ADVERTISEMENT

The sun did rise today…

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
so the world isn’t ending. And we are still alive as far as getting into a Regional, but it goes without saying that there is virtually no margin for error now.

If Stricklin does survive this year, I bet this will be the last time that we go into a season with two catchers. And I bet there is some regret over letting Shane Marshall pitch some of those “meaningless” innings last season.

If Stricklin does survive this year, there have got to be some changes made with our recruiting approach and they way that we develop players. 4 of our the 9 players in our lineup last night didn’t sign here out of high school, but rather signed with UAB, Long Beach State, Yale, and Furman. Not to say that there aren’t good players at that level, but what does it say when you rely on multiple players from that level of college baseball to round out your lineup in the SEC?

We signed a couple of outstanding hitters in the 2021 freshman class in Corey Collins and Parks Harbor. Collins hasn’t gotten any better since day one. Not his fault, I’m not blaming him, but that’s the reality. Parks has a little bit. He’s mainly gotten stronger and stayed healthy as far as I can tell. Fernando was always elite defensively. I agree with the radio guys that he gives you a great AB every time. But the numbers are what they are. In 2021, if you’d told me Fernando would be hitting 7th most nights as a junior, I would’ve thought we were loaded in the lineup. But we aren’t.

Same thing that we’ve been saying. Stricklin knows more about it than I do. But there has to be a different and better focus on recruiting, BEFORE worrying about the facilities.

Let’s just get a win today. Tennessee isn’t that great and we should have been ahead comfortably last night going into the 7th

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News