ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg True Detective

Watch Fargo. Each season is like a jazz riff on the basic components of the movie, and retains the quirky humor and violence of the Coens. First season is just classic, and the following ones are almost as good. You have to be okay with a with a little weirdness here and there, though. Last season has a ghost. Season before that had a random UFO scene that had nothing to do with anything.

I love it but if you're not a fan of the Coens' funnier films, stay away.

I’ve honestly forgotten who was in what season beyond season one. Like I can name people who were on the show, but I can’t tell you which season or what the storyline was other than the first one. It’s just so forgettable
So I know this is blasphemy within in this thread. But I thought True Detective Season 1 was the best TV show I had ever watched, until the finale. Then thought it was so freaking ridiculous in who it revealed to be the guy they were after....that it ruined the whole thing for me. And before someone comes in thinking I am not smart enough to comprehend, I understood the whole concept, that he was just a piece of the conspiracy not the top of the mountain. But I am sorry the retard cutting grass and making flowers with his sister (gross), is the guy who eluded law enforcement for years.....come the freak on.

True Detective rant over.

And anyway, starting with that finale on, they have never recaptured the magic for me.

But I did think this season is the best they have done since. And I am hoping they do a better job with sticking the landing this time.

Reactions: nice marmot
So I know this is blasphemy within in this thread. But I thought True Detective Season 1 was the best TV show I had ever watched, until the finale. Then thought it was so freaking ridiculous in who it revealed to be the guy they were after....that it ruined the whole thing for me. And before someone comes in thinking I am not smart enough to comprehend, I understood the whole concept, that he was just a piece of the conspiracy not the top of the mountain. But I am sorry the retard cutting grass and making flowers with his sister (gross), is the guy who eluded law enforcement for years.....come the freak on.

And anyway, starting with that finale on, they have never recaptured the magic for me.

But I did think this season is the best they have done since. And I am hoping they do a better job with sticking the landing this time.
Oh I completely agree that Season 1 was an incredible show with the one caveat that they did a terrible job landing the plane

Oh I completely agree that Season 1 was an incredible show with the one caveat that they did a terrible job landing the plane
When it was happening in real time, it was so popular.....and people had some great theories on where it was headed, and how it would end. A couple of which were really really well thought out and detailed.

My brother, said at the time, he had a bad feeling they had not really thought it out on how they wanted to finish. I said no way, they couldn't have put so much detail in, to not know how to end it. Oh, how wrong I was. And one of the few times, I wish the internet could have written the ending to a show.

This season is a total waste of time. I could have completely skipped this episode & not missed anything important.
For 90% of the season so far, nothing has happened. Hints & innuendo & buildup but nothing ever happens except for random ghost sightings. It's turning into one of those stupid paranormal shows on A&E or something.

They leave every episode on a "cliffhanger", only for nothing to really happen in the next one.
It's not as boring as the 3rd season was, but it's close.
It’s like Dragon Ball Z when I was growing up. Lots of episodes, but nothing happens…

• Haha
Reactions: DonutDawg
I am not at all surprised to read that a predominantly male audience on a college football site does not like Night Country.

If Alexandra Daddario was in the Jodie Foster role would you like it more? Yeah, you would.

I find it interesting that there is such a large difference between critical reviews and audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. 93% critical to 66% audience is a massive and unusual spread. There's a reason for those numbers.

@scottmac1972 and @donalsonville_dawg, you two characters are about to piss me off.
The finale to season 1 was great.

The inbred "retard" guy cutting grass was being protected by the Tuttle family/cult so that's why he was never caught before.
Who the hell did y'all want it to be? The actual devil himself?

What else should they have done with the finale?
Look, I wasn't wearing a Auburn T-shirt when I typed it, you should be fine. I understood everything you just explained, and what they should have done is just have it be some Bubba who the family was protecting. Still wouldn't have loved it, but you could at least see that maybe he was smart but had chosen to go live off the grid....and do weird stuff for his family.

I don't care how protected he was or how much money the family had......that dumbass on the lawnmower wouldn't have been able to pull off jack poo. And not only that, he went from dumbass to super genius when Rust was chasing him in his cult lair or whatever you want to call it.

