ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's getting bashed by the media for pardoning Arapio

I have mix feelings about this to be honest . I think the tent city is a civil rights violation and also think he enforced laws that are on the books that are not popular.

I think the fair thing would have been let him get sentenced and reduced the sentence depending on what the judge gave him . I think he shouldn't done anymore than two years .

I think a full pardon is really not the answer. That just just my opinion.

A couple of things.

1. Did you agree with Obama's (politically motivated?) pardon of Bowe Bergdahl?

2. Military people have to sleep outdoors in tents routinely. Frequently, even there barracks aren't air conditioned. Is that a civil rights violation? Is there a constitutional right to air conditioning? Is it ant more cruel and unusual than what a military person deals with routinely?

3. It's debatable if the laws are unpopular overall (certainly with a vocal activist group), but even if it were, should Congress not change the law as opposed to judicial activists creating law through overreach?

The left is more Nazi like to me with the way they use violence at protests, this was exactly how Hitler Rose to power. They also can't handle any thought different from their own....hugely Nazi like to me.

Most racist of all was hllary saying she would bring male African Americans to heal. Like some kind of dog.... That's racist and beyond profiling.
One side is fighting oppression and the other advocates racial purity. There is no middle ground.

Reactions: bigdawg36
I have mix feelings about this to be honest . I think the tent city is a civil rights violation and also think he enforced laws that are on the books that are not popular.

I think the fair thing would have been let him get sentenced and reduced the sentence depending on what the judge gave him . I think he shouldn't done anymore than two years .

A couple of things.

1. Did you agree with Obama's (politically motivated?) pardon of Bowe Bergdahl?

2. Military people have to sleep outdoors in tents routinely. Frequently, even there barracks aren't air conditioned. Is that a civil rights violation? Is there a constitutional right to air conditioning? Is it ant more cruel and unusual than what a military person deals with routinely?

3. It's debatable if the laws are unpopular overall (certainly with a vocal activist group), but even if it were, should Congress not change the law as opposed to judicial activists creating law through overreach?

The left is more Nazi like to me with the way they use violence at protests, this was exactly how Hitler Rose to power. They also can't handle any thought different from their own....hugely Nazi like to me.

Most racist of all was hllary saying she would bring male African Americans to heal. Like some kind of dog.... That's racist and beyond profiling.
One side is fighting oppression and the other advocates racial purity. There is no middle ground.

Okay, so we have freedom of speech in this country, but if you don't like the speech you can use violent means to protest that speech? Or in the case of the Antifa forces at Berkeley, prevent it? That is fighting oppression?

The point being that these are fascists tactics.

Well for one he was an Obama appointee. Obama actually sued the state of Arizona for allowing police to enforce immigration laws. So obviously he was a target that the Obama justice dept wanted to bring down.
You speak in such absolutes.

Okay, so we have freedom of speech in this country, but if you don't like the speech you can use violent means to protest that speech? Or in the case of the Antifa forces at Berkeley, prevent it? That is fighting oppression?

The point being that these are fascists tactics.

The hypocrisy in here is ridiculous.

exactly

All of u are supporting Antifa which is a violent anarcho-communist group whose tactics include wearing masks, fighting with police, throwing urine bottles at police and others, They ally with BLM who support cop killers.
I don't see how anyone could support either Antifica or the nazis/white supremists. But the media seems to want to make Antifica into a group of heroes.

All of y'all who claim everyone who doesn't think like republicans or agree with u, are some of the most bitter people I've ever seen. Someone counters your point, you're calling people all kinds of names. You take it so personal that you can't even have a debate.

Big,, please look back.. The dims are the worst about making that claim... Anyone disagreed with odumbos ignorant policies, they were declared racist faster than poop runs through a goose.

How many actual criminals, drug pushers, deserters did Obuma pardon? I didn't hear a peep out of the propaganda wing of the dim party or any of the commie's on here. That's the hypocrisy! Never been a more racist or anti American pres than Odumbo. JUST take a look at all the times he jumped in on the side of a person against the police just because he person was black. How many policemen have lost there lives due to the crap he pulled. He never tried t pursued the blm to stop the crap... I just hope the percentage of folks in America that don't see the hypocrisy and absolute anti Americanism of the media and the left is no greater than it is on here.

All of u are supporting Antifa which is a violent anarcho-communist group whose tactics include wearing masks, fighting with police, throwing urine bottles at police and others, They ally with BLM who support cop killers.
I don't see how anyone could support either Antifica or the nazis/white supremists. But the media seems to want to make Antifica into a group of heroes.

Please don't put words in my mouth

Well for one he was an Obama appointee. Obama actually sued the state of Arizona for allowing police to enforce immigration laws. So obviously he was a target that the Obama justice dept wanted to bring down.
So by your rationale everyone of Obama's judges are prejudiced? Damn, that's a helluva world you must live in.

My question is how can y'all talk about other people when y'all do it too?!?? It's crazy.

And just because people don't agree with your republican viewpoints doesn't make you a lib or whatever name you use. It just means I don't agree with some of the things you say. Same thing with the other side of the fence.

Whatever ......pot calling the kettle black !

WGAS about the Arpaio pardon? Every POTUS does it, and I contend the Marc Rich pardon was the worst ever and most insulting and blatant slap in the face of law abiding citizens.

You are right , between Clinton and oduma , thousands were pardoned .....Clinton even pardoned his family member convicted on drug charges . The sheriff fought the cartels and illegal immigration for 50 years with DEA and as a sheriff .......what is it that libs don't understand about " illegal " ! USA !

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
Thanks , i hope it was more than i learn from your lib talking points ! LOL
"Lib, dims, snowflake, cupcake, libtard, demo rats,"
Do you have any words in your vocabulary that would help you have a discussion like an adult? You seem to enjoy giving people labels

"Lib, dims, snowflake, cupcake, libtard, demo rats,"
Do you have any words in your vocabulary that would help you have a discussion like an adult? You seem to enjoy giving people labels

Get your facts straight .......on this board i have never called anyone a "dims","cupcake",libtard",demo rats" , i have been called a couple of those names . In consideration of the discussion , i use the term libs referring to liberal and dem referring to democrat , if that's offensive , so be it ! I won't discuss the vocabulary comment, i think you know what the response would be .

Get your facts straight .......on this board i have never called anyone a "dims","cupcake",libtard",demo rats" , i have been called a couple of those names . In consideration of the discussion , i use the term libs referring to liberal and dem referring to democrat , if that's offensive , so be it ! I won't discuss the vocabulary comment, i think you know what the response would be .
You see, it doesn't offend me at all because I've said many times that it's all the same to me. I stay away from labels. I call a spade a spade. The funny thing is, I can make a comment or give an opinion on a topic, and if it's not aligned with what republicans think, I'm called all kinds of crap. Which is fine. It actually makes me laugh. You've went out of your way also. There's only one person I will give the business to on this board and he or she knows who they are and they know why.

All of y'all who claim everyone who doesn't think like republicans or agree with u, are some of the most bitter people I've ever seen. Someone counters your point, you're calling people all kinds of names. You take it so personal that you can't even have a debate.

Taking anything personal is most often related to a cumulative effect of being misunderstood, comically stereotyped or ignored for decades. Works in all of us "types." Those of us capable only of group/type think are the problem with misapplied action as well as inaction for generations. We all suck at resolving anything. We have too much fun blaming and subjecting ourselves to the resulting manipulation too many of us clamor for, letting/asking/demanding someone else "take care of things" for us. How stupid it is to beat on each other, when the real wolves at the door are our leaders in business, marketing and politics. "They" work for us (citizens, voters, shareholders, consumers), right? We are not the enemy. They (no matter the banner or color scheme) are. Wake the hell up. All of us!

Cali. is the bastion of liberal thinking and rampant anti-capitalism. I was stating that you align with that type of thinking so the point that the left was anti-American/Capitalism is proven even moreso by your home.
lol I've only been here 5 years. I'm from Georgia. I've served this country in the U.S. Air Force. I've come across people from all walks of life. Gained a little from all the places I've been and people I've met. I think moreso like a human being than a robot that only thinks on terms of "this is mine, mine, mine."

I think Drump should have waited until after sentencing to pardon. But I can't see how society benefits from putting a 85 year old man in prison. Why shouldn't he shoulder his own assisted living expenses, instead of passing it on to the taxpayers?

Last edited:
I think Drump should have waited until after sentencing to pardon. But I can't see how society benefits from putting a 85 year old man in prison. Why shouldn't he shoulder his own assisted living expenses, instead of passing it on to the taxpayers?

One consideration might have been to save Arpaio or the State of Ariz the millions more in legal fees that were sure to be spent if the case continued. No way he was going to win.

Truth is, the DOJ could not explain the law he supposedly broke. If they had done the nonpolitical thing and given him a jury, he would have walked. Its why they kept it a misdemeanor, they could deny a jury trial...

One consideration might have been to save Arpaio or the State of Ariz the millions more in legal fees that were sure to be spent if the case continued. No way he was going to win.
Yeah... I'm sure that was what he was thinking about when he pardoned him.

Truth is, the DOJ could not explain the law he supposedly broke. If they had done the nonpolitical thing and given him a jury, he would have walked. Its why they kept it a misdemeanor, they could deny a jury trial...

Trump ought to prosecute Holder for contempt of congress for Fast and Furious. Make it a misdemeanor charge and thus a 6 month sentence. No jury trial allowed. Get a friendly judge. Turn about is fair play.

Trump ought to prosecute Holder for contempt of congress for Fast and Furious. Make it a misdemeanor charge and thus a 6 month sentence. No jury trial allowed. Get a friendly judge. Turn about is fair play.
Are you being serious?

Are you being serious?

Not really serious but if the DOJ wanted to pursue the contempt congress on Holder it would be similar to the way they railroaded Arpaio. They knew Arpaio would win if he got a jury trial so they made the charge a misdemeanor contempt of court and the max sentence 6 months to eliminate the possibility of a jury trial.

Holder has already been convicted of contempt of congress and obstruction of justice for lying associated with the gun running scandal "Fast and Furious". 2500 guns were allowed to get into the hands of Mexican cartels. Obama covered it up and got him out of it by claiming executive privilege.

He was charged with violating parts of the Bill of Rights. THAT is what the judges went after. He violated the 4th amendment. He did it numerous times. Was told by judges to stop, and he continued to do it. He should be in a jail cell. He's a horrible human being who should rot.

He was charged with violating parts of the Bill of Rights. THAT is what the judges went after. He violated the 4th amendment. He did it numerous times. Was told by judges to stop, and he continued to do it. He should be in a jail cell. He's a horrible human being who should rot.

Wow ....tell us what you really think .He was a good public servant , 50 years fighting the cartels and illegal immigration ! USA !!

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT