ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the outgoing seniors....

TheRedRain

War Daddy
Gold Member
May 6, 2005
Toward the end of the 2010 season I was chatting with an on again off again lady friend of mine who I hadn't talked to in several months. She said to me something like "I can't believe how bad the baseball team has been this year." And she was right. By any historical standard, we were a BAD team... At the time that she made that comment, we were something like 3-19 in the conference... We'd finish 5-23 in the league and 16-37 overall. My reply to her statement was "I didn't see it coming like this. It's hard sitting through all the losing, but I am going to miss watching some of these guys play." And that was true. I knew I'd miss seeing Justin Earls, Steve Esmonde, Justin Grimm, Alex McRee, and Jeff Walters. For me, it's like that each year. You spend so much time over there, so many hours watching these guys play, watching their ups and downs, that you feel a real sadness when it's over. And I have that feeling regardless of any relief that may also be felt about the curtains finally falling on a bad season.

I thought that I'd write up a couple of thoughts off the top of my head about what I remember from each of our seniors.

Up first: Zach Waters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News