If you loved it, keep loving it. I am just saying, I thought it was shit. Just differing opinions sir.

Now the reason I get so angry though, is I absolutely loved every minute of it, up until that moment. Harrelson and McConaughey were awesome in it.

I am not at all surprised to read that a predominantly male audience on a college football site does not like Night Country.

If Alexandra Daddario was in the Jodie Foster role would you like it more? Yeah, you would.

I find it interesting that there is such a large difference between critical reviews and audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. 93% critical to 66% audience is a massive and unusual spread. There's a reason for those numbers.
Some of what you suggest is absolutely true. But what critics like and the average person like, has never really matched very often when it comes to anything dramatic. So I wouldn't read to much into that.

Reactions: rectomo
Isnt being pissed off just your normal state? 😂
GIF by Giphy QA

Look, I wasn't wearing a Auburn T-shirt when I typed it, you should be fine. I understood everything you just explained, and what they should have done is just have it be some Bubba who the family was protecting. Still wouldn't have loved it, but you could at least see that maybe he was smart but had chosen to go live off the grid....and do weird stuff for his family.

I don't care how protected he was or how much money the family had......that dumbass on the lawnmower wouldn't have been able to pull off jack poo. And not only that, he went from dumbass to super genius when Rust was chasing him in his cult lair or whatever you want to call it.

If you loved it, keep loving it. I am just saying, I thought it was shit. Just differing opinions sir.

Now the reason I get so angry though, is I absolutely loved every minute of it, up until that moment. Harrelson and McConaughey were awesome in it.
Scotty you should know not to take my rants too seriously, you know I'm mostly FOS.

Yeah, I know I am in the minority in this thread on actually being okay with this season. But nothing will ever top the season with Vince Vaughn in it, for being the TV equivalent of absolute dog crap.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but this season is much, much worse.

Some reviewer that's seen all 6 episodes said it's all downhill from here. I don't know how that's even possible.

I don't love it, but it is ok.
The writer and director are one and the same.
This is TRUE Detective, there better be a realistic reason for everything going on (like the water causing mental illness/psychosis.) If it is paranormal I'll be PISSED.
Last night was weak, but all characters hit rock bottom last night, which has to happen before heroes get redeemed.
Let's see if they can land the plane.
Fiffy.

Yeah, I know I am in the minority in this thread on actually being okay with this season. But nothing will ever top the season with Vince Vaughn in it, for being the TV equivalent of absolute dog crap.
I was so looking forward to that season, and was a VV fan. He was absolutely horrible.

i have a solution for all the problems for the folks of ennis.

move.
Agreed. The occasional dead person walking around and one-eyed polar bear are the least of it.

They should just do a ten minute episode next week and just have an announcement that Ennis sucks and everyone is leaving. Case closed.

If they really want to keep making True Detective, HBO just needs to throw a gigantic bag at Woody and Mcconaughey and do a proper follow-up series.
or remake the final four eps of season one with a proper mystery to unravel

TD has had four good episodes total.

The first four.

this is the correct take.

basically two badass actors riffing but nothing much to the conspiracy and a silly badguy

Reactions: scottmac1972
Even the writer, Nick Palazzo agrees and is angry with with director. I was shocked how many people said they liked it last week when I posted a similar thread. It sucks, plain and simple.
Wasn’t his father Enrico an opera singer?

• Haha
Reactions: sk8erpatspop

Critics get shit wrong all the time. Look up what Roger Ebert and Vincent Canby thought of John Carpenter's The Thing.

Why the hell was this thread moved to the shitty chat?
There are currently threads about the f-ing WWE & hitting from the senior tees 😡

I feel like a loser just being in a thread that's on the Chat

This season is a total waste of time. I could have completely skipped this episode & not missed anything important.
For 90% of the season so far, nothing has happened. Hints & innuendo & buildup but nothing ever happens except for random ghost sightings. It's turning into one of those stupid paranormal shows on A&E or something.

They leave every episode on a "cliffhanger", only for nothing to really happen in the next one.
It's not as boring as the 3rd season was, but it's close.
Concur....the worst season by far. And boy, Jodie Foster now looks like my Granny.

She has aged, shat happens I guess.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT