ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg True Detective

DonutDawg

Vent Peacemaker
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2009
This season is a total waste of time. I could have completely skipped this episode & not missed anything important.
For 90% of the season so far, nothing has happened. Hints & innuendo & buildup but nothing ever happens except for random ghost sightings. It's turning into one of those stupid paranormal shows on A&E or something.

They leave every episode on a "cliffhanger", only for nothing to really happen in the next one.
It's not as boring as the 3rd season was, but it's close.

Gonna k and rewatch all the episodes again …it all makes sense one you do and you will start to figure out what’s going on

Reactions: Big-Mocephus
only 2 more episodes right?
6 this season total
and we will have to wait 2 weeks because of the super bowl also I think

Reactions: DonutDawg
This season is a total waste of time. I could have completely skipped this episode & not missed anything important.
For 90% of the season so far, nothing has happened. Hints & innuendo & buildup but nothing ever happens except for random ghost sightings. It's turning into one of those stupid paranormal shows on A&E or something.

They leave every episode on a "cliffhanger", only for nothing to really happen in the next one.
Even the writer, Nick Palazzo agrees and is angry with with director. I was shocked how many people said they liked it last week when I posted a similar thread. It sucks, plain and simple.

Maybe in the next episode during the first five minutes the monster/bad guy will just take out everyone and end this mess.

• Haha

The wife and I said the exact same thing after last night's episode. Then again, all of the other seasons kinda dragged along as well. Jodi Foster is carrying the show despite the story lacking so far.

Some of the worst writing/dialogue of any show I have ever watched. This show had potential, cool setting/cool concept, but they totally dropped the ball.

Reactions: Hunterhall8

Why do you guys watch TV shows like this week to week..

Just wait till everything is released then watch all it. Usually if you can't binge watch a series without losing interest, it's usually not worth watching.

Totally agree. I was optimistic about this season, but the writers can't seem to get out of their own way. There's not a single interesting character.

We get it, Jody Foster is horny. That’s about all I have gathered from the show.
Well put. A horny JF is not compelling television in my book. Don't get me wrong. I am a fan, and I tuned in at least in part because of her. But a randy JF doesn't move the needle for me. Literally or figuratively.

Agreed. I gave it up and decided to check out Netflix's The Brothers Sun. It has potential.

I have liked the show, but last night was about 50 minutes of filler with very little story progression. Only about ten minutes of the actual investigation.

I hate when streaming shows do that. I get that old TV shows had to do that because you had 22 episodes a season.

But in the world of streaming if it needs to be 4 or 6 or 8 episodes.....you are fine. Don't tack on extra stuff just for shits and giggles. Keep it tight and to the point. And TD is not the only show to do that, just the latest.

lol, it is weird because there are only 6 episodes so they are going to put alot of stuff into those last two episodes.

Interesting. The directors don’t write the dialogue and backstories. The pacing is really bad so that’s def on the Director.
Sorry, re-read the article. Nic Pallazo, did not write season 4. He’s making sure everyone knows he’s not involved in this season and has been outspoken he doesn't like it

Last edited:
Reactions: ugafriesen
I hate that they can’t capture the season 1 magic again. I remember turning that on and within 5 minutes knowing I wouldn’t be able to stop. We watched every episode one Sunday from noon to midnight.

The other seasons have been incredibly underwhelming. I haven’t even tried to watch this new season

Yeah, but there was that big one-eyed polar bear…..and another orange.

😎

I really wanted to like it. Love the setting. Love Jodie. But it's just not very good. Acting not very good. Writing not very good. Plot is boring. I guess I'll finish it bc I think there are only 2 eps left.

Agreed. This season blows

I hate that they can’t capture the season 1 magic again. I remember turning that on and within 5 minutes knowing I wouldn’t be able to stop. We watched every episode one Sunday from noon to midnight.

The other seasons have been incredibly underwhelming. I haven’t even tried to watch this new season
I’ve watched season 1 four times and have picked up things I missed each time. Best Season ever!!

Reactions: donalsonville_dawg
Yeah, but there was that big one-eyed polar bear…..and another orange.

😎
Oh shit,I forgot the mysterious orange 😂

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

• Haha
Reactions: hobokengeorgia
Well put. A horny JF is not compelling television in my book. Don't get me wrong. I am a fan, and I tuned in at least in part because of her. But a randy JF doesn't move the needle for me. Literally or figuratively.

spend a few weeks in ennis, no sunlight and you'd be texting 'you up?' to JF in no time 🤣

This is the worst season yet, and I dont think its particularly close
Yeah, I know I am in the minority in this thread on actually being okay with this season. But nothing will ever top the season with Vince Vaughn in it, for being the TV equivalent of absolute dog crap.

Yeah, I know I am in the minority in this thread on actually being okay with this season. But nothing will ever top the season with Vince Vaughn in it, for being the TV equivalent of absolute dog crap.
I’ve honestly forgotten who was in what season beyond season one. Like I can name people who were on the show, but I can’t tell you which season or what the storyline was other than the first one. It’s just so forgettable

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT