that any speculation can be posed with certainty, given that no one on here is an expert or speaks or understands Chinese.

I would be more worried if our military let public nattering drive their choices.
But they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT